CITY v Chelsea - Official Match Thread

had to go and take care of a hard on after that performance... very impressed that we basically nullified all of their attack... not one really worrying moment... and yet we created some good ones ourselves... what a fantastic goal by Tevez... what a brilliant performance of the whole team... and damn our defence is rock solid!!!

True team performance today, absolutely fantastic. Kompany is fast becoming one of the most accomplished defenders in the league.

If we can play at this tempo and ferocity against the lesser teams in this league then we will win a lot of games this season.

Brilliant. In such a good mood now, just need West Ham to get their first win and it'l be a near perfect day.

Sinclairs here i come!

The best defensive performance from any City side that ive ever seen. Defending is not all about last ditch tackling, its about stopping world class players like Drogba, Malouda and Essien from getting a sniff/foothold in the game.

Id go as far to say that Kompany could well become one of our best center backs ever, and the form of Toure is very very promising.

Defended from the front, and took our chance; MAGNIFICENT.

Superb today , as lots have already said though, we need to do this every week

...and suddenly the table tightens at the top.

Let this be a lesson to all of us. Don't get too low. Don't get too high. There is a long way to go in this season and the story has only seen a first few pages written. On we march into brighter and better days under a BLUE sky.

Funny how Chelsea looked so human once they found themselves on a pitch where a real defence awaited. Also, am I the only one who felt that they almost completely LOST THE PLOT once Tevez scored?

John Terry's a nonce.

What a wonderful way to start a Saturday!

CTID!!!

I called 1-0 and De Jong to be our man. He was indeed but he didn't shine above the rest too much as it was an all round great team performance!

I hope we can take this form into Thursday and leave Juventus with a long trip home to Italy. We can really kick on our season from here today! CTID

P.s. Kompany be my dad

We were awesome today, kept Malouda and Drogba completely out of the game. We just need to improve in set-pieces, especially against players like Ivanovic.

Overall, we were rock solid in defense, electrifying on the counter-attack. Applause to the team effort. We will become Chelsea's bogey team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.