City v Crystal Palace Post Match

cleavers said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
I thought martin keown stuck up for us brilliantly and should be congratulated. Savage obviously has an axe to grind with us after we sacked his mate....tosser!!!
Savage will end up on Talksport, the station for WUM's, because that's all he is.

He looked like a right twat even before he opened his gob. Those bins he had on were thicker than Wio. He resembled a male Thelma from Scooby Do.

cleavers said:
FogBlueInSanFran said:
cleavers said:
He had cramp, its obvious.

After Milner was knocked to the ground (for a foul that should have been called but wasn't), he stuck out his legs and whacked whats-his-name in the shins. The "cramp" comment is because immediately thereafter, Jimmy got up and was stretching when he got booked . . . ergo he was booked for having cramps since it wasn't obvious he fouled anyone. You could only see Milner reach out with his legs on the replay from the back-of-goal angle . . . and even then it looked like an accident. Stupid card.
The Palace keeper even stretched Milners leg whilst on the floor, sorry Blue Mist I was simply being sarcastic, I've no idea why he was booked, he should have had a foul, which he didn't get, then clearly had cramp, then got booked, I assumed that Dowd thought he was wasting time.

No probs (about being sarcastic) I just couldn't work out what Dowd was doing

stony said:
cleavers said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
I thought martin keown stuck up for us brilliantly and should be congratulated. Savage obviously has an axe to grind with us after we sacked his mate....tosser!!!
Savage will end up on Talksport, the station for WUM's, because that's all he is.

He looked like a right twat even before he opened his gob. Those bins he had on were thicker than Wio. He resembled a male Thelma from Scooby Do.
This place is costing me a fortune in new keyboards.

BlueAnorak said:
The perfect fumble said:
Rodney said:
Savage lost what little credibility ha had with that utter drivel. It was clear that the others on the panel were unimpressed with his nonsense.

Savage on MOTD2

18 minutes 50 seconds in, then for the next 5 minutes or so.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04w7lvv/motd2-extra-21122014

It all kicked off the night before with this City caller on 606, it's around 44 min 38 secs.

She really had Savage on the ropes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04vdsps

Loved Ena - quality call - quality pull up.
Savage has completely lost his marbles.

applause.gif
Hyena.

Blue Mist said:
Without trawling through hundreds of pages, can anyone tell me why Milner got booked yesterday ? At the match I saw a defender pulling him down before another pushed him, dickhead then decided to book Milner, for what ? Diving ?

Typical Dowd. Like early on when Silva got pushed in the back and the ball hit his hand and Dowd penalised the handball not the push.

Blue Hefner said:
I didn't see the programme but if Savage did say they should have been 3-0 up at half-time then he's clearly not in the real world - they may have had 3 chances but so did we so a comment like that isn't balanced

I'd also question the people who gave him the platform to say that. They must have a meeting beforehand to discuss topics so how did anyone think that would be appropriate??? Agenda??
I think Savage only saw the "highlights" shown. Palace took every opportunity to boot it into the box and those were the chances, not many in the whole game. We kept possession, constantly probed, but the final ball or run didn't arrive in the first half so no highlights for TV. He should admire our control and endeavour and believe it was only a matter of time before a move would come off, if he had any intelligence, that is.

Vic said:
Blue Mist said:
Without trawling through hundreds of pages, can anyone tell me why Milner got booked yesterday ? At the match I saw a defender pulling him down before another pushed him, dickhead then decided to book Milner, for what ? Diving ?

Typical Dowd. Like early on when Silva got pushed in the back and the ball hit his hand and Dowd penalised the handball not the push.

It never touches his hand. He was guessing. It hit him in the rib cage.

Absolutely brilliant win and one which proves to me we don't need Dzeko! His lack of mobility and skill doesn't suit our style of play and yesterday's performance further emphasised that. What we need up front is players like Aguero and Jovetic, players with an abundance of skill who can contribute to our intricate passing game.

Nasri was fucking awesome and the interchange play between him, Silva, Yaya, Navas and Milner was a sight to behold. What Manchester City are capable of was massively emphasised because of adversity and we proved the old adage that adversity is the mother of invention.

Yes Barca, Spain and before them Roma used the false No 9, but I can't think of any other Premier League team who could have done what we did against a spirited Crystal Palace without a recognised striker.

Demichelis and Mangler are forming a formidable partnership and we're no longer looking like a one man defence. All in all it was a good win and yesterday provided us with another playing option and one which I prefer to using Dzeko. We need to get our stikers back ASAP, but I think we need to get another world class striker and a young apprentice to bolster our ranks and I'd fund this by selling Dzeko.

It was also mentioned that we're not blowing teams away like last season, but I prefer our more controlled approach in games. The Kamikaze way we played at times couldn't last as teams had begun to sus out how to counter it. Right now we're getting back to the style of football that I love, controlled possession based with a rapier-like attack ready to strike when the opportunity presents itself.

Blue Hefner said:
I didn't see the programme but if Savage did say they should have been 3-0 up at half-time then he's clearly not in the real world - they may have had 3 chances but so did we so a comment like that isn't balanced

I'd also question the people who gave him the platform to say that. They must have a meeting beforehand to discuss topics so how did anyone think that would be appropriate??? Agenda??

I thought Savage said, "Palace COULD have been 3-0 up at half-time.

There's a difference.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.