City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

Having read the thread just got back. Chelsea were brilliant and deserved the win but lets be honest, they only won that coz of the injuries we've had. That was basically their first 11 against us with 3 first teamers out and a centre back in midfield. Imagine them without Hazard, Willian and one other against our first team and the game wouldn't even be close. Well done though to Chelsea they were magnificent on the night. Wrong tactics by Pellegrini again needed to put 3 in the middle but he does seem very shy at changing during the game.

Re: We had to Lose Sometime

Agreed we were due a defeat, and Chelsea were very good against us tonight. We missed our injured players big time and it showed our squad strength is not what everyone spouts on about, especially in midfield.

Let's hope we can go on another run which is the perfect time to do so, on a brighter note maybe a few managers watching tonight will think it is the way to play and beat us which when we play well will suit us. We had the opportunities tonight and did not take them, that does not happen very often.

St Ives blue said:
MaineDAWG2008 said:
This goes to all u thickos who believed we would beat them 3-1 and other scores put on here. Dumb asses. U dont know f@@k all about football cocky twats!

What an absolute cock!

After beating Spurs 6-0, Arsenal 6-3 and United 4-1 at home it was entirely feasible that we could beat Chelsea 3-1.

Just out of interest, and as you know everything about football, what was your score prediction?
And if Maureen was the tactical god that some people make him out to be, there's a massive hole in their logic. Why the fook isn't he above us in the league? Or does he just choose to do it when he feels like it?

Davs 19 said:
Chippy_boy said:
bluemoonste said:
Milners best position is CM. He's not a winger

It used to be, I am not sure now. But at his best, he was NEVER a holding mid. Him and Yaya on their own would not have worked. But why we could not or would not play MDM behind Yaya and Milner in a midfield 3, I have no fucking idea.

One excellent season at Villa as a CM. Mancini didn't fancy him there, Pellers doesn't, a succession of England managers haven't. It's unlikely that they're all wrong.

So u think if fit he wud have been worse than MDM ?<br /><br />-- Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:15 pm --<br /><br />
Davs 19 said:
Chippy_boy said:
bluemoonste said:
Milners best position is CM. He's not a winger

It used to be, I am not sure now. But at his best, he was NEVER a holding mid. Him and Yaya on their own would not have worked. But why we could not or would not play MDM behind Yaya and Milner in a midfield 3, I have no fucking idea.

One excellent season at Villa as a CM. Mancini didn't fancy him there, Pellers doesn't, a succession of England managers haven't. It's unlikely that they're all wrong.

So u think if fit he wud have been worse than MDM ?

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
We were 2nd best after the first 10/15 minutes. We had 2 good chances and had they gone in, who knows.
Chelsea pressed and harried us and in return we let them bully us instead of going tit for tat. Our passing
and decision making was way off tonight but wasn't helped by the front 2 being nowhere. We had no outlet.
Saying that it's not the end of the world an only 12 days to put it right.

Tend to agree
Lots wrong on the night but the thing that worried me most was Negredo..
... he just didn't look like he wanted to be there. Normally bustling , enterprising and aggressive, he looked almost scared of physical contact. I'm sure that shoulder isn't sorted. He should not have been out there tonight.

That said, I think that we can pick up after this bad night and kick on against Delia's Canaries

First and foremost I'm not a Mouriniho fan by any stretch of the imagination, in fact I detest the man and all he stands for, he is quite simply posionous, but tonight he out thought Pelligrini and Pelligrini had no answer. Sure we had injuries to three key players but the tactics were all wrong, we were quite simply dominated in midfield, the movement up front was non existent. When is Pellers gonna realise that the Beast and Dzeko don't go together. the only plus from tonight was Jovetic. Another question what's up with Milner? Still all's not lost it just become a lot harder. Ps Mike Dean was awful.

St Ives blue said:
MaineDAWG2008 said:
This goes to all u thickos who believed we would beat them 3-1 and other scores put on here. Dumb asses. U dont know f@@k all about football cocky twats!

What an absolute cock!

After beating Spurs 6-0, Arsenal 6-3 and United 4-1 at home it was entirely feasible that we could beat Chelsea 3-1.

Just out of interest, and as you know everything about football, what was your score prediction?

I have to agree with you. With a full team we could have beaten Chelsea 3-1. However with Aguero, Fernandinho, Nasri Milner unavailable, the possibility of a comfortable victory was unlikely

Will We Do An Arsenal?

Tongue-in-cheek typical post-defeat kind of reaction but what do you reckon the chances are of losing the final to Sunderland, going out in the other 2 cups in quick succession and then seeing a league challenge peter out, a-la Arsenal a few years back?

I for one think the league will go to the wire and actually fancy us against Barca, but injuries and burn-out may tell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.