City v Everton Post Match Thread

Ducado said:
FantasyIreland said:
Just the tonic!

Are we allowed to call Everton a good team...??

Great team performance with some individual brilliance particularly by Silva and Negredo who worked their bollocks off.
Special mention to Fernandinho also,his energy was immense and he provided a superb shield for the defence as well as breaking play and starting some of ours,a terrific showing.

Milners presence was also vital to the team dynamic,he was badly missed Wed.

The best compliment I can give is that Kompany wasn't missed second half,however,saying that,get back soon skip...!

That's how I saw it, that was the best Everton team in terms of style that I have seen play at our place, some habits are hard to break for them, the niggling little fouls and faining are still there.

I thought they were actually better than United and they will beat quite a few teams this year, but they won't crack the top 4
Neat but toothless. I'd be surprised if they end up in top 6

Eaglechief said:
My only concern is that I couldn't see anything different tactically, we changed personnel but not the 4-2-2-2 tactics.
We went to a five man midfield midway through the second half when aguero went off.

Played well today. Poor defending was the main blame again for the goal. Hart maybe could have done a little better but to me doesn't carry the blame for it. Sergio didn't look happy today struggled through out for a player of his ability. Took his goal well. Even on a bad day he's a class above. Silva looked a lot better and nasri played well when coming on. He's the stand out player for me so far this year. Negredo is a beast nuff said. Not been impressed with ferno. Yes he works hard at the back defence wise no complaints. The issue is when he's got the ball at his feet. Poor passing and getting caught in possession to easy for me. For what we paid for the lad he should be able to pass to a bloody blue shirt. Time yet tho. Over all really happy with today's showing.

Ducado said:
FantasyIreland said:
Just the tonic!

Are we allowed to call Everton a good team...??

Great team performance with some individual brilliance particularly by Silva and Negredo who worked their bollocks off.
Special mention to Fernandinho also,his energy was immense and he provided a superb shield for the defence as well as breaking play and starting some of ours,a terrific showing.

Milners presence was also vital to the team dynamic,he was badly missed Wed.

The best compliment I can give is that Kompany wasn't missed second half,however,saying that,get back soon skip...!

That's how I saw it, that was the best Everton team in terms of style that I have seen play at our place, some habits are hard to break for them, the niggling little fouls and faining are still there.

I thought they were actually better than United and they will beat quite a few teams this year, but they won't crack the top 4

The best thing Moyes ever did for Everton was to leave them..The best thing united ever did was to appoint Moyes :)

Great result fully deserved, still don't like how far forwards the fullbacks are defending, partly to blame for the goal, and Joe should have stopped it.

Hart 6
Zab 6
Kompany 6 (Nastasic 6)
Lescott 6
Kolorov 7 (Clichy 6)
Fern 7
Yaya 7
Milner 7
Silva 8
Aguero 7 (Nasri 7)
Negrado 9

pweyhe said:
Dr Jacoby said:
Kolarov and Nasri look like new players under Pellegrini. Very encouraged by their recent form.

Nasri was on the field for about 15 minutes, and I can easily think of at least 3 instances where I just thought, "wow". Dude is so silky smooth on and off the ball. If him and Silva can make it work like they did today, then we gotta allow that to happen.
Agreed,Nasri is a superb footballer.Negredo makes Edin look like an amateur.Proper player all round.

Didsbury Dave said:
Eaglechief said:
My only concern is that I couldn't see anything different tactically, we changed personnel but not the 4-2-2-2 tactics.
We went to a five man midfield midway through the second half when aguero went off.

Yes that's true, I forgot that.

ShaLaLaLaSummerbee said:
Never in the history of football have two fullbacks in the same team lost so much blood.
City breaking records.

Good to flick the Everton bogeys from our nostrils and breathe again.
City-ruining blood transfusions since the Crimean War!

Eaglechief said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Eaglechief said:

Yes that's true, I forgot that.
And they barely had a sniff of the ball when we did it.

blue ranger said:
Didsbury Dave said:
BLUEMATT23 said:
Good performance and a much needed morale boosting victory.
Negatives - Fernandinho, another shocking performance. At the moment he looks off the pace and making to many errors.
Fernandinho was excellent, sweeping up in front of the back four.

Seriously - I think he is one of the main reasons the formation is struggling. He gets in good positions but is too lighweight. Thought McCarthy for Everton was much more effective in similar role. Give me NDJ or Barry any day of the week at this moment in time. He may adapt - hope he does.

I think he did a good job today. He's improving.

Well he could have taken a shot at goal when he had a chance !!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.