City v Boro post match

Usually I can get the poison out of my bloodstream in about forty-eight hours. Not this one, for some reason. Of course, you try to be rational about it, you say to yourself, o.k., calm down, we've been knocked off our perch, it had to come, we're two points behind the leaders, it's November, nothing at this point, early doors, etc., etc., blah blah.
It's as if we'd painted a beautiful painting – a complete masterpiece – during the week, and then on Saturday some oaf had walked past while it was lying on the floor drying and knocked a pot of bright yellow paint all over the thing.

I agree actually, this one is hardest to take for a number of reasons.
It shows we hadn't learnt from the Everton and Southampton results.
It's a real kick in the bollocks that the equaliser came so late.
Against Everton you can't really legislate for missing two penalties, and them and Southampton are fairly decent sides.
But to fail to beat a shit Middlesbrough brings back ghosts of 'typical City' and frustrating bogey teams. And it was the third time absolute piss poor finishing cost us, why isn't the world's best coach and players earning millions not able to heed lessons from two very recent games with the same result?

Christ almighty, my first post in pre Boro game was "Can the Blue Moon handle a upset" or words to that effect
Clearly NO
You have drew one game and its utter meltdown
Plastic mattress sales must be at a all time high in Manchester every weekend

Get a grip lads

We have drawn 3 on the trot at home, not good enough, people have a right to moan.

You were doing alright til you mentioned Navas!

Bit optimistic there on some for me mate!
I figure some will be on the low end and others will outperform there high-end. Navas was just a joke so I could reach a cool 100 :-)

Clinical finishing , solid defending for 95 minutes and a ruthless streak are essential if you are to win games of football in the premiership no matter the opposition.

We lacked all three on Saturday and that will be the case until the squad is overhauled to a man.

It was no surprise we came up short as has been the case at home in the past three games.

I think our style has improved in the main albeit we tend to fall into the same trap when pressed by oppositions and the squad once bedded down and injury free as much as it can be the results will pick up but make no mistake we are a long way off being a feared side to the point where we expose every frailty in the opposition at every opportunity like the top sides do consistently.

Our owners want us to become a real force at home and abroad and it will happen but in the meantime results like these will occur perhaps too frequently for our liking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.