City v Everton Post Match Thread

Didsbury Dave said:
BLUEMATT23 said:
Good performance and a much needed morale boosting victory.
Negatives - Fernandinho, another shocking performance. At the moment he looks off the pace and making to many errors.
Fernandinho was excellent, sweeping up in front of the back four.

Seriously - I think he is one of the main reasons the formation is struggling. He gets in good positions but is too lighweight. Thought McCarthy for Everton was much more effective in similar role. Give me NDJ or Barry any day of the week at this moment in time. He may adapt - hope he does.

mancity1 said:
avoidconfusion said:
Fantastic way to bounce back from that defeat against Bayern.

Anyone got any stats handy how often we actually BEAT Everton?

11 WINS 17 LOSSES 5 DRAWS in the premiership I think it is now.
That's not as bad as I thought it was. I thought they were an ever bigger bogey team than that.

Oh, and it's always good to beat Everton. Very easy club to dislike, especially their bitter reaction over Lescott. We paid £25m, why the booing? We never booed Shaun Wright Philips. If it's because they thought he was leaving for a lesser club, well you were proved wrong then you thick twats. Don't boo him because he saw the writing on the wall before you did.

Good game from City. Several good performances

Aguero could and should have had more

Thought Everton were poor, particularly Lukaku whose control was not as good as it should be

Anyone else feel emotionally drained ? I didn't sleep well last night thinking about todays game. I need a kip big time.

citymad said:
Anyone else feel emotionally drained ? I didn't sleep well last night thinking about todays game. I need a kip big time.

You're a right soft arse but yeah they do fucking drain you. I never slept on Wednesday night ;)

citymad said:

Was up all night but I had to do a fair bit of work in preparation for my client visitations today so it took my mind off the game a bit.

Must admit although he didn't start the game well when VK came off I was concerned.

When they scored first I thought here we go again.

To equalise within a minute was critical.

blue ranger said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BLUEMATT23 said:
Negatives - Fernandinho, another shocking performance. At the moment he looks off the pace and making to many errors.

Seriously - I think he is one of the main reasons the formation is struggling. He gets in good positions but is too lighweight. Thought McCarthy for Everton was much more effective in similar role. Give me NDJ or Barry any day of the week at this moment in time. He may adapt - hope he does.
he had a really good game today. Thought he'd struggle to play today after the game in midweek

Considering how thoroughly demoralising Wednesday's deconstruction was.
Considering it was Everton.
Considering how we lost Kompany and were disrupted by head injuries to Kolorov and Zaba.

Then that was as good as we could have hoped for today.

But let's not kid ourselves, the problems are still there.

blue ranger said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BLUEMATT23 said:

Not how I saw it at all. Our midfield totally dominated theirs, just like in the derby. His job was just to sit and sweep up behind yaya and he did it very well in both those games. I don't think that's actually his natural position, but he's learning to do it pretty well.

He was an important cog in today's win and the derby.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.