City v Everton Post Match Thread

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Didsbury Dave said:
blue ranger said:
Seriously - I think he is one of the main reasons the formation is struggling. He gets in good positions but is too lighweight. Thought McCarthy for Everton was much more effective in similar role. Give me NDJ or Barry any day of the week at this moment in time. He may adapt - hope he does.

Not how I saw it at all. Our midfield totally dominated theirs, just like in the derby. His job was just to sit and sweep up behind yaya and he did it very well in both those games. I don't think that's actually his natural position, but he's learning to do it pretty well.

He was an important cog in today's win and the derby.

Thought he got in the way a lot and made them play backwards, gave time for us to get back.
Job done. If that's shocking well I don't know what some people are expecting. Sure his passing
was wayward at times, but he wasn't as bad as some people make out. IMO.

Didn't know anyone was on his back. I never said he was poor - just think he isn't doing as well as I would have expected but it's early days, new league and hopefully he'll improve.

Ps show me where I said shocking. It's a forum for sensible discussion and everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Just the tonic!

Are we allowed to call Everton a good team...??

Great team performance with some individual brilliance particularly by Silva and Negredo who worked their bollocks off.
Special mention to Fernandinho also,his energy was immense and he provided a superb shield for the defence as well as breaking play and starting some of ours,a terrific showing.

Milners presence was also vital to the team dynamic,he was badly missed Wed.

The best compliment I can give is that Kompany wasn't missed second half,however,saying that,get back soon skip...!

kippaxblue76 said:
Very important to get back to winning ways, shaky start and it was crucial to score so soon after them, gave the players and the fans a lift. Some very good performances today notably, Negredo, Kolarov and Milner. I was pleased to see Pellegrini take off a striker and bring on Nasri as this gave us almost complete control for last 15 mins or so, Overall very pleased well done boys.
last 15 mins was a pleasure to watch.

Marvin said:
kippaxblue76 said:
Very important to get back to winning ways, shaky start and it was crucial to score so soon after them, gave the players and the fans a lift. Some very good performances today notably, Negredo, Kolarov and Milner. I was pleased to see Pellegrini take off a striker and bring on Nasri as this gave us almost complete control for last 15 mins or so, Overall very pleased well done boys.
last 15 mins was a pleasure to watch.

What do you think was wrong with Milner Marvin?

Anyone else see that rag Darron Gibson give that guy in the family stand the wanker sign when he was warming up?

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Didsbury Dave said:
blue ranger said:
Seriously - I think he is one of the main reasons the formation is struggling. He gets in good positions but is too lighweight. Thought McCarthy for Everton was much more effective in similar role. Give me NDJ or Barry any day of the week at this moment in time. He may adapt - hope he does.

Not how I saw it at all. Our midfield totally dominated theirs, just like in the derby. His job was just to sit and sweep up behind yaya and he did it very well in both those games. I don't think that's actually his natural position, but he's learning to do it pretty well.

He was an important cog in today's win and the derby.

Thought he got in the way a lot and made them play backwards, gave time for us to get back.
Job done. If that's shocking well I don't know what some people are expecting. Sure his passing
was wayward at times, but he wasn't as bad as some people make out. IMO.
That's exactly what he did well. Harrying their midfielders and covering the space. I think i remember him getting caught in possession once, like he did against bayern, something he needs to stop. But overall he did really well with his work rate and tenacity.

Skashion said:
mancity1 said:
avoidconfusion said:
Fantastic way to bounce back from that defeat against Bayern.

Anyone got any stats handy how often we actually BEAT Everton?

11 WINS 17 LOSSES 5 DRAWS in the premiership I this now.
That's not as bad as I thought it was. I thought they were an ever bigger bogey team than that.
Under Mancini we had a record of 1 win 1 draw 6 losses in the premiership, great win to come from behind against the only (previously) unbeaten team. I think it will take till january to see pellegrini's tactics working, but whoever was coming in was going to take a bit of time to settle.
Alot of talk about 4-2-2-2 but we ve seen him switch to 5 midfielders now a few times, I suspect he isnt as rigid as some think but he can suddenly come in and have us playing diffent formations every week... we need some continuity then we can start to adapt things!

very accomplished performance from conceding onwards
we made a supposed decent team look very ordinary, we toyed with them in the last 10 minutes or so

silva and the excellent negredo were the standouts for me

the only downer is vinnie getting injured again, hope its not too bad

Was at the game and sure there was a back pass to Howard which he picked up in the 2nd half. Anyone else see it or did I imagine it??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.