City v Celtic - Pre-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone offered me a 3-0 loss here and a 1-0 win against Leicester the next Saturday I'd probably take it.

Would like to see the following team:

Willy

Maffeo Sagna Adarabioyo Tasende

Fernando Delph

Navas Nolito Sane

Iheanacho

Keep all the bigger names away from this game.

Last edited:
For me they are all important. I dont like to see wholesale changes and in the past great teams play the most powerful team they can each week and drop just the most knackered or injured only. (And that was when there were even more games I think) It's about keeping the winning momentum going, something we need to do desperately imo... Too much up and down at the moment.

So for me, we should be playing full strength team each and every game and drop keep players, but there should be a substantial core who play week in and out and keep that winning feeling in the squad.

Gunn
Zabba Otamendi Stones Kolarov
----Silva Fernando Gundog
-----KDB Aguero Sterling

We win 7-0, next game is easier

We've got 7 fixtures in 28 days of December. 3 are massive games against the rest of the top 4.

I can't believe anyone would seriously suggest playing a full strength team in a dead rubber with everything else going on.

I see Tramazi's point BUT theres no way Id be playing anything near the strongest lineup. Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne and Fernandinho especially should spend the evening rugged up at home.

Gunn

Maffeo
Otamendi
Tosin
Angelino

Fernando
Delph
Diaz

Sané
Nacho
Nemane

For me they are all important. I dont like to see wholesale changes and in the past great teams play the most powerful team they can each week and drop just the most knackered or injured only. (And that was when there were even more games I think) It's about keeping the winning momentum going, something we need to do desperately imo... Too much up and down at the moment.

So for me, we should be playing full strength team each and every game and drop keep players, but there should be a substantial core who play week in and out and keep that winning feeling in the squad.

Gunn
Zabba Otamendi Stones Kolarov
----Silva Fernando Gundog
-----KDB Aguero Sterling

We win 7-0, next game is easier

In the past teams usually played a similar number of games as their main rivals. We will play between 10 and 17 games in the CL this season. Games that Chelsea and Liverpool will not be playing.

December and January last year saw us start to slide in the league, and we arguably never recovered, so rest as many as possible in this game before the festive period. Guardiola's never experienced anything like it, so his selection will be a good indication as to whether he's being advised properly and learning to adapt.

Barring any injuries tomorrow, I reckon we'll line-up something like this:

Caballero
Zabaleta
Stones
Adarabioyo
Clichy
Fernando
Gundogan
Silva
Navas
Sane
Iheanacho

I'd like to see more kids given a game, but each group stage win is worth £1.5m so I think we'll send out a reasonably strong side. Do group stage wins also help with your co-efficient?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.