City v Everton Post Match Thread

"Hart is only one of 5 survivors from the hammering from Bayern Munich".

This is a league game, we played the European and Super cup champions in midweek, it is normal for a manager to plan ahead and tell players to put complete effort into one game telling them that they will not be playing 3 days later. However hard it is to believe I don't think that anyone on Wednesday was saving themselves for Everton. We have close to 2 players for every position and can afford to do this to a certain extent.

"In come Zabaletta, Lescott, Milner, Silva and Negredo"
Well that's not bad considering is it?

No mention that the Everton free kick early on was taken over 10 yards away from where the foul was committed and gave Everton an advantage, and the ball was rolling (Yes it was a foul by Aguero and if it would have been a foul to City my response would be 'so, you shouldn't have committed the foul). then Hart was 'scrambling', he didn't avert a dangerous situation?

Why would Hart "be disappointed", "No hiding place" he did well to get a hand on it, did all the right things. Tbf it was a well taken goal.

Nastasic challenge, yes a penalty. From the ref's positioning (he only gets one look) appears like a good hard shoulder. If I didn't have the benefit of a replay I wouldn't have been 100% giving a penalty if I was stood where the ref was. You have to be 100% to give the penalty, can see why no pen given but we were lucky.

Coleman impeded Negredo, not a goalscoring opportunity as Silva's ball a bit too long. Booking. Hard for ref to judge in real time so no decision was correct.

Coleman spun Zabaleta round, penalty and easier decision than Everton's claim. It looks more of a foul in the replay than in real time and both penalty claims look like penalties on the replay. (not less of a claim Mr Wilson).

"It would have been a very flattering 4" (4th goal)
No it wouldn't , yes you can't score every chance but there were a number of golden opportunities to add to the score. 7-2 would have been flattering but achievable, though I am happy with 3-1 considering that I was saying that we needed a 4th just before Lukaku ran out of steam and Nasri came on because I felt that they were capable of getting back into the game.
Nice stat for Joe, 40.9% MCFC clean sheets, England 45.7%. It's all down to the defence ;-)

Some of us have to watch MOTD as we refuse to subscribe to the evil Murdoch empire.

Finally, who is this man Alan Shearer, the one who speaks so much sense (never thought I would type that).

chicagoblues said:
Got to give credit to Martinez ....his team played real football

True, tougher and more skilful than his Wigan side but to be expected given the difference in resources. A good hard proper footballing side. Despite caution from the contributors to the 'opposition view' article Everton should do well as long as they don't have injuries to key players. They are a good side.

My observation from 20,00kms is that we lack a killer mentality. We seem to get into the lead and then think "game won, lets ease up' .
Perhaps the powers that be should introduce a bonus system for the number of goals we score in a game. Maybe that would stop the pissing around trying to find the perfect spot to have a crack.
Sergio had two easier chances than the great one he converted - is that why we love him?

What i can't understand is how, at some point in the second half one of the Everton defenders hammered the ball back to Howard, who picked the ball up and play went on.

How is this not a free kick? Negredo (I think) was going mental.

I know I had been drinking but I didn't think I was THAT pissed

Lucky Toma said:
west didsblue said:
Can't remember commentary as biased as that for a long time. Just rewound to check who it was. Steve fucking Wilson.

Wasn't it Wilson who did the MOTD QPR game? It's been overlooked due to the eventual outcome but whoever commentated that day was absolutely revelling in our strife until Sergio struck. Watched it many times and always gets me how bizarre the commentary is - someone who seems to be actively enjoying our pain.

It was Guy Mowbray, and he screamed the place down when Sergio scored, so I don't think an accusation of bias would stand up against him. Plus Mowbray was interviewed about the game later and waxed lyrical about THAT moment. Last night's commentator though was an utter bastard from start to finish

Listerfiend said:
What i can't understand is how, at some point in the second half one of the Everton defenders hammered the ball back to Howard, who picked the ball up and play went on.

How is this not a free kick? Negredo (I think) was going mental.

I know I had been drinking but I didn't think I was THAT pissed

I remember that too.

Think it was Jagielka who played it back to him from the halfway line and he just picked it up.

It was so ridiculous I actually saw the funny side of it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.