City v Arsenal post match discussion

Great point. We are far from rolling along, but we are still getting results and undefeated, keep it up, it can only imrove.

Just got In what I see is Mancini holding what we have at half time and made our midfield more solid what we should of done is be more positive! We were poor and at the end of the day a draw was a decent result we now have to WIN at Arsenal to get the points back...

kippaxchris said:
Zabaleta again for me messed this one up along with Lescott! Zaba played great all game and then he headers it straight to Arsenal Cazorla shoots Hart saves corner in Lescott heads it straight to Koscielny

-- Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:26 pm --

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Just got in from the game.

Thoughts..Clichy was my man of the match today for me. The rest were distinctly average.

Dzeko - I have been a huge critic but his best game for ages.very surprised to see him come off when Sergio was clearly knackered.

Lescott - Yet another good headed goal but then he goes and fucks up with an abysmal headed clearance. He is a good premiership defender but not world class by any means. Oh for a Carlos Puyol with his dominance in the air.

I am concerned with the lack of team spirit at the moment again. They just don't seem together.

Oh well not going to moan and slag the team. Arsenal were good today and they bossed the middle. Who knows with a little more luck VK's overheader and Sergios follow up could have gone in but we are 4 pts behind.

People need to fucking chill and realise it is a long long season.

Can I just mention the round of applause at the start of the game. Well done city supporters.

Yh Lescott made a bad clearance and they scored from it but the corner would have never came around if Zabaleta didn't head the ball straight to an Arsenal player or if Maicon was playing

That was a very poor header from zabaleta.

I thought we were lucky to be one up at half time as arsenal were the better side. The formation today was all wrong and it was clear 5 minutes in that we were being over run in midfield. Fair play to Mancini for changing it at half time.

I thought for 20 mins of 2nd half we were decent. Dzeko did well.

After taking him off we were not the same team. Aguero should have gone off for me as Dzeko was playing deep and helping the midfield. Tevez and aguero were both too far forward for me.

Having said that the turning poit for me was yaya's awful pass to aguero. He delayed it far too long. Had that gone in it was game over.

Garcia looks worrying slow to me. Silva just not happening for him. Great vision to see the passes but just can't deliver them.

I don't think Arsenal deserved to win. A draw was a fair result. Wenger is a Master at spotting talented players. Carzola looks a steal. If they had a decent striker I think they would be right up there. 25 wins out of 27 at home is superb. The form is a bit worrying but 4 points isn't much. Fulham, Sunderland, west brom must be 7 points minimum though. We can't afford to get too far behind.

de niro said:
if it aint broke you dont fix it.

mancini has commited the cardinal sin.

Constant tweaking is needed to stay on top of the opposition. What "aint broke" will become "broke" when the opposition figures out how to counter that particular formation/personnel. In a few weeks, we will settle upon something and all this flapping will stop.

Javi Garcia was a disgrace today
he is too tall to play with yaya
we need someone like DJ.a quick guy.

there were too much spaces left,when Arsenal attacked us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.