City v Chelsea Post Match Discussion

Castiel said:
You outplayed us and deserved the win. Rafa got it tactically wrong (huge surprise) and your team may have been fresher but your players were clearly just much more up for it. I thought we deserved at least a goal though. Tevez continues his run against us!

found it peculiar that you took Hazard and Lampard off to then 10 minutes later put Torres on, would have made sense to hook off the useless Ramires & Mikel and give Oscar and Torres at least some time on the pitch with other attacking players to try and get you back into it.

Castiel said:
You outplayed us and deserved the win. Rafa got it tactically wrong (huge surprise) and your team may have been fresher but your players were clearly just much more up for it. I thought we deserved at least a goal though. Tevez continues his run against us!
I thought we were well worth the win.

I've just been reading Cahill's comments

"I had way too much (to do). Normally, at a big club, you probably get asked to do three or four important things in a game but we probably had 20 or 25. Unfortunately, if you keep getting asked the question, ultimately there's going to be a goal. I felt they were on top of us for most of the game. They just kept coming at us and coming at us. You defend one and defend two but, sooner or later, one is going to go in and that's what happened. We didn't really create many chances. We had to defend as a team a lot and we paid the price in the end.
I thought your best 2 players were Cahill and Ba but as a whole your team disappointed. I agree Benitez was over-cautious and you looked tired as a team. Cahill's comments more or less confirm that.

harry the plumber said:
AustinBlue said:
harry the plumber said:
They looked incapable because we made them look that way.
Chelsea are the champs of Europe,and i don`t think having to play for 90 mins on Thursday had any bearing on yesterdays result.

How does being champions of Europe make them immune to being tired on three days rest relative to the champions of England who got a week's rest?
Because they are used to playing 2 games every 3 or 4 days.
If teams who have a weeks rest are going to have such an edge on teams who have played 3 days before. How come the premier league is always won by teams who are also involved in a Euro competition.?

Always? Like 2012?

AustinBlue said:
harry the plumber said:
AustinBlue said:
That's not fair. I think Roberto got this game exactly right. I just think that any team that has given us problems has pressed us and Chelsea looked incapable.

They looked incapable because we made them look that way.
Chelsea are the champs of Europe,and i don`t think having to play for 90 mins on Thursday had any bearing on yesterdays result.

How does being champions of Europe make them immune to being tired on three days rest relative to the champions of England who got a week's rest?

Half of their starting 11 (6 players) didn't play midweek. Add Cech to that and you have only Mikel, Mata, Ramires and Cahill who would have been 'tired.' Considering Cahill was their best player on the day, that argument doesn't hold much weight. We outplayed them and Mancini got our tactics spot on, simple as that.

Cahill has a point though.. just checked his claims and indeed, since 15.09. the longest period without games for them was 5 days. Add 3-4 internationals to that.

It is indeed ridiculous schedule and even if you have a squad to try to deal with it, it's not an easy stuff. It's almost like NBA schedule.

There's too much football these days in England, 2 domestic cups don't help.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Mancini got this one right for a change. Back to the 4-2-3-1 that won us the title and playing Yaya where he's most dangerous, at the base of the 3. Garcia and Rodwell did a fine job, Rodwell particularly getting forward into dangerous positions, which Barry doesn't do enough for me. The only thing I didn't like was Aguero being too far on the left, which hampers us in the first half as he was on the ball when he should have been in the box. Neither Silva or Milner are natural predators and tend to fall back to the area just outside the box, leaving us short of targets in the danger area so Luiz and Cahill could defend the ball rather than having to pick up a man. Tevez coming on made it harder for Chelsea in that respect.

Wait, what? We did not win the title with this formation. We nearly always played two up front last year with Yaya and Barry as the sitting two.

If you recall the Yaya as the AM set up was what we deployed the season before when we came third and lifted the FA Cup (and when needing a goal last year)

cleavers said:
I thought Chelsea played very well first half, they played on the break, but we were better, and we defended well too.

Chelsea Shots = 4
Chelsea Shots on Target = 1

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/matches/2012-2013/epl.match-stats.html/man-city-vs-chelsea" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matc ... vs-chelsea</a>

If that isn't shit by Chelsea standards, I don't know what shit is.

-- Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:01 am --

CaliforniaBlue said:
Great strike from Tevez who, let's be honest, had f**ked up every time he'd touched the ball before that and was wandering around doing bugger all whenever Chelsea had the ball. So let's not start the "Tevez should start every game" crap.

Defensive midfielders are good. But not in the strikers position.

Project said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Mancini got this one right for a change. Back to the 4-2-3-1 that won us the title and playing Yaya where he's most dangerous, at the base of the 3. Garcia and Rodwell did a fine job, Rodwell particularly getting forward into dangerous positions, which Barry doesn't do enough for me. The only thing I didn't like was Aguero being too far on the left, which hampers us in the first half as he was on the ball when he should have been in the box. Neither Silva or Milner are natural predators and tend to fall back to the area just outside the box, leaving us short of targets in the danger area so Luiz and Cahill could defend the ball rather than having to pick up a man. Tevez coming on made it harder for Chelsea in that respect.

Wait, what? We did not win the title with this formation. We nearly always played two up front last year with Yaya and Barry as the sitting two.

If you recall the Yaya as the AM set up was what we deployed the season before when we came third and lifted the FA Cup (and when needing a goal last year)
Shhhhhhhhhhhh, Mancini got it right............for a change.

Project said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

I don't agree. When we started with Aguero and Tevez the latter would usually play behind Aguero as one of the midfield three to start off with. Then De Jong would come on to replace one of the midfielders allowing Yaya to go forward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.