City v Everton Post Match Thread

Fantastic team effort.
Aguero's injury is an awful blow but yesterday the team reacted brilliantly. They know it's now up to them to prove we are not a one man team.
Yaya, Nasri and Clichy were excellent.

When we won the title the first time,we scored 17 goals in the first 5 games but the first time I thought we had the mentality to win it was the game we played against Everton. It was a really tough game which we had to scrap and battle to win 2-0. Yesterday was a bit the same as they went into Moyes mode and forgot how to play football but remembered how to kick people. If people are saying that Mangala and Fernando should have gone (which I certainly don't agree with) then so should a couple of Everton players.

Martinez is a fraud. If he was so good as a manager then why were Wigan always battling relegation. His post match interview was designed to take the pressure off him. They're a rapidly ageing team and they're going to be in serious trouble in a couple of seasons when all those 30+ players have gone.

i agree in part re martinez, not sure i would say he was a fraud mind. but agree re the deterioration of a squad who are rapidly in decline. osman, pienaar, hibbert should not be anywhere near a first team place and in that respect his selections are baffling. browning and garbutt should be well ahead of them and alcaraz should be playing ahead of distin. i still think martinez is the right man for the job of those available, just needs to be careful re focussing on the europa and we drop behind re league.

We defended brilliantly yesterday. I have never seen Nasri work harder; Demichelis was excellent again. It was a great team effort under very difficult circumstances. If Sergio is not out long-term we have a great chance of another title.

Glad I decided to travel up for the game although it was a strange affair. The portents were good when the Chelsea result manifested itself but the omens took a turn for the worse when first the Maine Road Chippy had no S&K puddings and then the Etihad was plagued by a Bovril drought: PG instead of beef tea just ain't right. The bad things always come in threes trio was sadly completed by watching Sergio limp off. At least our luck changed after that as Mr Mariner singlehandedly sought to make up for the litany of poor decisions we have suffered this season.

Not going to dwell on the decisions which could detract from all the goo things in the performance but City getting pen was not that harsh given the unpunished foul by Hibbert on Nasri that just preceded it and I don't think there was any ill intent from Manga and Nando but I would not have complained if they had got reds.

The performance was a real "we've got three points and we are keeping them". Fantastic battling and some very good possession play. Defensively we did a good job of keeping them in front of us.

Nasri was my MotM, most touches, most tackles made, most passes, most key passes. James Milner a close second though. Yaya, Clichy and MDM the other standouts for me but credit to the whole side. A very important win.

Nasri was my MOTM as well, if for no other reason than he took responsibility to receive and give the ball as well as running down the opposition, even sprinting towards Howard on occasion. Work rate and guile. Good effort, Samir. Just keep it up for the season and we will all see the rewards of such efforts. Same goes for the rest of the squad. No complaints at the moment, save for the bloody curse of injuries, of course.

Was sat right at the top of Level 3 and thought the atmosphere was really good yesterday. If we had of scored a second it would of been rocking. Thought the abuse we gave to their keeper was brilliant.

A difficult game, but one which we won deservedly. We were clearly affected by Sergio's injury, especially as it was so early in the game but we did react positively. As most others, I think James, Ya Ya and Sami were excellent, both full backs had very good games and nullified any threat from Everton out wide and Dimichelis was solid apart from one misplaced pass! Joe Hart had a quiet match but picked off every cross and made the two-point-saving save when called upon and you can't ask for more. I was impressed with young Pozzo. Anyone who expected him "to fill Sergio's shoes" must be barking, but he did do all the things a striker should be doing and has real promise. He was unlucky not to score and what a boost that would have given him. The jibe that City are a one man band was shown to be rubbish, not least because we were actually missing at least half a team! we have quality in depth and real grit, determination and team spirit. In the end Everton had one real chance in 95 minutes.

The refereeing was "controversial" but directives are so contradictory now that this is always the case. The best examples are the penalty we got yesterday and the one we didn't get last week. Last week's muppet of a ref almost ended the possibility of a penalty ever being awarded again, and so yesterday's was bound to seem soft! I can see why Everton fans were angered but I think it was a foul - "there was contact" in the words of United match reporters! All in all, Mariner was poor rather than biased.

Nasri was fantastic again .
That was a great result yesterday .
Great save by Joe Hart near the end .
Pellergrini doing a very good job at this moment .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.