City v Chelsea Post Match Thread

I don't believe at all they will knock us out of the FA cup. Thinking like that we may aswell not bother turning up for the game

Sheeesh

bobmcfc said:
I don't believe at all they will knock us out of the FA cup. Thinking like that we may aswell not bother turning up for the game

Sheeesh

It's amazing how defeatist some people are being. Personally I think if a team with Milner, Garcia, Lescott, MDM, and Dzeko can go to Bayern and win, I've got every reason to be positive about our games against Chelsea and Barca.

Of course we'll miss our injured players, but we're a proper team and nobody will want to play us.

Harvster said:
Well beaten by an excellent team. Hazard was brilliant. They looked faster and stronger.

Agreed with my son on the way out of the game that Demichelis had been our best player. Looks like we were wrong, however, as ever since he's been getting pelters right left and centre.

Wish Pellers had admitted they deserved to win by the way - he's better than that.

I also though Demichelis was excellent, lots of good tackles and passing, the problem was having two forwards on who were not mobile, Sergio would have got behind Chelsea and with out that threat they could press up the pitch

BillyShears said:
bobmcfc said:

Sheeesh

It's amazing how defeatist some people are being. Personally I think if a team with Milner, Garcia, Lescott, MDM, and Dzeko can go to Bayern and win, I've got every reason to be positive about our games against Chelsea and Barca.

Of course we'll miss our injured players, but we're a proper team and nobody will want to play us.
Especially with the flair we play with and our results ! I'm not scared of bloody Chelsea and neither should anyone else on this forum

MdM was in the team as a defensive midfielder because he has defensive tendencies and would not abandon his post as Rodwell or Milner would do, he did ok for the job he was asked to do.

We missed Fernandinho big time last night, Aguero and Nasri are big losses too but at least we have cover for those positions at the moment.

Demichelis did OK for a 30-odd year old defender playing in midfield but we got outclassed in the middle, Yaya always had men around him and lost count the number of times there was no pass on and it goes back to Hart for the big humph upfield.

The best team won but the encouraging thing was even though we didn't play well at all we still created enough chances to actually win it, one of those chances goes in and it's a totally different game.

I'm not overly concerned, my only slight worry is how we've become lacking of options in the middle, Pellegrini doesn't seem to like Milner there and obviously must think Demichelis would do a better job than anyone else we had available there. In the big games I think we'll struggle with Demichelis playing centre mid, get Fernandinho and Yaya back playing together and we're a match for anyone.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, roll on weekend.

BillyShears said:
bobmcfc said:

Sheeesh

I don't disagree with you, but Milner and Garcia are also injured along with Ferandinho, Nasri, Aguero. Where we went wrong was that we had 31 days to strengthen a squad which has some areas in it that you don't need a World beater to improve it eg Boyata made the bench last night thats how far down into the bottom of the barrel we are having to scrape for a game of that importance. We need Nasri, Fernandinho and Aguero back asap.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
BillyShears said:
bobmcfc said:

Sheeesh

I don't disagree with you, but Milner and Garcia are also injured along with Ferandinho, Nasri, Aguero. Where we went wrong was that we had 31 days to strengthen a squad which has some areas in it that you don't need a World beater to improve it eg Boyata made the bench last night thats how far down into the bottom of the barrel we are having to scrape for a game of that importance. We need Nasri, Fernandinho and Aguero back asap.

We get them back roughly at the same time assuming all goes well with their recovery programs and if we are still in the hunt then its a good position to be in.

Our problem is how we cope without them until then and the fact we cannot afford to lose any more players from now on in.

Pics and comments on the Chelsea game are now online at
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rtfract.com/citfeb14.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rtfract.com/citfeb14.htm</a>

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
BillyShears said:
bobmcfc said:

Sheeesh

Agree totally, the perceived strength in depth was found wanting last night

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.