City v Everton Post Match Thread

They started off the better team and passed it about well. Barkley is going to be some player in a couple of years time. Another soft goal we conceded (have we conceded a decent goal this season ? Shrek's free kick perhaps ?), weak tackle from Lescott and Joe could have done better. This seemed to wake us up and from then on we largely controlled things, especially after H-T when they hardly tested Hart at all.

Lots of good performances and some excellent passing moves. Negredo was excellent all game - must start from now on. Aguero poor apart from the goal which was well taken. He scores with his most difficult chances !! Midifield overrun too often for my liking at you can't blame Fernandinho considering Yaya is a total lightweight when we don't have the ball. Fern made a really important block from a cross in the 1st half when we were totally stretched. Having said that his passing is not always what is should be and he gets caught in possession too often. Silva looked rusty to begin with but improved massively and he worked hard closing down and fighting for 50/50s. By the end, everything was going through him. Hard on Nasri who's been superb this season and is also a joy to watch at times. Milner did what was required keeping Baines quiet but also looking a threat down the right. Kolarov looks great so far this season - really looks up for it. Must start with him from now on. Forwards must start to gamble on his crosses.

Should have had more goals and good to see no daft free kicks given just outside the box too for Baines to line up. Ref was a muppet and did nothing to help the flow of the game. 9 yellows and hardly a bad tackle all game.

FantasyIreland said:
Just the tonic!

Are we allowed to call Everton a good team...??

Great team performance with some individual brilliance particularly by Silva and Negredo who worked their bollocks off.
Special mention to Fernandinho also,his energy was immense and he provided a superb shield for the defence as well as breaking play and starting some of ours,a terrific showing.

Milners presence was also vital to the team dynamic,he was badly missed Wed.

The best compliment I can give is that Kompany wasn't missed second half,however,saying that,get back soon skip...!
Just how I saw it, FI. An excellent and gutsy team performance. Silva was quite magnificent as usual and negredo is looking like a fan hero in the making.

We did to Everton what bayern did to us.

fucking thugs.

i wonder why is fighting almost nonexistent in football. i'd love to see some hockey-style fisticuffs after injuries to Aleks and Zab.

daxman said:
fablue said:
001.jpg

Me too. 3 great points.
The defence was very weak today, including Vinny.
Zaba diving (!???) I never thought I would ever live to see that.
Great games by Silva, Negredo, Milner, Kolarov and the last 10 min of Nasri.
Decent performances by Aguero and Yaya.
Is Nasty's elbow made of iron?
Please, lets call it fairly. Aguero was poor. Shades of Dzeko all game.

Apart from the two fucking goals eh!!

Blue and Proud said:
Was at the game and sure there was a back pass to Howard which he picked up in the 2nd half. Anyone else see it or did I imagine it??
Yes. It happened. They built an attack too.

The multiple formations and the rotation in our players will make it harder for opposing teams to scout us. Just need a solid base a be more fluid.

Delighted with the result. Especially with the team's determination to equalise so quickly after conceding.

Thought Kolarov had an excellent game, especially when he wizzed two crosses across the goal in the first half, unfortunately neither Aguero or Negredo had read the crosses, but they were begging for someone to get on the end of them.

Fernandinho put in a couple of important tackles/interceptions so I'm not sure why he's coming under criticism from some people.

Martinez did come to play attacking football, which helped us in hindsight, the first half was about even between the two sides, but I felt we pretty much dominated the second half and created better chances to score. So the score line was a fair result.

My only concern is that I couldn't see anything different tactically, we changed personnel but not the 4-2-2-2 tactics.

Looks like we'll just have to get used to being more vulnerable at the back, I'm still doubtful whether this approach will be successful over the course of a full season, especially away from home against the likes of Chelsea / Spurs / Arsenal and Liverpool etc.

FantasyIreland said:
Just the tonic!

Are we allowed to call Everton a good team...??

Great team performance with some individual brilliance particularly by Silva and Negredo who worked their bollocks off.
Special mention to Fernandinho also,his energy was immense and he provided a superb shield for the defence as well as breaking play and starting some of ours,a terrific showing.

Milners presence was also vital to the team dynamic,he was badly missed Wed.

The best compliment I can give is that Kompany wasn't missed second half,however,saying that,get back soon skip...!

That's how I saw it, that was the best Everton team in terms of style that I have seen play at our place, some habits are hard to break for them, the niggling little fouls and faining are still there.

I thought they were actually better than United and they will beat quite a few teams this year, but they won't crack the top 4

samharris said:
daxman said:
fablue said:
001.jpg

Me too. 3 great points.
The defence was very weak today, including Vinny.
Zaba diving (!???) I never thought I would ever live to see that.
Great games by Silva, Negredo, Milner, Kolarov and the last 10 min of Nasri.
Decent performances by Aguero and Yaya.
Is Nasty's elbow made of iron?
Please, lets call it fairly. Aguero was poor. Shades of Dzeko all game.

Apart from the two fucking goals eh!!

I think you will find the pen goes down as a miss.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.