CITY v Chelsea - OFFICIAL Match Thread

Whilst the wing-back argument is undoubtedly true when Cole and Bosingwa are playing, Bosingwa isn't playing at the moment as he's injured. Ivanovic is their Right Back at present, and he's more of a traditional defender than a wing-back.

If we can keep Cole quiet (which means SWP hammering at him to make him concentrate on defending rather than getting forward) we will nullify an important aspect of their attack.

I think we need 4-3-3 for this one, as we'd be swamped in midfield with a 4-4-2. I'd play:

GK - Given
RB - Richards
CB - Toure
CB - Lescott
LB - Bridge
RM - SWP
CM - de Jong
LM - Ireland/Barry
RF - Tevez
CF - Adebayor
LF - Robinho

I think the fact that de Jong and Robbie were rested on Wednesday means they'll start, and be nice and fresh from havin not played that game. I also think Bellers starting against Arsenal means he's unlikely to do so again tomorrow, as Hughes is always banging on about the fact that he can't make 2 games in a week.

We need to play Tevez to exploit the fact that his confidence is high after a patchy start at the Club.

The only position I'm not sure about is the left of the midfield three. Barry is more suited to it being naturally left footed, but Ireland is good with both feet, and is playing well at the moment - which Barry isn't.

This is going to be a tough game though, and we need to look a fook sight better organised than we have in the league recently if we're to avoid getting a beating from this lot.

This is the team I think could beat Chelsea:

-------------Given

--Richards---Toure--Lescott--Bridge--
---De Jong-----------Barry----------
-------------Robinho-----------------
--Weiss------Adebayor----Bellamy---

Subs:

Ireland
SWP
Tevez
Kompany
Santa
Petrov
etc.

robinho in a creative free role, Bellamy to rattle them and Weiss with something to prove

Problem is Hughes will never play this team.

pee dubyas crayons said:
This is the team I think could beat Chelsea:

-------------Given

--Richards---Toure--Lescott--Bridge--
---De Jong-----------Barry----------
-------------Robinho-----------------
--Weiss------Adebayor----Bellamy---

Subs:

Ireland
SWP
Tevez
Kompany
Santa
Petrov
etc.

robinho in a creative free role, Bellamy to rattle them and Weiss with something to prove

Problem is Hughes will never play this team.

Cashley will tear us to threads on their left unfortunately - i would look to change to this in the last quarter when they tire a bit and there is a bit more space. perhaps more importantly when SWP tires but it seems MH likes to run him into the ground every game.

simon23 said:
anyone remember the game vs chelski where ned played a blinder till hurting his shoulder/arm and having to come off.....???

I cannt remember who was upfront in that game but whoever it was ned had him in his pocket.......

if there is one player who can cope with the power and pace of drogba in the city back line then it is Ned.......Im not saying that he will definately stop him but he has a good a chance as anyone else we have

my back four would be:

richards----ned----toure------ lescott

and thats no criticsm of bridge who i think has been playing ok last couple of games but it think we have the pace and power in that back 4 to cope better

in midfield it has to be swp ont he right

dejong has to come back into the holding midfielders role
and bellamy on the left if he is fit.

after that then there are some serius choices......robbie could play behind ade if you play another holding midfielder (ie kompany ) next to de jong. Ireland could (as could tevez) play behind ade and he will defend from the front as well (as would tevez....but i think ireland is better at it)
Id like to see ireland and dejong next to each other with robbie behind ade but for the chelski game this just is not enough to cope with essien

i cannt see anything but a chelski win but as lon as we give a good account of ourselves then i wont mind. We are just nowehere near chelski in terms of our development yet

Really - I can't see Hughes unsettling the back 4 - one thing I know - injuries aside we will start with the same back 5 as against Arsenal
I think you can add De Jong in front of the back 4 also

there is a reason why MH would never play that team vs chelski and thats because it would get hammered.....

why weiss instead of swp?

no way are ireland and dejong capable of holding essien and lampard and or ballack

and as much as i would like to see robbie in the free role behind ade.....this is not the game to try it in........that position requires a lot of tracking back and defending from the front against the likes of chelski and robbie isnt that type of player where as ireland or tevez.....I know attack is a good form of defence but that is a suicidal team with weiss and robbie in those positions

How many times have we seen Chelsea slip up or let the other team (some poorer then us) get back into the game?

Alot.

We can win this, I know it.

Come on City!

im really confident, and i usually air on the side of caution against any team, but im really really confident, dont no why i dont have any reason for my confidence, i can just see us doing them.

For me we will need two defensive midfield players and with Ireland SWP and Bellamy all doubts have to say it would

Given
Richards
Toure
Lescott

De Jong
Barry
Kompany
Robinho

Tevez
Ade

I think MH will set out his stall not to lose the game rather than win it irrespective it will be eight draws on the bounce.

Rammyblues said:
For me we will need two defensive midfield players and with Ireland SWP and Bellamy all doubts have to say it would

Given
Richards
Toure
Lescott

De Jong
Barry
Kompany
Robinho

Tevez
Ade

I think MH will set out his stall not to lose the game rather than win it irrespective it will be eight draws on the bounce.

It'll be hard enough with 11 on the pitch let alone 10? ;)

Danamy said:
Rammyblues said:

Given
Richards
Toure
Lescott

De Jong
Barry
Kompany
Robinho

Tevez
Ade

It'll be hard enough with 11 on the pitch let alone 10? ;)

Well spotted! PMSL

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.