City v Everton Post Match Thread

vintiz said:
blue ranger said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Fernandinho was excellent, sweeping up in front of the back four.

Seriously - I think he is one of the main reasons the formation is struggling. He gets in good positions but is too lighweight. Thought McCarthy for Everton was much more effective in similar role. Give me NDJ or Barry any day of the week at this moment in time. He may adapt - hope he does.

I think he did a good job today. He's improving.

Well he could have taken a shot at goal when he had a chance !!!!

WTF! Fernandinho was excellent to day

I'm baffled by the 'cant pass' accusations levelled at Fernandinho,from what I saw he found a blue shirt on most occasions and in one or two made some fantastic long range examples.

As ive already stated,he was everywhere today,he didnt give their midfield a minutes rest where possible and even created several attacks.
I suggest people pay his game closer attention,he was the heartbeat today,much more than Yaya,who he often had to cover for.....

Contender for best performance of the season for me, that, given the standard and form of the opposition, who I thought would probably turn us over. Hats off to the players then and the manager. The rags were a pushover with plodders like Carrick and Hair Bear in the engine room, whereas Everton were far more mobile and tenacious, plus they had the animal that is Lukaku up top. After a shaky opening 10 minutes, I thought we played some excellent, inventive attacking football, with Silva involved in everything and Ya Ya immense. No duffers in sky blue at all in fact, with Ya Ya just shading the Beast and Lescott for MotM IMO. Keep playing like that and we'll have no problems. Big smiles all round!

Having had a few hours to take things in-

Isnt it nice to beat Everton convincingly for once..

Thanks Pellers..

Blue and Proud said:
Was at the game and sure there was a back pass to Howard which he picked up in the 2nd half. Anyone else see it or did I imagine it??

That was fucking mental. Can't believe the ref didn't give the freekick.

Rammy Blue said:
Blue and Proud said:
Was at the game and sure there was a back pass to Howard which he picked up in the 2nd half. Anyone else see it or did I imagine it??

That was fucking mental. Can't believe the ref didn't give the freekick.
Todays ref was a fucking moron!!

Very good today. Impressed.

Not a bad performance among them. Time to give Kolarov some credit - excellent today and improving all the time. Great to have Silva back, and really enjoyed Negredo's all action performance. Thought he was going to tear Coleman limb from limb in the first half (and that was a definite cynical foul on him from Coleman, so could see why he was annoyed).

Pen was at the other end, but looked a clear foul from distance - everyone certainly shouted for it.

And well done to Joe Hart - reckon he's turned the corner now.

Think Sergio is suffering a bit from having no pre-season - great goal regardless!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.