CITY v Chelsea - OFFICIAL Match Thread

Robbie will play, thats why he was rested last night. Also Bellers cant really handle 2 games a week. We need to boss midfield if we possibly can, and stop Cashley. Simples

We can not go 4-4-2 against Chelsea, we would get overun in centre midfield.

My team would be:

----------------------Given---------------------
Richards--------Toure-----Lescott--------Bridge
---------------------DE JONG-----------------
-------------Ireland---------Barry-------------
SWP-------------------------------------Robbie
----------------------Ade----------------------

Result: 2-2

City......(Robbie, Ireland)
Chelsea (Drogba, Lampard)

Danamy said:
We can not go 4-4-2 against Chelsea, we would get overun in centre midfield.

My team would be:

Result: 2-2

City......(Robbie, Ireland)
Chelsea (Drogba, Lampard)

I like the idea of this line up but I get the feeling it doesn't quite tick with Steve and Gareth. I would put Johno in for Barry. I know it's a big ask but I think we would be stuck on the back foot without two midfield outlet players.

Then again I'm not the manager.

Chelsea have three main areas in which they can hurt you.

1. The wingbacks (Cole and Boswinga) overlap and get forward as much as they can. We need to be wary and for this reason, we shouls stick with SWP and Bellamy on the wings to track back and cover. Would also like to try Ned at RB for added pace.

2. The physical strenght of their midfield. Essien, Ballack, and Lampard are all a big pressence in their and can mix it up aswell as they can play it. We need the three men in their to try and make sure they dont overun us. I would even add Kompany in the three man midfield for protection and height.

3. Drogba. Not alot you can do to stop him, but we need someone big and physical to effectively try and mark him out of the game. Let Drogba turn and you are in trouble.

So.... my team:

----------------------------------GIVEN-------------------------------------

---ONOUHA-----------TOURE-----------------LESCOTT----------BRIDGE------

--------------------------DE JONG-------KOMPANY--------------------------

----SWP------------------------IRELAND-------------------------BELLAMY--

------------------------------ADABAYOR------------------------------------

THIS

anyone remember the game vs chelski where ned played a blinder till hurting his shoulder/arm and having to come off.....???

I cannt remember who was upfront in that game but whoever it was ned had him in his pocket.......

if there is one player who can cope with the power and pace of drogba in the city back line then it is Ned.......Im not saying that he will definately stop him but he has a good a chance as anyone else we have

my back four would be:

richards----ned----toure------ lescott

and thats no criticsm of bridge who i think has been playing ok last couple of games but it think we have the pace and power in that back 4 to cope better

in midfield it has to be swp ont he right

dejong has to come back into the holding midfielders role
and bellamy on the left if he is fit.

after that then there are some serius choices......robbie could play behind ade if you play another holding midfielder (ie kompany ) next to de jong. Ireland could (as could tevez) play behind ade and he will defend from the front as well (as would tevez....but i think ireland is better at it)
Id like to see ireland and dejong next to each other with robbie behind ade but for the chelski game this just is not enough to cope with essien

i cannt see anything but a chelski win but as lon as we give a good account of ourselves then i wont mind. We are just nowehere near chelski in terms of our development yet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.