City v Everton Post Match Thread

Never in the history of football have two fullbacks in the same team lost so much blood.
City breaking records.

Good to flick the Everton bogeys from our nostrils and breathe again.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Alright performance, bit flat at the start. But 3 points. Just a case of consistency.

Another thing. Both Negredo and Nasri need to start every game.
There's something wrong with the midfield but I can't quite put my finger on it
. At times it's non-existant. It's been the same ever since De Jong left. He wasn't quite in form at the end of his time here but things defensively were much more solid when he sat in front of the centre halves.

I can, Fernandinio is soft as shite. Doesn't win headers, is knocked off the ball easily and makes a lot of wayward passes - not to mention giving the ball away. It's still early days and the lad deserves a chance to settle in the league but so far I think he's been poor.

Kompany's injury was a blessing in disguise today, but if he's out long term we'll be fucked again. Lescott couldn't handle Lukaku at all, but once Kompany went off Lescott was shifted to RCB. Lukaku was running into the right channel all game, into the space that Kolarov was leaving behind him, but now he was coming up against Nastasic who was much more comfortable in dealing with him 1v1.

sh249 said:
NanaToure42 said:
sh249 said:
It has. They played together throughout the first half of 2011/12 - together with two strikers - as we handed out hammerings left, right and centre. We're nearly always better with the two of them in the team.

The idea that they don't play well together was really just something that took hold as our performances tailed off from January into March/April 2012 (they also played together every game (I think) in the final 6 games that we won).

id like to see us play a 4231 with...

--------Aguero (Negredo)--------
Nasri-----Silva-----Navas (Milner)

I'm still not sold on Navas as a regular, if we were to play like that, I'd rather:
---Aguero (Negredo)----
Nasri-----Jovetic-----Silva

That said, I still think the 4-2-2-2 can work well (both home and away), provided we play it relatively narrowly:
----Aguero--Negredo------
Nasri-----------------Silva
------Fern-----Toure---------

Having both Silva and Nasri in those areas means we' d often end up with 4 players incentral positions, and would very rarely be overrun in midfield

I agree about the 4-2-2-2. Its a great formation and Yaya would have room to move forward up the middle with those strong runs with Silva and Nsri on either side to dish it off to. The only thing i dont agree with is not being sold on Navas but being sold on Jovetic.

nico1 said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Alright performance, bit flat at the start. But 3 points. Just a case of consistency.

Another thing. Both Negredo and Nasri need to start every game.
There's something wrong with the midfield but I can't quite put my finger on it
. At times it's non-existant. It's been the same ever since De Jong left. He wasn't quite in form at the end of his time here but things defensively were much more solid when he sat in front of the centre halves.

I can, Fernandinio is soft as shite. Doesn't win headers, is knocked off the ball easily and makes a lot of wayward passes - not to mention giving the ball away. It's still early days and the lad deserves a chance to settle in the league but so far I think he's been poor.
His protection of the back four has been very good, winning countless tackles per game and receiving the ball from the back four well. You have to understand that we leave ourselves open to counter attacks, we attack with the FBs high, and five of the front six high also, it's not the duty of one man to prevent them. Fernandinho has been brilliant defensively when we've had two banks of four defending behind the ball, but there isn't a player in the world (apart from Busquets) who can single handedly stop a counter attack. He's not soft in the slightest, his athleticism and mobility is immense, always putting himself about, that's what you get from a player of his stature, you can't expect him to hold players off like Yaya.

BLUEMATT23 said:
Negatives - Fernandinho, another shocking performance.

Didnt plau the match of his life thats for sure, but i certainly wasn't shocked. Cant think of too many mistakes he made. Wasnt watching him closely tho.

Could been a lot more today attacking we were great defence also we played well even when Kompany went off. I think is as fans will have to adjust to opposing teams having a lot more if the ball that we are use to but home form in the league is always great just need to improve our away form

On the subject of 4222, we should have been playing that from the start of the season. Silva and Nasri as interiors, no use for a touchline winger like Navas in this side. Zaba and Kolarov will provide all the width we need.

Well done to City.

I thought the first half was a wonderful game of football with Everton probably slightly edging it, up until the second goal for City, which seemed to come after the argument with Coleman and Negredo possibly dropping our focus.

2ND half, I thought we looked a different team (yet again, had this a few times) and nothing like the dangerous side of the first half.

The penalty was a very poor decision, which spoilt the game for me, as there was hardly any contact, and if you give that, then you have to give the push on Lukaku earlier, so a weak decision from the ref.

Staying on the ref, I thought Silva should have been booked earlier in the first half for his trip on the attacking Lukaku, which might have given City more concern, but in the 2nd half, he did neither team any favours, and seemed to book for just about everything, which totally killed the game off as a spectacle.

Overall, City deserved the win for the better second half. Had we gone in level, who knows.

I thought we missed Barry a bit, but McCarthy played well to be fair to him.

Hope your injured players are ok, and wish you well for the remainder of the season.

All the best.

NanaToure42 said:
sh249 said:
NanaToure42 said:
id like to see us play a 4231 with...

--------Aguero (Negredo)--------
Nasri-----Silva-----Navas (Milner)

I'm still not sold on Navas as a regular, if we were to play like that, I'd rather:
---Aguero (Negredo)----
Nasri-----Jovetic-----Silva

That said, I still think the 4-2-2-2 can work well (both home and away), provided we play it relatively narrowly:
----Aguero--Negredo------
Nasri-----------------Silva
------Fern-----Toure---------

Having both Silva and Nasri in those areas means we' d often end up with 4 players incentral positions, and would very rarely be overrun in midfield

I agree about the 4-2-2-2. Its a great formation and Yaya would have room to move forward up the middle with those strong runs with Silva and Nsri on either side to dish it off to. The only thing i dont agree with is not being sold on Navas but being sold on Jovetic.

Yeah, to be honest, being sold on Jovetic is based far more on having seen him play previously, rather than during his time here - although he did look good against Wigan (admittedly not a great barometer). And not being sold on Navas has less to do with his ability as a player, and more to do with our general style, how he might fit in etc. E.g. I don't think the 4-2-2-2 with Navas would necessarily be a great option against the better teams, as it would leave us light in the middle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.