City v Boro post match

I'm finding it hard to shrug this result off. Just re watched full game back and we are being wasteful in front of goal and really switch off at important times in defence. The one on one Forshaw had in particular. What was Clichy doing?? proper brainless!! And same for the goal. We should have easily been 3 nil up before they scored. The Aguero miss where he spooned it high and wide from 8 yards was just as criminal. Chelsea and Liverpool look far too ruthless this season for me. Plus lack of Champions league football gives them a defining advantage over us. We had 4 twenty goal a season strikers at this club not too long ago. Now we've got one.
As I posted before why was Clichy left alone to cover 2 players ? Easy to scapegoat him?
Its not rocket science why Pep system is great and effective when we pressed in NUMBERS and stripped our opponents.

Why was Clichy alone covering 2 players?

Cliche had to try to cover the Beast as well as the scorer. He saw it, you and I saw it, but so many seem unable to spot either that or the acres of room the left back had before he crossed.

Pretty football is OK but unless it results in goals and/or stopping the opposition scoring it is not going too win us sweet FA.

Three home draws is the form that got Hughes the boot and gives me no reason to celebrate on the way home.

But Cliches makes a nice scapegoat.

Not a clue mate, I wouldn't even single a player out as it was a team error..... just seems we don't have enough players in the box when attacking, and we have little when defending.
At about 50th min Bravo made a great save when our opponents outnumbered us on our left with our midfielders nowhere in our box covering them. Likewise into injury time what was Silva and Nolito doing (ball watching?) instead of tracking back and help the defense to cover de Roon. Clichy was correctly positioning for he has to help the CBs to cover Negredo who was on their blind sides.
Well and good for City mdfielders to press up high during the match but a critical flaw is here at this instant or into injury time they have to be at the right place and at the right time covering the right opponents !

I'm aware of that but he's been wasteful in front of goal apart from the purple patch , care to comment on Sterling and Dave?
Dave should hit 5-7 and Sterling 9-13 and Gundogan about 7-11 and Nolito 10 -14. If Aguero tops 25 and DeBryune 12-15, Nacho another 10. About 5 from Sane, and another 6-8 from Jesus.

That should put us at about 89 goals for the season. I'd say the rest of the team should chip in another 8 (between Dihno, Nando, Kola, Zab, Clichy, Ota, John, Kompany Garcia) and that has us at 97 for the season. Not great but solid.

And if Pep can sprinkle his dust and Navas poaches 3 goals that should put us at a cool 100 :)

Last edited:
Listened to GMR on the way home and people ringing in saying we need Hart back? really can't fathom to as how Hart would have helped us win that game?
From what I recall two players were completely unmarked at the far post! so yet again shit defensive positioning cost us two points...

Ah well, we move on. Wouldn't be us if we didn't make it harder for ourselves!

Their goal scorer has 10 yards free of space. Unbelievable defending.

Christ almighty, my first post in pre Boro game was "Can the Blue Moon handle a upset" or words to that effect
Clearly NO
You have drew one game and its utter meltdown
Plastic mattress sales must be at a all time high in Manchester every weekend

Get a grip lads

Usually I can get the poison out of my bloodstream in about forty-eight hours. Not this one, for some reason. Of course, you try to be rational about it, you say to yourself, o.k., calm down, we've been knocked off our perch, it had to come, we're two points behind the leaders, it's November, nothing at this point, early doors, etc., etc., blah blah.
It's as if we'd painted a beautiful painting – a complete masterpiece – during the week, and then on Saturday some oaf had walked past while it was lying on the floor drying and knocked a pot of bright yellow paint all over the thing.

Dave should hit 5-7 and Sterling 9-13 and Gundogan about 7-11 and Nolito 10 -14. If Aguero tops 25 and DeBryune 12-15, Nacho another 10. About 5 from Sane, and another 6-8 from Jesus.

That should put us at about 89 goals for the season. I'd say the rest of the team should chip in another 8 (between Dihno, Nando, Kola, Zab, Clichy, Ota, John, Kompany Garcia) and that has us at 97 for the season. Not great but solid.

And if Pep can sprinkle his dust and Navas poaches 3 goals that should put us at a cool 100 :)

You were doing alright til you mentioned Navas!

Bit optimistic there on some for me mate!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.