City v Crystal Palace Post Match

Salford_Blue said:
Chippy_boy said:
Salford_Blue said:
Anyone know how many far Milner ran today?

No, but it was many, many far.

Christ on a bike...can't get away with nowt on here!

Sorry. I should have put a smiley. Made me laugh anyway. Sounded like a rag supporter from Japan or something :-)

Anyron know how many far Mirrner rang today?

Chippy_boy said:
Salford_Blue said:
Chippy_boy said:
No, but it was many, many far.

Christ on a bike...can't get away with nowt on here!

Sorry. I should have put a smiley. Made me laugh anyway. Sounded like a rag supporter from Japan or something :-)

Anyron know how many far Mirrner rang today?

racist.

mosssideblue said:
BLUEMATT23 said:
A good win after a sloppy start.
However does anyone get a little frustrated by our repeated in game errors and just things that annoy the hell out of you?.

1/ Giving Free kicks away in poor areas.
2/ Hart's awful kicking, usually resulting in a throw to the opposition and the surrender of our possession.
3/ Our terrible corners, seriously when was the last time we score from one?. It's criminal that given the height we have in our team we can't get it past the first post.

I know I'm moaning but if we want to step up a level in Europe we have to improve on these things.

You have to be on a wind up

The only bit I agree with is joe's deliveries,,, they are poor at times

BLUEMATT23 said:
However does anyone get a little frustrated by our repeated in game errors and just things that annoy the hell out of you?.

2/ Hart's awful kicking, usually resulting in a throw to the opposition and the surrender of our possession.
3/ Our terrible corners, seriously when was the last time we score from one?. It's criminal that given the height we have in our team we can't get it past the first post.

I know I'm moaning but if we want to step up a level in Europe we have to improve on these things.

mosssideblue said:
BLUEMATT23 said:

The points are fair enough points though.

We did give away some stupid free kicks yesterday, in poor areas, probably about 4, mostly defended them well.

Harts kicking was pretty poor, and slow, but his distribution from his hands was good.

Our 8 corners were our pretty standard stuff, 5 cleared with little or no contest from a City player.

I thought this was a really good game of football. Palace made a good game of it; man for man they shouldn't get anything from the game but they were well organised and pressed high (first half) & tried to take their chances when they won the ball. I found it interesting that every pundit was saying they need a striker, but I thought their forwards looked dangerous. In Bolasie & Zaha they have 2 potential matchwinners; midfield is where they should strengthen if they need to score more goals imo.

It was great to see City try to solve the problem of breaking them down without a recognised striker & highlighted the skills great strikers bring to a team - movement in the box & calmness in front of goal. Odd then that it should be a fullback that displayed the first of those skills best. Zaba was magnificent & his energy never ceases to amaze me. In his position, I can't think of a better player in world football. He made that vital first goal (great pass from Fernadinho) which set the course of the game. I thought EVERY City player played well yesterday, but special mentions for Zab, Nasri, Jimmy, YaYa David & Fernandinho who were all brilliant. A bit cheap of one national newspaper report I read that gave every City player at least 7/10 except Mangala who got 6. What were they watching? Perhaps it's in their interests to demean City's biggest buy of the summer.

A word on Warnock. I can see that he winds people up, but I quite like him. He is clearly passionate about the game to the extent that sometimes he appears blind to the realities of what happens during a game. If he thinks that talking (almost) solely about the offside decision diverts attention from his team's defeat, he shouldn't worry. His team were beaten by a better one.

One final thing. The offside rule is complicated but Zaha wasn't offside because he wasn't interfering with play - quite right. Was Fernandinho interfering with play? The goal should have stood of course given the current rule, but is the rule right? Just throwing it out there

Great performance without a recognised striker on the field after the first 15 mins we dominated the game,how many teams could lose so many top players and still get results in Rome and against Leicester and Palace. Gotta give a special mention to Frank Lampard for taking the time to chat to us pissed up blues in the Crown and Anchor top top guy strangely him and Christine didn't want to come for our Christmas curry.

Silva had 3 on target, just the first got a better block than the second. 8 chances in the first half and no saves by the 'keeper due to bad finishing all round. It looked like one of those days until we got lucky with the deflection.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.