City v Chelsea post match

We might as well discuss chickens and eggs if all we're trying to do is decide whether Sergio is more "to blame" than Otamendi for Saturday's reverse. It's true that the game should have been wrapped up long before Costa got a sniff, and it is baffling how two of the best players in the world can waste as many chances as Kun and KdB did on Saturday. And we've seen it repeatedly at home this season. Some of City's build up on Saturday was quite superb but our finishing did let Chelsea off the hook. At 2 or 3-0 I'm convinced the game was over, and at 1-1 and even 1-2 we continued to make, and miss, chances. But we saw quite clearly in the second half that that defence is not only not good enough but that it is not, most definitely not a Guardiola defence. A simple ball over or through midfield was enough to get Otamendi to sell himself completely and to expose Kolarov's lack of pace. We have'nt got the skills to play 3 at the back against good forwards. We need defenders who are quick and intelligent, but Pep is right - you don't defend against good teams by dropping deep and tackling but by making sure you stifle them in midfield so that the forwards are living on scraps. Hazard and Costa didn't get a look in for 55 mins but then we gave in to frustration and discouragement. Pep is doing a great job but we're not there yet. One final thing. We've heard that many at City were appalled at the lack of team spirit last season. That isn't a problem now. And this is not meant to be the sickest joke of the day but we really do fight to the end now.

Have everyone settled down? I'm still disappointed that we could've been Top of the league, but instead we are 4th. Very similar feeling to last year's defeat at home to Leicester.

No idea because it's not just one player missing chances. It's all of them. Personally I think there's an element of this all that is mental. There's too much anxiety in the play in all parts of the pitch but especially in the penalty boxes. Kun and KDB are killers. The chances they've missed this season and the stupid decisions they've made don't bare thinking about. Even on Saturday we miss two tap in goals because KDB and Kun don't square the ball but instead go for glory.

It is a big problem currently.

Aguero 10 goals from 61 attempts - 0 assists
De Bruyne 2 goals from 37 shots - 7 assists

Compare that with

Costa 11 goals from 43 attempts - 4 assists
Sanchez 11 goals from 43 attempts - 5 assists
Hazard 8 goals from 39 attempts - 1 assist

I think its fair to say that Sergio has not been at the top of his game this year and De Bruyne isn't converting enough although his assists are good. Silva with 0 goals from 16 shots and 2 assists isn't great either.

The other teams key players have been much more clinical.

He owes Pep after this latest indiscretion. missing 7 games out of 18 through indiscipline is unacceptable.

I keep banging on about this. Unless you are getting goals from all round the team you aint gonna win the title. Look at Citys last 2 title winning years....I say no more. I expected Gundogen to be a help in this area but Im not impressed. No consistency.

I think the consistency, is a team thing. Not just down to individual players. We're not doing too bad, considering
the playing changes that are occurring. I think the Chelsea result and shenanigans has clouded a lot of people's
outlook. For 60 minutes on Saturday we played some bloody good stuff against an excellent side and i know the
finishing could be better, but i'm sure that will come. We're only out of the League Cup and tbh who cares,
we don't need the extra games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.