City v Celtic - Pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
City are playing and I want to win. If Celtic don't create an atmosphere then they'll have got lost on the way to the stadium. I imagine they've sold out because a Mayo Bhoy keeps retweeting ticket requests.

Resting players is far more valuable

sometimes its better to keep on playing than chop & changing but i still think our 2nd team will be enough to beat celtic
but having the foot on the gas and giving them a fight is what needed and you get on a run of winning breed confidence and after the barca game we must keep our tails up

No. It's not important to us in the slightest. Rest our 1st choice XI and play as many fringe players as we can. We still be able to give games to Willy, Fernando, Sané, Navas, Maffeo, Clichy, Iheanacho and Delph.

Load the bench with as many kids as possible too. Give the important players a night off rather than put them on the bench. They will be mentally rested too then rather than still have to prepare incase they are needed

Nobody's speculated on whether Celtic are likely to field a weakened team too.
No chance. I think it's about £1.5m for a win. That's massive to them. Plus, they will likely have a simple game at the weekend anyway and are already 8 points cleared with 3 games in hand on their closest challengers

No chance. I think it's about £1.5m for a win. That's massive to them. Plus, they will likely have a simple game at the weekend anyway and are already 8 points cleared with 3 games in hand on their closest challengers

Yup. That sounds like a strong case for them to go for it. As well as the Scottish/English rivalry, of course.

García can't play, he's not in the squad. As for Tosin, well, I haven't seen much of him recently but if he's improved since pre-season then I would like to see him.

Great chance to rest players and give others opportunities. Celtic wont be half as energetic as they were when they had something to fight for.
I'd still expect a comfortable home win with:

Cabellero
Maffeo Stones Kolarov Clichy
Sane Garcia Fernando Angelino
Inheacho Nolito​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.