City v Arsenal Post Match Thread

It is odd to see so many excuses. Certain games you can argue were unjust but how many excuses do they need to make. They had more shots on target than we did, if you add two offsides that weren't offside - what about a couple that weren't offside that probably were? Then talk about City being dominant when they tired and were chasing the game...hmmm.... so City were fitter and in a better position. The fact is they got beat. It was an end to end game but perhaps the fact we did only have 7 shots on target and scored 6 goals yet they had the same and scored 3 means they should have bought that striker!

We really should be kinder to them !
8 years winning bugg*r all - this season they start like a house on fire ,all the old delusions resurface , they get all puffed up with how good they are after knocking over some pretty poor opposition , then we take a City sized pin to the mighty arse balloon .
I'm not surprised they are hurting and bitter.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5nJp8M5Y88#t=120[/youtube]

Hahahaha

We have played arsenal 6 times (all competitions) since the beginning of the 11/12 season - 3 home, 3 away. At home we have beaten them 1-0 and 6-3, and drawn 1-1. Away we have beaten them 1-0 and 2-0 and lost 1-0.

I challenge anyone to point me to the reaction on an Arsenal forum to any one of the 4 games Arsenal got beaten in where the consensus of opinion is 'hands up, they were better than us and they deserved it'.

Even the normally sensible ones I work with are adamant that on Saturday they were denied two perfectly good goals and a stonewall penalty. When pressed, one has acknowledged that the better team won, another has said (based on MOTD highlights) that the game seemed pretty even but we took our chances and they missed theirs, and another has said that you can't say the better team won because the ref was so biased in our favour (none actually went to the game).

I have tried to convey the mood around the ground that the outcome was never in serious doubt once Fernandinho had scored and the realisation by both sets of fans from about 70 minutes onwards that Arsenal were a spent force. To no avail.

There must be reasonable Arsenal fans out there somewhere who accept that they got beaten fair and square. But they don't post on Arsenal forums.

eversince 76 said:
Amazing to see how far this topic has dropped down the line in just 3 days. So much has been happening with the CL-draw and Leicester coming up.
I just watched the highlights ever since we beat Arsenal. What a terrific game and what a way to beat them. We are playing some total football the way loads of people admire it. And still we manage to give the manager something to moan about. But it's not just the football, it's the harmony withing the squad that glances of the fans faces. Hope we don't get too spoiled and remember we are still Man.City.

Zabaleta and Fernandinho both motm for me. Pity Aguerro had to went off, Kompany such a presence at the back, Silva not wanting to come of for he was so enjoying himself but needed to be protected against himself, Milner the man who cam practically play everywhere and shows such great professionalisme to others ... ah, well, it was a days to remember.

Yet we are still 4th ... ;)

Surely one of the best matches in Premiership history, enthralling to see it in person and and fascinating to view the full match recording.

Totally agree about squad harmony and about Silva enjoying himself. Some have mocked the word 'holistic' but the sheer verve of this display reflects players' freedom to express themselves and their respect for Manuel Pellegrini 's man-management.

I also agree about Zaba and Fern vying for motm but VK may even have shaded them. His early burst -when he choked off an Arsenal counter, left Giroud and Ramsey staggering as he swerved past them and then put the ball on a plate for Alf - was stupendous.
And so was his 55 yard run at the start of the second half when he rode five hard challenges. True, this ended with a tired pass which mertesacker cut out but the psychological impact of it on Arsenal - just after Kun had to go off- was immense.

just took a shot of the Times' (Monday) write up of the match. quality isn't ideal and apologies if it's been done before, but it's a nice read and I thought it might be of interest to some.
(click on the image to see it at full resolution, phone users are advised it's 1.4MB)
[bigimg]http://oi40.tinypic.com/1zdlrpf.jpg[/bigimg]

stony said:

Hahahaha
lmao. why dont they just stand up and say fair play we were the better side, they just cant take fact they were slaughtered by us, if they scored 5 we would have scored 9 ffs

welsh_andy said:
stony said:

Hahahaha
lmao. why dont they just stand up and say fair play we were the better side, they just cant take fact they were slaughtered by us, if they scored 5 we would have scored 9 ffs

Fair play to the old codger, he did say it wasn't a freak result when them nobs behind him started saying it was.

spoken to a lot of arsenal fans over here (ireland) since the game, bout 50% very congratulatory and freely admitted we were the better team, not too sure about the rest as I didn't want to waste too much time with infantile adults, told the sensible ones they were the best pl side to visit fort etihad since Everton :)

Their fan sites are full of whinging and conspiracy theories.

They are sore losers. I mean, even a lot of United fans take their hats off and say "You were the better team" when we beat them, but Arsenal fans by and large seem incapable of accepting that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.