City v Chelsea Post Match Discussion

Prestwich_Blue said:
Project said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Mancini got this one right for a change. Back to the 4-2-3-1 that won us the title and playing Yaya where he's most dangerous, at the base of the 3. Garcia and Rodwell did a fine job, Rodwell particularly getting forward into dangerous positions, which Barry doesn't do enough for me. The only thing I didn't like was Aguero being too far on the left, which hampers us in the first half as he was on the ball when he should have been in the box. Neither Silva or Milner are natural predators and tend to fall back to the area just outside the box, leaving us short of targets in the danger area so Luiz and Cahill could defend the ball rather than having to pick up a man. Tevez coming on made it harder for Chelsea in that respect.

Wait, what? We did not win the title with this formation. We nearly always played two up front last year with Yaya and Barry as the sitting two.

If you recall the Yaya as the AM set up was what we deployed the season before when we came third and lifted the FA Cup (and when needing a goal last year)
I don't agree. When we started with Aguero and Tevez the latter would usually play behind Aguero as one of the midfield three to start off with. Then De Jong would come on to replace one of the midfielders allowing Yaya to go forward.
It's why having Barry, Garcia, and Rodwell (although I'm still a bit shaky on that whole setup) works in a sense. Now we can just start Yaya in an advanced role instead of having to do it later in the game.

I thought Mancini got it spot on with the team. Chelsea had Mikel as DM, and along with Lampard, who had to play out of position, the "lightwieghts" Ramires, Hazard and Mata. The one thing you don't want is to let Chelsea outnumber you in midfield and get on the ball or they'll pass it round and they move well: they'll do some damage. Garcia, Ya Ya, James Milner and Jack Rodwell brought an energy, combativeness in the tackle and running power that the Chelsea lads couldn't cope with in those areas the Chelsea lads are strong in. We were nout outnumbered in our deeper areas apart from one break - and then it was Ivanovic on the ball, not Hazard. Ivanovic played it to Ramires far too early and Kolo effectively snuffed out the danger. In forwrda areas David and James were able to feed Sergio whose movement was superb all afternoon (as distinct from his finishing). Roberto THEN brought Carlos on to operate much further forward when we had really won the midfield battle. I can only remember two Chelsea shots on goal in the whole 90 minutes.

woahmark said:
Good performance against a poor Chelsea side. Rodwell played well, eager to help out in attack and Garcia played pretty well too. He did the simple things well and made more accurate tackles than he has in previous games.

Everyone played decently. Good healthy 7 point lead. Feel sorry for Scott Sinclair, if Milner wasn't playing so well, he'd have that right mid spot.

Please do one with this 'poor chelsea side' crap.. they were poor cos we made them so by playing so well.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I thought Mancini got it spot on with the team. Chelsea had Mikel as DM, and along with Lampard, who had to play out of position, the "lightwieghts" Ramires, Hazard and Mata. The one thing you don't want is to let Chelsea outnumber you in midfield and get on the ball or they'll pass it round and they move well: they'll do some damage. Garcia, Ya Ya, James Milner and Jack Rodwell brought an energy, combativeness in the tackle and running power that the Chelsea lads couldn't cope with in those areas the Chelsea lads are strong in. We were nout outnumbered in our deeper areas apart from one break - and then it was Ivanovic on the ball, not Hazard. Ivanovic played it to Ramires far too early and Kolo effectively snuffed out the danger. In forwrda areas David and James were able to feed Sergio whose movement was superb all afternoon (as distinct from his finishing). Roberto THEN brought Carlos on to operate much further forward when we had really won the midfield battle. I can only remember two Chelsea shots on goal in the whole 90 minutes.

Tactical masterclass from Bobby - which happens far more often than he gets credit for.

Sky Blue said:
mammutly said:
Ducado said:
He is history

^ example of top quality moderating.

4 years too late mind ;)

Nose like a bloodhound you.. ;)<br /><br />-- Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:44 pm --<br /><br />
harry the plumber said:
Ducado said:
AustinBlue said:
Great performance... but I can't help wondering how much of our superiority was due to Chelsea's midweek game. They looked like they were running in treacle.
so you are saying we did not play well and we only won because Chelsea were poor? We have some strange fans on here

No.
What we have are some fans who are a little bit reluctant to admit Roberto might have got it right.

Spot on harry.. It also seems that Bobs previous open criticism of Hart has worked wonders...

samharris said:
Sky Blue said:
mammutly said:
^ example of top quality moderating.

4 years too late mind ;)

Nose like a bloodhound you.. ;)

-- Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:44 pm --

harry the plumber said:
Ducado said:
so you are saying we did not play well and we only won because Chelsea were poor? We have some strange fans on here

No.
What we have are some fans who are a little bit reluctant to admit Roberto might have got it right.

Spot on harry.. It also seems that Bobs previous open criticism of Hart has worked wonders...
Hart deserved the criticism, but i'm not sure it's 100% worked yet. If Joe was right on his game, Chelsea would not have got the penalty in the first place. When Ivanovic lumped that long pass i thought "that's keeper's" and immediately glanced at Hart, expecting to see him advancing to the edge of his box to snuff out the danger. He stayed rooted to the spot until the very last moment. He was totally at fault. Mancini also mentioned this after the game. Amazing penalty save, but he should never have had to make it.

Tricky_Trev said:
samharris said:
Sky Blue said:
4 years too late mind ;)

harry the plumber said:
No.

Hart deserved the criticism, but i'm not sure it's 100% worked yet. If Joe was right on his game, Chelsea would not have got the penalty in the first place. When Ivanovic lumped that long pass i thought "that's keeper's" and immediately glanced at Hart, expecting to see him advancing to the edge of his box to snuff out the danger. He stayed rooted to the spot until the very last moment. He was totally at fault. Mancini also mentioned this after the game. Amazing penalty save, but he should never have had to make it.

I think thats a bit harsh.
The ball dropped to within half a yard of Ba on the edge of the d.
How the hell is Joe supposed to come for a ball that drops outside of the area?

harry the plumber said:
Tricky_Trev said:
samharris said:

I think thats a bit harsh.
The ball dropped to within half a yard of Ba on the edge of the d.
How the hell is Joe supposed to come for a ball that drops outside of the area?

Not to mention, it should NOT even have been a penalty! Demba Ba 'bought' the penalty by diving.

Tricky_Trev said:
samharris said:
Sky Blue said:
4 years too late mind ;)

harry the plumber said:
No.

Well it certainly didnt hurt him bud.

Tricky_Trev said:
samharris said:
Sky Blue said:
4 years too late mind ;)

harry the plumber said:
No.

They way they were playing, he just wanted to get involved in the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.