City v Crystal Palace Post Match

Vienna_70 said:
Blue Hefner said:
I didn't see the programme but if Savage did say they should have been 3-0 up at half-time then he's clearly not in the real world - they may have had 3 chances but so did we so a comment like that isn't balanced

I'd also question the people who gave him the platform to say that. They must have a meeting beforehand to discuss topics so how did anyone think that would be appropriate??? Agenda??

I thought Savage said, "Palace COULD have been 3-0 up at half-time.

There's a difference.

'Should have' means they were unlucky. 'Could have' means he was clutching at straws because he's still pissed off about us sacking his BFF.

Had to laugh at the Observer "game changer" graphic in their post match report. They seemed to think the CP effort that was given offside was a game changer. Embarrassing - unless they thought we were Liverpool of course?

For me a much better choice would have been Zabba's dink towards the end of the 1st half. From that moment City seemed to wake up to the fact that they were more than capable of shredding Palace using the false 9 formation, and not long afterwards had the breakthrough to show for it.

stony said:
Paul Lake's Left Knee said:
stony said:
What forum is that from mate? I'm just going through the match thread on goonersweb and our biggest fan is spewing bile as per

That is one hate filled Tarquin.

Tarquin in bile shock... yes you fucking mummy's boy we are worse than you, look at all the soft goals we have conceded recently, fucking numbskull

That particular poster has a real hard on for us. He talks about us more than he does his own team. City haunt his waking hours and disturb his sleep with nightmares. He probably self-harms every time we score.
His obvious anguish is pleasing.
stony,take a bow

stony said:
cleavers said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
I thought martin keown stuck up for us brilliantly and should be congratulated. Savage obviously has an axe to grind with us after we sacked his mate....tosser!!!
Savage will end up on Talksport, the station for WUM's, because that's all he is.

He looked like a right twat even before he opened his gob. Those bins he had on were thicker than Wio. He resembled a male Thelma from Scooby Do.
did u see the way he dived into the bile. he couldn,t wait to start chatting shit so excited he nearly ate his tongue.
thelma on tongue.

dennishasdoneit said:
stony said:
cleavers said:
Savage will end up on Talksport, the station for WUM's, because that's all he is.

He looked like a right twat even before he opened his gob. Those bins he had on were thicker than Wio. He resembled a male Thelma from Scooby Do.
did u see the way he dived into the bile. he couldn,t wait to start chatting shit so excited he nearly ate his tongue.
thelma on tongue.

Sounds just like Damocles in the Pellegrini thread...

I've tried to ignore it, but I cant.

"hark now hear the Palace sing, the Brighton ran away"

I'm sorry, but that is just wrong.

I mean, "my old man said to me one day, 'is it red or blue for you?' 'Both, I said."

"And then one Saturday afternoon he took me to Croydon." It just doesn't work.

Stick to singing 'CPFC'.

Chippy_boy said:
Rammy Blue said:
Chippy_boy said:
Sorry. I should have put a smiley. Made me laugh anyway. Sounded like a rag supporter from Japan or something :-)

Anyron know how many far Mirrner rang today?

racist.

One match ban then.

I asked Blatter to look into it, and after much consideration he's hitting you with a whopping fine of 10p.

maurizio said:
Blue Hefner said:
I didn't see the programme but if Savage did say they should have been 3-0 up at half-time then he's clearly not in the real world - they may have had 3 chances but so did we so a comment like that isn't balanced

I'd also question the people who gave him the platform to say that. They must have a meeting beforehand to discuss topics so how did anyone think that would be appropriate??? Agenda??
I think Savage only saw the "highlights" shown. Palace took every opportunity to boot it into the box and those were the chances, not many in the whole game. We kept possession, constantly probed, but the final ball or run didn't arrive in the first half so no highlights for TV. He should admire our control and endeavour and believe it was only a matter of time before a move would come off, if he had any intelligence, that is.

I am racking my brains to think of the 3 clear cut chances that Palace had before we scored (according to Savage). There was the overhead kick by Campbell from a very acute angle. If he had managed to score with that overhead kick from such an angle it would have been goal of this & every other century. Quarter chance at best & I'm being very generous when I count it as a quarter chance. Then there was the shot from Bolasie once again from a very acute angle. From such a tight angle there was only 2 places he could hit it, Straight at Hart or straight into the side netting which he did do. Not even a quarter chance. In fact not even a goal scoring opportunity unless the best goalkeeper in England fumbled it if it was straight at him. So I am completely at a loss to come up with Palace's 3 goal scoring opportunities. Can somebody help me out?

It could have been 10 said:
maurizio said:
Blue Hefner said:

I think Savage only saw the "highlights" shown. Palace took every opportunity to boot it into the box and those were the chances, not many in the whole game. We kept possession, constantly probed, but the final ball or run didn't arrive in the first half so no highlights for TV. He should admire our control and endeavour and believe it was only a matter of time before a move would come off, if he had any intelligence, that is.

I am racking my brains to think of the 3 clear cut chances that Palace had before we scored (according to Savage). There was the overhead kick by Campbell from a very acute angle. If he had managed to score with that overhead kick from such an angle it would have been goal of this & every other century. Quarter chance at best & I'm being very generous when I count it as a quarter chance. Then there was the shot from Bolasie once again from a very acute angle. From such a tight angle there was only 2 places he could hit it, Straight at Hart or straight into the side netting which he did do. Not even a quarter chance. In fact not even a goal scoring opportunity unless the best goalkeeper in England fumbled it if it was straight at him. So I am completely at a loss to come up with Palace's 3 goal scoring opportunities. Can somebody help me out?
header from dann that joe palmed away

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.