City v Celtic post match

Roberts looked head and shoulders above any of our wide players. Mind you, he was only up against our defence! Messi-like close control was great to see. Did he waste a pass all night?
A few other positives for us I feel - Gundogan, Zaba in particular, and no poor performances apart from, imho, Clichy, who offers less and less the more I see him these days. Overall, not bad for a 2nd string team.
Hoping we can get a good points haul over the December run of games now, so we can stay in the title hunt. And, Jesus is on his way...... ;-)

So the question is, is Pep so stubborn that he will continue to jeopardise the league by his constant fannying around with the first team and formation. He had four full backs playing last night (I know it wasn't a league game last night but you get my point) and not one of them was playing as a full back!

I don't know what to think anymore.

What to think is we have a manager who does not play a rigid , routine system using same players or like for like. Who plays a right back in centre of midfield and probably end up MOM.

I think its great that he tries these things, will come right soon just give him time and we have a lot to look forward to.

Roberts looked head and shoulders above any of our wide players. Mind you, he was only up against our defence! Messi-like close control was great to see. Did he waste a pass all night?
A few other positives for us I feel - Gundogan, Zaba in particular, and no poor performances apart from, imho, Clichy, who offers less and less the more I see him these days. Overall, not bad for a 2nd string team.
Hoping we can get a good points haul over the December run of games now, so we can stay in the title hunt. And, Jesus is on his way...... ;-)

Talking to the Celtic fans near us they're not that enamoured with Roberts, Junk was the word used, all one foot etc... I thought he looked the real deal actually and would hope we get him back in the summer.

Also asked which was better in Van Dijk or Denayer and they were evenly split on which one was, one said Denayer constantly baled out Van Dijk.

Funny because if Celtic had got their wish and switched to the English League then the Lisbon Lions would probably have never qualified for the European Cup.

In contrast, because there were so many decent English outfits in the 60s and 70s, most English teams only got one bite at the cherry.

All Celtic had to do was finish above Rangers and they were guaranteed qualification every season.

Anyway, let them continue to take the bits of the argument that suits their cause.

Not sure why people are having a go at Celtic.

Fair play to them.

I thought we'd twat them in both legs but they were much better than I thought. Much better than MGB.

More bothered about our insipid performances rather than abusing our opponents for daring to play well against us.

Thank you sir. A man after my own heart. Give credit where it's due like fucking men and angst, if there is any, in my experience, should be focused at my own team.

I can understand the frustration, fuck we play in a league that effectively snookers us from being able to outspend any English team, no matter how provincial. That's a hard one to take.

The reality is, that is the reality. We are never, ever, going to be a in a day where we are invited to play at the big table of the EPL. Our CEO is still harping on about it. I just cannot see
It. It is cut throat enough trying to get into the top four. To invite a club that could potentially make that more difficult for me is a non starter.

I try to come to terms with that through mainly alcohol and denial. It is also a point to remember that our joy at how we have played against city is a mark of utmost respect for you shower.

You aren't Stoke or even Leicester. You are Man City. We love how you play the game. I am of a vintage where I remember your dark days before, when it was difficult and you still turned out in force for years. I always respected that, and if someone with a load of cash was to go to any team, apart from us obviously, then I'm glad it was you.

We shall take the money we have made and through good scouting and luck, hopefully move forward a little bit further. I will now switch my allegiance to City in the CL and hope, as you all do, that you sort out your defence.

If you don't, well, we all know what that will mean. The last few years our defence was beyond belief regarding the depths of their ability to fuck anything and everything up. If you looked up the word preposterous, it had a photo of our back four. We are getting better but there is nothing more likely to send us into an orbit of insanity than our team playing brilliant attacking football, only to be continually outdone by farcical defending. So, again I get city fans frustration. The joy for you though is you are in a position to fix it.

I enjoy this site and hope to be allowed to stay. I will back my team and rail against undue slagging as I see it. Hopefully with a bit of class though and not getting personal.

