City v Barca

AdamoTheGreat said:
No. No, No No No No. Just stop it. NO!

I see where your coming from mate buy the op isn't saying "we are the best",indeed i hate such threads. He is highlighting how good we are in a way that i find reasonable.
We crushed the rags at the swamp, should we compare ourselves to a 2nd div club ?. The next logical team to look at is Barca as much as it pains me to say it the rags WERE ? second only to them (New bayern team like us has to prove themselves).

Though I think personally we would loose just the fact we might be one of the few teams of the planet who could play 'football' against them and still be a threat says loads about how far we've come, if both teams played to their best I think no matter the score line the end result would be one of the most amazing games of football in the last decade.

Barca are miles better than us. Also Real have come on heaps and bounds lately and are also far better than us for my money.

I'm not sure what this 'poor run of form' is that Collie40 keeps going on about. Barca are undefeated in all comps and have only failed to win 2 games in the past 2 months. In the last 7 days they've won 4-0 and 5-0. Clutching at straws methinks.

TCIB said:
I think Kolarov offers much more than many people notice. See how he needled that black fella for Villarreal, who then got a yellow and had to chill out ?.

I like them both and would not like to see either leave the club.

If you had to keep 1, it'd be Clichy hands down, eyes shut head up ass

conormcfc said:
Barca are miles better than us. Also Real have come on heaps and bounds lately and are also far better than us for my money.

I'm not sure what this 'poor run of form' is that Collie40 keeps going on about. Barca are undefeated in all comps and have only failed to win 2 games in the past 2 months. In the last 7 days they've won 4-0 and 5-0. Clutching at straws methinks.
I had just assumed he was talking about Barca B in the Segunda. :P

Sorry folks, but we are not as good as Barca, and even if Barca couldn't beat United 6-1 at Trafford, this doesn't make us any closer. I told a friend that while Barca was a better team than Madrid last year, had it been Madrid in th finals against United, they would have beaten United by a larger margin. Barca passes a lot, and take fewer risks than other good teams (perhaps coz they don't need to as they will eventually break you down). But Madrid strkes hot and fast, and would have crushed United.

There is Barca, a shrinking gap, then Madrid, a larger gap, then Bayern and after that, there is a group of 6 - 7 teams that include both City and United, and perhaps even Chelsea,.
all slightly behind Bayern.

I really think if City plays Barca we will lose 8, tie 1, and win 1. And we should stop the foolery, unless Barca is having an off day, on any average to good day, any team in the world (except for perhaps Madrid) will be pinned back for most of the game. And that includes us. They are that much better (even if not overall, at controlling play).

There is no foolery here or blue tinted specs. If the rags had what we had now i would say the same thing, hand on heart.

You speak about Barca as if they are some entity thats unbeatable if we all had your mentality we would lose. They don't like it up em and if anyone can do that it is us or Bayern.

If we played our best at the minute and so did they we would get a draw if we were fortunate. If we played near our best and they flagged for whatever reason we would win. Of course this is all hypothetical but damn guys, we are arguiably the best squad in the world, The only difference is Barca have had time to get the team they have, a method all teams should aspire to.

Many teams get trapped on the wing and play breaks down, look at barca, ALWAYS they have at least 2 passes available which is what we do. They developed the triangle of death, we will improve on it.

I respect your view but i feel you give Barca to much respect. If Messi was out/man marked by De Jong i would put cash on Vince keeping Villa tucked in his back pocket. Rooney has far better positional awareness than Villa hence my assumption. We kept Rooney quiet even before the sending of.

Yes they are better as it stands but were united not generally viewed as better than us before the 1-6 ?

Ten matches between the 2 and i would put my own cash on it we could win 5 of them without any stretch of the imagination.

TL:DR Yes we could lose but we could win just as easily.

TCIB said:
I respect your view but i feel you give Barca to much respect. If Messi was out/man marked by De Jong i would put cash on Vince keeping Villa tucked in his back pocket.
Then you have to deal with Pedro, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Sanchez and Alves bombing on.

The 6-1 has clouded people's judgement. Barca or Real still have way too much for us at the moment.

TCIB said:
There is no foolery here or blue tinted specs. If the rags had what we had now i would say the same thing, hand on heart.

You speak about Barca as if they are some entity thats unbeatable if we all had your mentality we would lose. They don't like it up em and if anyone can do that it is us or Bayern.

If we played our best at the minute and so did they we would get a draw if we were fortunate. If we played near our best and they flagged for whatever reason we would win. Of course this is all hypothetical but damn guys, we are arguiably the best squad in the world, The only difference is Barca have had time to get the team they have, a method all teams should aspire to.

Many teams get trapped on the wing and play breaks down, look at barca, ALWAYS they have at least 2 passes available which is what we do. They developed the triangle of death, we will improve on it.

I respect your view but i feel you give Barca to much respect. If Messi was out/man marked by De Jong i would put cash on Vince keeping Villa tucked in his back pocket. Rooney has far better positional awareness than Villa hence my assumption. We kept Rooney quiet even before the sending of.

Yes they are better as it stands but were united not generally viewed as better than us before the 1-6 ?

Ten matches between the 2 and i would put my own cash on it we could win 5 of them without any stretch of the imagination.

TL:DR Yes we could lose but we could win just as easily.
No! Not really! Historically? Yes. But coming into that very game, I was certain we would win. For the following reasons.
United sucked against Chelsea, Norwich, Galati, and Liverpool. Thet had played 4 poor games on the bounce, and had the worst chance conceding ratio in the Prem over 8 games. Again, let me repeat that. They were the worst at conceding opportunities to the opposition. Worst than Wigan, Bolton, Blackburn ( the 3 promotees) and Arsenal. And they were about to play the most prolific team in the PL. Now could they have still won? Yes! Coz they score a lot, they were playing at home, and derby games sometimes go against the trend, as teams are uniquely up for it.
But us beating them certainly was no surprise, nor was it shocking. Even though most of the pundits got it wrong, if you tracked the predicitions of the stats crunching pundits, they a good # predicted a City win. Even Jaime Redknapp did before the game. Sensing CIty was still on its purple patch and United had fallen off its. Even though the results hadn't shown it yet.

Unlike that real situation, we are talking about a hypo here:
By the way, I don't think De Jong can hold Messi, nor would it even be his job. He'd have his hand full with the dizzying tippy tappy, of Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas,Thiago and Busquet up the middle.

Look, I agree any team can be beat. But that is not what we are arguing here. I mean Fabregas a year an a half ago was bar Rooney, the absolute best player in the Prem. In Barcelona, he is o his best day 4th best on talent, and perhaps 7th or there about if you consider understanding of the system and the like.

Let me put it this way: They have 3 David Silva's plus the best player in the world.

Yeah, we're five clear at the top, and twatting teams by five asnd six every week. We are obviously shit.

That Barca team, who only beat United because Rooney was a lazy bastard, would definitely thump us. Because Football Manager says so.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.