City v Chelsea (fa cup. 5 th round ) post match thread

stony said:
Zolas Right Boot said:
bluemick1 said:
Chelsea were given a footballing lesson today.
As for their fans, that was probably their biggest game of the season, with possibly their biggest away following. They proved what a classless bunch of chavs they really are.

Yes mate we were made to look ordinary today. No problem, we leave the FA Cup earlier than in recent seasons, so we'll concentrate on the prem and the UCL only now.

Thought your lot played extremely well today. Silva was excellent again and Toure clealy up for it. We didn't show up, or weren't allowed to. Don't think we actually managed one shot on target, which was poor.

As for the biggest game of the season: nah! That was a couple of weeks ago in the league...! In terms of allocation: we have enough "tourists" to sell out what we're given. In this case 6200 ish. Surprised to see so many empty seats in your east and west stands, not like it was expensive.

KTBFFH!

The game sold out well in advance. Some season ticket holders don't bother turning up unless we're playing a big team.

haha. class.

Zolas Right Boot said:
bluemick1 said:
As for their fans, that was probably their biggest game of the season, with possibly their biggest away following. They proved what a classless bunch of chavs they really are.

Yes mate we were made to look ordinary today. No problem, we leave the FA Cup earlier than in recent seasons, so we'll concentrate on the prem and the UCL only now.

Thought your lot played extremely well today. Silva was excellent again and Toure clealy up for it. We didn't show up, or weren't allowed to. Don't think we actually managed one shot on target, which was poor.

As for the biggest game of the season: nah! That was a couple of weeks ago in the league...! In terms of allocation: we have enough "tourists" to sell out what we're given. In this case 6200 ish. Surprised to see so many empty seats in your east and west stands, not like it was expensive.

KTBFFH!

+1.(minus the empty seats remark)

Well Moaninho's little horse was a donkey today.
Pellegrini's tactical changes for the game totally nullified Chelsea who had the same side out except for Terry.
Garcia and Milner (both fully fit again) were the difference to the league game.
Milner had Hazard in his pocket for most of the game till Jimmy moved flank and Garcia was in the right place art the right time to break up Chelsea attacks through the centre.
Indeed, Garcia was MOTM for me - I've been critical of him in the past but he was brilliant today. I hope he starts against Barca if Fernandinho isn't fit - we will need a defensive display like that (as per Bayern away) against Barca.

Really starting to appreciate Pellegrini's quality as a manager.

I love him for getting us to play with the flair and style that our players are capable of, and for non-stop attacking football and for the way we keep trying to score right up to the very last minute, but today was brave, really brave. No changes to our style just because he/we could be facing a third loss to his most unpleasant and vocal rival and a team that had beaten us good and proper just a couple of games earlier.

He makes sure we play football our way and the right way, no matter what the pressure, the opposition or the occasion.

I also like that he doesn't get involved in all the verbal nonsense and retains dignity, class and focus. That is his style, but can you imagine how the press would have reacted had we lost? It would have been all about how he couldn't cope with Maureenho's mind games.

Pellegrini is starting to look like an absolutely inspired appointment.

Chelsea fans on the shed end forum are trying to convince each other that they threw the game so they can concentrate on winning the league.
Jesus fucking wept.

stony said:
Chelsea fans on the shed end forum are trying to convince each other that they threw the game so they can concentrate on winning the league.
Jesus fucking wept.

well they both like to support each other tbf

celticfc482 said:
TheThirdDeano said:
Serious Question: Have we actually had a full strength first team out this season?

Spurs at home I think.

I actually reckon our first choice team has both Aguero & Jovetic in it. As good as the Beast has been Jovetic
was the more expensive signing and is the better player. I'd say we haven't seen a full strength team yet.

Marvin said:
Zolas Right Boot said:
bluemick1 said:

KTBFFH!
There were more empty seats in the Upper Tier of your end. About 50 altogether. Don't know what the story was there. The empty seats you must refer to in the City end was the Director's/Hospitality Box? To your left?

This is just point-scoring. Compared to the other FA Cup games, great turnout from City and Chelsea.

Chelsea were very poor today. And every City player was right on their game. I think City's midweek postponement was a stroke of luck but not full story

In the recent League game, Chelsea were very good on the counter, but it also has to be said that City were missing a lot of players and players went into that game with injuries.

I know Chelsea are top, but City are a better team in my book. City lost a lot of early away points and have had a lot of injury problems eg Kompany, Aguero, Nasri, and Jovetic who has missed nearly all the season.

I think Mourinho should shut up. I am sure you find all is comments very entertaining but what good does it serve. Just motivates his opponents. He's a bit out of order with his comments about the ref Dowd today

Yeah big block of empty seats half way down on our left, but looked like lots of twos and threes dotted about. Maybe you northerners are rich enough to buy tickets and not show up for a small team.....we are, after all, the second biggest team in Fulham ;)

Mourinho is an enigma, after the other week I was beginning to believe the hype, tonight I am not so sure. I didn't really want him back cos last time he was scared to death of losing and it became frigging boring to watch week in, week out. The comments are sometimes funny, sometimes not. For sure it motivates the opposition - which is a risky strategy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.