After all someone slagging our teams is like slagging our mothers. And that wouldn't be allowed would it without calling out whoever went down that road?

I know exactly where we are and the impossible gap that exists. That doesn't mean we tugg our fucking forelocks and get in line knowing our place.

Naw, that's not how it works. We fight.

We have a saying in Glasgow that sums that attitude up when people dismiss us. It goes like this.

"Aye, do you fucking think so?"

This was the hardest group. Barca and City and a top four German outfit. When our name came out in there I remember distinctly saying oh for fuck sake. Out loud. On a bus.

Apart from being mauled senseless by Barca, I thought our young team showed guts and a wee but if talent too and as we all know, talent without guts is like decaffeinated coffee.

A total waste of fucking time.

We will go away and hopefully sign one or two players in January that will make the three CL qualifying games less harrowing. Never give up on hope,
Sometimes as a football supporter it's all we have.

I will be watching the draw on Monday and hoping it's kind to you.

Thank you sir. A man after my own heart. Give credit where it's due like fucking men and angst, if there is any, in my experience, should be focused at my own team.

I can understand the frustration, fuck we play in a league that effectively snookers us from being able to outspend any English team, no matter how provincial. That's a hard one to take.

The reality is, that is the reality. We are never, ever, going to be a in a day where we are invited to play at the big table of the EPL. Our CEO is still harping on about it. I just cannot see
It. It is cut throat enough trying to get into the top four. To invite a club that could potentially make that more difficult for me is a non starter.

I try to come to terms with that through mainly alcohol and denial. It is also a point to remember that our joy at how we have played against city is a mark of utmost respect for you shower.

You aren't Stoke or even Leicester. You are Man City. We love how you play the game. I am of a vintage where I remember your dark days before, when it was difficult and you still turned out in force for years. I always respected that, and if someone with a load of cash was to go to any team, apart from us obviously, then I'm glad it was you.

We shall take the money we have made and through good scouting and luck, hopefully move forward a little bit further. I will now switch my allegiance to City in the CL and hope, as you all do, that you sort out your defence.

If you don't, well, we all know what that will mean. The last few years our defence was beyond belief regarding the depths of their ability to fuck anything and everything up. If you looked up the word preposterous, it had a photo of our back four. We are getting better but there is nothing more likely to send us into an orbit of insanity than our team playing brilliant attacking football, only to be continually outdone by farcical defending. So, again I get city fans frustration. The joy for you though is you are in a position to fix it.

I enjoy this site and hope to be allowed to stay. I will back my team and rail against undue slagging as I see it. Hopefully with a bit of class though and not getting personal.

After all someone slagging our teams is like slagging our mothers. And that wouldn't be allowed would it without calling out whoever went down that road?

I know exactly where we are and the impossible gap that exists. That doesn't mean we tugg our fucking forelocks and get in line knowing our place.

Naw, that's not how it works. We fight.

We have a saying in Glasgow that sums that attitude up when people dismiss us. It goes like this.

"Aye, do you fucking think so?"

This was the hardest group. Barca and City and a top four German outfit. When our name came out in there I remember distinctly saying oh for fuck sake. Out loud. On a bus.

Apart from being mauled senseless by Barca, I thought our young team showed guts and a wee but if talent too and as we all know, talent without guts is like decaffeinated coffee.

A total waste of fucking time.

We will go away and hopefully sign one or two players in January that will make the three CL qualifying games less harrowing. Never give up on hope,
Sometimes as a football supporter it's all we have.

I will be watching the draw on Monday and hoping it's kind to you.

Well said.

Rosler1985,you really do hate Celtic don't you. I've read every post on these pages,by God you hate the Tic. Can't you take constructive criticism from a Celtic fan. Magicpole seems to be a decent guy tbf,all you've done is try to fuk him every post he makes.

If only I could sit down and talk to the guy. We would be best mates in no time. I might even buy a round. :)

Maybe I took that too far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.