City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

city 'til i cry said:
Milner only had one day of training so wasn't risked.

Should not have been on the bench if he can't play for the last 10 minutes even.

MillionDollarDream said:
Nastasić should be loaned out next season and we keep Lescott for another year. how many fouls has Nas given in dangerous areas this season? Should of had a red today. He's regressed the most this season.

He certainly hasn't lived up to that great season he had but it was always a bit much to think he would. After all he is still a kid really and has much to learn in a very hard position to play.

Champions again in 2012 said:
strongbowholic said:
Jose and Chelsea executed their game plan to perfection. No complaints at all about the result and they could have won by more. Luiz surprisingly had a very good game and Ramires was exceptional.

Oh well, first defeat at home; draw a line under it and move on.

This

That....and the other

city 'til i cry said:
Milner only had one day of training so wasn't risked.

First time we've resorted to the long ball tonight that's not our game and we got drawn into it against the best central defence in the league. A lesson learned before the cup game hopefully.
That's a relief, as the midfield was crying out for his presence.

Chippy_boy said:
bluemoonste said:
Proelia said:
People think milners a great cm now? Theres a reason RM,MP and woy dont play him there

Milners best position is CM. He's not a winger

It used to be, I am not sure now. But at his best, he was NEVER a holding mid. Him and Yaya on their own would not have worked. But why we could not or would not play MDM behind Yaya and Milner in a midfield 3, I have no fucking idea.

One excellent season at Villa as a CM. Mancini didn't fancy him there, Pellers doesn't, a succession of England managers haven't. It's unlikely that they're all wrong.

Champions again in 2012 said:
strongbowholic said:
Jose and Chelsea executed their game plan to perfection. No complaints at all about the result and they could have won by more. Luiz surprisingly had a very good game and Ramires was exceptional.

Oh well, first defeat at home; draw a line under it and move on.

This
Exactly. He had the personnel available to execute those tactics. We didn't have that luxury tonight.

Best team won and Mourinho knows how to set up a team to win the League.

I think we may win one or two cup competitions but I think we will fall short in the league as our defence is erratic at best.

Injuries are beginning to bite but Jovetic looked good when he came on lets hope he stays fit a win at Norwich is a must.

Just back from the game, best team won, Willian and Hazard owned us today.

Makes me laugh when people say we have the best squad. The chavs midfield is very strong, and really we need to set that as a benchmark for ourselves. The energy of Willian and the skill of Hazard was the difference. We certainly need to suss out how to play Hazard or we wont be going too far in the FA cup. For me Zabba is one of the best right backs in Europe at the moment, and Hazard tore him a new one.

Chelsea man-marked our full-backs and pushed up whenever Hart had the ball meaning he had no option but to punt it.

They had the balls to push Ivanovic high up and further loaded our weaker side with Hazard and Willian too fully exploiting a problem area for us.

And they kept a very compact shape but burst out with speed on the break, their energy and concentration never dipping.

In short Mourinho once again out-thought his old adversary and they thoroughly out-played us. No complaints from me whatsoever, just an all-encompassing gloom that will lift in the morning.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.