CITY v Chelsea - OFFICIAL Match Thread

its part squad part tactics this. i would add more weightage to tactics and less on formation.

not sure if these are accurate but as i can recall, chelski tend to have this pattern of play at some point of their game.

drogba will put our backfour on his back and turn
drogba will fancy shots from several yards outside the box early on.
anelka will play edge of sidelines to overlap bosingwa and cashley
anelka will slow down or feint with the ball before he does his sprint+pass
joe cole will muscle his way through
essien will look to link up play with BFFL and anelka

weakest link in the chelsea back four is one that we need to capitalise on, bosingwa is slower in backtracking than cashley. terry is slow with offside trap. get two players level ade/ rob for a through pass and theres a chance of a YC card against terry and a freekick for us. very hard to find a weak link. the weak link is the window when two defenders trample each other's zone. need to have someone on the ready for open space, Tevez.

cech is a tad bad with bouncing balls. and doesnt command his back four. catch him when he thinks his backfour has it covered.

.................Given.................
Richards...Toure...Lescott...Bridge
SWP......NDJ......Barry......Robinho
..........Tevez....Adebayor...........

Subs: Onuoha, Zabaleta, Johnson, Taylor, RSC, Petrov, Kompany.

City 2 (SWP, Bridge) Chelsea 3 (Drogba 2, Anelka).

Rammyblues wrote:
For me we will need two defensive midfield players and with Ireland SWP and Bellamy all doubts have to say it would

Given
Richards
Toure
Lescott

De Jong
Barry
Kompany
Robinho

Tevez
Ade

I think MH will set out his stall not to lose the game rather than win it irrespective it will be eight draws on the bounce.

It'll be hard enough with 11 on the pitch let alone 10? ;)

Cheers people its been a long week at work ommitted Bridge.

-------------Given-------------
Richards--Toure--Lescott--Bridge
------de Jong------Barry--------
SWP---------Tevez-------Robbie
--------------Ade--------------

PowderBlue said:
pee dubyas crayons said:
This is the team I think could beat Chelsea:

-------------Given

--Richards---Toure--Lescott--Bridge--
---De Jong-----------Barry----------
-------------Robinho-----------------
--Weiss------Adebayor----Bellamy---

Subs:

Ireland
SWP
Tevez
Kompany
Santa
Petrov
etc.

robinho in a creative free role, Bellamy to rattle them and Weiss with something to prove

Problem is Hughes will never play this team.

Cashley will tear us to threads on their left unfortunately - i would look to change to this in the last quarter when they tire a bit and there is a bit more space. perhaps more importantly when SWP tires but it seems MH likes to run him into the ground every game.

I disagree, I think Cashley will have his hands full with Weiss and as a result not be as effective going forward himself,

whereas he knows how SWP plays and knows his weaknesses (they were at chelsea together for years and must have played opposite each other first team vs reserves on loads of occasions)

In Weiss we have potentially the most exciting player in the league, he just needs a couple of games in the first team.

I think we should play kompany in midfield with dejong in front of the back four with stevie ireland just in front.
And then try to hit them on the break because if we go with a 2 man midfield we will get walked all over.A
dont think people realise how good chelsea are until you see them in the flesh and for me if you dont dissrupt
that midfeild of theres then you are gonna struggle.A remeber when we beat them at home and sun jihai was having
a blinder playing as a holding midfeild player until he went of injured

Big Mals Cigar said:
I think we should play kompany in midfield with dejong in front of the back four with stevie ireland just in front.
And then try to hit them on the break because if we go with a 2 man midfield we will get walked all over.A
dont think people realise how good chelsea are until you see them in the flesh and for me if you dont dissrupt
that midfeild of theres then you are gonna struggle.A remeber when we beat them at home and sun jihai was having
a blinder playing as a holding midfeild player until he went of injured

Ireland and Bellemy are injured

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.