City v Chelsea Post Match Discussion

NQCitizen said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I thought Mancini got it spot on with the team. Chelsea had Mikel as DM, and along with Lampard, who had to play out of position, the "lightwieghts" Ramires, Hazard and Mata. The one thing you don't want is to let Chelsea outnumber you in midfield and get on the ball or they'll pass it round and they move well: they'll do some damage. Garcia, Ya Ya, James Milner and Jack Rodwell brought an energy, combativeness in the tackle and running power that the Chelsea lads couldn't cope with in those areas the Chelsea lads are strong in. We were nout outnumbered in our deeper areas apart from one break - and then it was Ivanovic on the ball, not Hazard. Ivanovic played it to Ramires far too early and Kolo effectively snuffed out the danger. In forwrda areas David and James were able to feed Sergio whose movement was superb all afternoon (as distinct from his finishing). Roberto THEN brought Carlos on to operate much further forward when we had really won the midfield battle. I can only remember two Chelsea shots on goal in the whole 90 minutes.

Tactical masterclass from Bobby - which happens far more often than he gets credit for.

Only theeees!!

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I thought Mancini got it spot on with the team. Chelsea had Mikel as DM, and along with Lampard, who had to play out of position, the "lightwieghts" Ramires, Hazard and Mata. The one thing you don't want is to let Chelsea outnumber you in midfield and get on the ball or they'll pass it round and they move well: they'll do some damage. Garcia, Ya Ya, James Milner and Jack Rodwell brought an energy, combativeness in the tackle and running power that the Chelsea lads couldn't cope with in those areas the Chelsea lads are strong in. We were nout outnumbered in our deeper areas apart from one break - and then it was Ivanovic on the ball, not Hazard. Ivanovic played it to Ramires far too early and Kolo effectively snuffed out the danger. In forwrda areas David and James were able to feed Sergio whose movement was superb all afternoon (as distinct from his finishing). Roberto THEN brought Carlos on to operate much further forward when we had really won the midfield battle. I can only remember two Chelsea shots on goal in the whole 90 minutes.

I agree but don't think the Tevez sub made us more effective. We were just incredibly dominant until the Rodwell sub, then just pretty damn dominant with the 2nd striker on. In all cases having Yaya forward was a huge boon to our creativity, but for some reason we were better with only one striker.

samharris said:
woahmark said:
Good performance against a poor Chelsea side. Rodwell played well, eager to help out in attack and Garcia played pretty well too. He did the simple things well and made more accurate tackles than he has in previous games.

Everyone played decently. Good healthy 7 point lead. Feel sorry for Scott Sinclair, if Milner wasn't playing so well, he'd have that right mid spot.

Please do one with this 'poor chelsea side' crap.. they were poor cos we made them so by playing so well.

Sinclair right midfield ??

samharris said:
Please do one with this 'poor chelsea side' crap.. they were poor cos we made them so by playing so well.

They weren't playing their best - they were poor in some parts of the game. City played extremely well though.

stonerblue said:
Sinclair right midfield ??

Yes. He can play there, I'm pretty sure he'll take any attacking spot on the team - he just wants to play! :-)

Great performence from City on Sunday.The only person who gave Chelsea a chance was Marriner.Special praise for Garcia that was quality from him.

Watching the highlights again , i wondered at the time what cole said that riled Joe so at the end , but now reckon he said something like ''you should've been sent off", which is plainly bollox, as Joe rightly gesticulates- he(Ba) was heading towards corner flag and then points to Ba. Cole really is a lippy twat when he wants to be and joe was spot on with his defence to the comment.

-- Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:33 am --

plus it was debatable whether it was a pen in the first place.

As good a player as Mata unquestionably is, David Silva showed why he's first choice for the World and European champions.

ClaudioDeyna said:
As good a player as Mata unquestionably is, David Silva showed why he's first choice for the World and European champions.

Yes. The Chelsea midfield is very skilful, but not only are they not big enough to take on our lads, they're not as effective either. Silva ia, for me (no bias obviously) clearly the most skilful and imaginative, they have no-one to compete with Ya Ya's array of skills, James Milne played more defence splitting passes than any of their lads and both Garcia and Rodwell provided aspects of the game that no Chelsea player could compete with. I know Roberto wanted Hazard, but he can be strangely anonymous in some games where he isn't allowed good service and space and in three games against us this season he hasn't shown. In truth Mata has really struggled against us too.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
ClaudioDeyna said:

Yes. The Chelsea midfield is very skilful, but not only are they not big enough to take on our lads, they're not as effective either. Silva ia, for me (no bias obviously) clearly the most skilful and imaginative, they have no-one to compete with Ya Ya's array of skills, James Milne played more defence splitting passes than any of their lads and both Garcia and Rodwell provided aspects of the game that no Chelsea player could compete with. I know Roberto wanted Hazard, but he can be strangely anonymous in some games where he isn't allowed good service and space and in three games against us this season he hasn't shown. In truth Mata has really struggled against us too.
I think if we had either of those players in our rotation with Silva and Yaya and Milner and our deeper midfielders, we would see them performing much better against the better competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.