City v Arsenal post match discussion

As ever the comments on this forum reflect the rich diversity that is the fans of MCFC.

There is little I can add, except I understand Bobby's desire to play with 3 at the back. I think he's right, long term, it's the way to play the modern game but surely we experiment with 3:5:2 off the back of a period of successful and winning games, when players are feeling confident.

I just don't think we're there yet, flashes may be but not consistently, especially against the more established teams.

The sentiments right here and to repeat an over used truism "it's a marathon not a sprint" but in the meantime it's bloomin frustrating watching good and great players thrashing around a football pitch not sure whose running where and who to pass to. CTID!

bluebannana said:
Tevez City said:
Arsenal looked like the home team today, most of City chances were created by a single player "Yaya"

Sinclair and Garcia are not good enough and Silva had a very bad game today.

I think Mancini have to bring Milner back to the team, he is better than Garcia, Rodwell and Sinclair.

agree with sinclair and garcia, but rodwells played well and is one for the future.

I know Rodwell was good, but not better than Milner IMO.

To be honest i thought we looked flat 2day .Arsenal would have won 2day if they had dzeko.We were poor and we need to improve

Yaya_Tony said:
Maybe it is just me but I think we played alright. We were up against it in the first half, second we dominated most of and of course a disallowed goal. Concentration in the final bit of the game is what has cost us, not tactics or players, similar to Madrid. We didn't give up after we conceded again, but the disappointment is raw, again. We are bound to pick it up and at the moment I can't really single out a reason for dropping the points, but still although it feels like a loss it is still a point gained. The arse have been on fire recently and even if it was at home, we still haven't lost a match. It's a long season, plenty of time to sort it out there is a long way to go until May.

Chin up and go again next match.

This^

Bad form is showing it's ugly face by these kind of matches where we could win but we dont.

1-0 up at HT, interesting sub at half time, little bit defensive but also Yaya could go higher up (but with no end product as it turned out).

We knew exactly we cant rely on a clean sheet as we concede goals from everywhere. Last years sometimes one goal was enough to win matches I hopethat will be the case sometimes this year too but so far we would never win a match with scoring once.

Knowing this we should do everything to score the second goal. But dont think Agüero, Silva, Yaya are in good form, Dzeko who played well got subbed, Agüero who didnt play since the opening match and looks tired stays on. Still we had some chances but couldnt finish them like Agüero after a Yaya pass (Yaya waited way too much) or Agüero's chance after a corner or Kompany's acrobatic shot.
In good form 2 of these chances easily become goals. Today none of them.

Something needs to done in the attacks, build ups, if we take Yaya out (injury or African Nations Cup) it is next to nothing. 70-80% of our attacks involves Yaya and we all knew whole summer we need to do something when Yaya is not available we signed Rodwell and Garcia who are clearly not the answer attacking wise...

nikatomcfc said:
Javi Garcia was a disgrace today
he is too tall to play with yaya
we need someone like DJ.a quick guy.

there were too much spaces left,when Arsenal attacked us.

He is too tall to play with Yaya????!!!! I've read some nonsense on here today but that will take some beating!

Jesus...bit early for handing out the nooses all round eh?
I thought Arsenal played some good stuff first half and we were out numbered in the middle...they could have easily gone in in front...having said that we scored and Dzeko almost nicked a second...good sub at half time and I thought we were comfortable 30 mins of the second half and should have put the game away...tired legs and a poor defensive header let them back in...draw probably fair in the end..early doors and I saw signs that the game is coming for us...bear in mind our disrupted pre season...Arsenal have started well as have Chelsea but we are in touch and I can only see us improving...put down the nooses foks...it's a marathon not a sprint.

Blumers Bloomers said:
nikatomcfc said:

He is too tall to play with Yaya????!!!! I've read some nonsense on here today but that will take some beating!
Was thinking the same.

The cookie monster said:
Blumers Bloomers said:
nikatomcfc said:

Was thinking the same.

He was just the right height at Stoke.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.