City v Boro post match

Nope, before that. The whole sequence of play started when Garcia played a "pass" with the outside of his right foot that didn't go anywhere near a City player and allowed Boro to gain possession of the ball cheaply.

Ah right, sorry, will have to watch it back again.

Haha. I see what you did there. ;)

On your previous post. I'm sure Pep will be learning plenty from these early months. I'm surprised how many people seem to be talking as if this performance is the destination with Pep as opposed to just an early part of the journey. Everything will get better. Attacking, defending, team cohesion, tactical changes. Even the most cynical of Blue must know that whatever has happened in the last few weeks is only the start of something much bigger/wider/deeper.

I know, it's early days - very early days. Pep didn't even have a full preseason due to all the international competitions. If you compare his first preseason to his first at Bayern, the difference is considerable in terms of aiding preparation.

Ah right, sorry, will have to watch it back again.

Unless you have the whole game recorded, you need MotD: the Sky highlights don't even show it. Not looked at highlights on mancity.com. It stood out for me at the game because I had no idea what he was trying to do, as in "who the #### are you passing to?" and video I've seen doesn't help.

What Liverpool did today, that's what we should be doing to lower/mid-table sides.

Exactly but we are not quite at the races yet. As I have said before we will just have to consider this season as a stepping stone to hopefully greater things.
Indeed I can see a similar outcome to last season scraping for top four while getting to a CL semi maybe winning the FA Cup. Next season is the acid test for Pep really
I expect 5 or 6 out and the same number in. Then we can judge the success or otherwise of his appointment. With respect to Liverpool and indeed Chelsea not playing many games mid-week
is really helping them out. It begs the question do you really need two teams or at least two spines to be able to compete successfully in both competitions? The oft quoted overpaid professionals should be well able to play every 3 games seems to be losing it's validity. Perhaps we are downplaying the mental and tactical preparation required when we try to explain poor performance after European games.

Just like after the last round of champions league games none of the teams involved won the following weekend.

Massive advantage to Liverpool and Chelsea. that said we shouldn't be drawing 3 home games in a row against that level of opposition. even hull beat Southampton and Chelsea murdered Everton. not good enough...
Burnley beat Everton as well! Although Boro did also get a point at the Emirates

We were robbed - can't help feeling teams that come and perform, like Boro' did, are cheating football - imo.
Comes across as incredibly arrogant that mate. Their squad cost a fraction of what ours did, they're never going to be able to outplay us so they came with a game plan and executed it pretty bloody well. To claim they're cheating football is, quite frankly, stupid there is more than one way to play football, maybe you and Pep both need to learn that given his post match comments.

I know, it's early days - very early days. Pep didn't even have a full preseason due to all the international competitions. If you compare his first preseason to his first at Bayern, the difference is considerable in terms of aiding preparation.
You say that but the GPC rocked up at the scum and won everything in his first season, oh hang on a minute ;-)

Yet we still generated enough chances to have won the game with ease.

As you say they hope for a breakaway goal and pin all their hopes on not conceding presumably because their strikers are likely to score with that one opportunity. Not a very good strategy if many chances are needed just to convert one goal.

The big problem imo is we are just not able to keep clean sheets. The last 3 home games would have been won if we didn't concede. I know its stating the obvious but we
just don't look comfortable at the back and the league is normally won by a team who are mean at the back and can knock in a few goals. Indeed Pep' experience in the CL with Munich was often one of dominating games but not finishing off teams and conceding relatively soft goals.

I'm finding it hard to shrug this result off. Just re watched full game back and we are being wasteful in front of goal and really switch off at important times in defence. The one on one Forshaw had in particular. What was Clichy doing?? proper brainless!! And same for the goal. We should have easily been 3 nil up before they scored. The Aguero miss where he spooned it high and wide from 8 yards was just as criminal. Chelsea and Liverpool look far too ruthless this season for me. Plus lack of Champions league football gives them a defining advantage over us. We had 4 twenty goal a season strikers at this club not too long ago. Now we've got one.

Listened to GMR on the way home and people ringing in saying we need Hart back? really can't fathom to as how Hart would have helped us win that game?
From what I recall two players were completely unmarked at the far post! so yet again shit defensive positioning cost us two points...

Ah well, we move on. Wouldn't be us if we didn't make it harder for ourselves!
Why was Clichy alone covering 2 players?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.