City v Everton Post Match Thread

blue_sonic176 said:
GeekinGav said:
Ref was bad for both teams, Mangala and Barry were both lucky to be on the field.

Penalty ... yes. Don't get this "soft" bullshit. if there's contact, its a pen, if there is no contact and its a dive, no penalty. Jagielka only had to shephard Milner away from the goal, his cock-up for trying to win a challenge in the box.

Martinez is starting to sounds like a whingy, old hombre.

No idea what Mangala was doing at the corner. maybe its a French thing .... Mad Eric would have been proud?!

not a classic by any stretch, but these games you have to win too.

bit concerned with the striker situation for Roma now. hoping Jovetic isnt that bad of an injury (dunno what injury he has) cos Dzeko wont be able to play 90 minutes if he could only play 30 minutes today. and ideally we need to score 2 goals and not lose, right? fingers are crossed.

I'm fairly certain that any score draw would do as long as CSKA lose to Bayern. So 1-1 would be see us go through. Hopefully we stuff them and score a bagful on our Roman holiday.

Correct. 1-1 or a higher score draw is enough as long as Moscow lose. If Moscow draw we need to win. If Moscow win it's game over

The vast majority of the national media really do detest us don't they. Did you hear some of the snidey loaded questions asked of "Pellers", by Talkshite's Sam Twatterface, in the after match press conference.

Vis a Vis: "Never a penalty was it"

"Shouldn't Mangala & Fernando both have been dismissed for violent conduct" etc, etc....

Not a mention of what was certainly a cold calculated (virtually pre-match) assault on Kun, by that vicious thug Shamus Coleman - Must have slipped his "mind".

Don't know how Pellegrini kept so calm... I would've defineatly chinned the smug cnut!!

It's a Penalty. Jag on some days or some refs might have got away with the PROFESSIONAL FOUL. Watch the 'takedown' contact of Milner 'from top of body to leg' without Jag going for the ball.
Great Call by Andre Marinner. Don't let the anti-City football pundits fool or con you.

I watched 4 games yesterday, and other than Stoke, they all looked like teams that have been asked to play 3 games in a week. But it was nice to see us not playing well and grinding out a result for once, because normally if we don't play well, we let in a stupid goal. I thought the defence was great, Mangala's karate kick aside. But I'm really struggling to think of a clear cut chance that we created (I was quite drunk by that point, admittedly). The penalty was one of those ones you'll win half the time, but considering what happened with a blatant penalty in the last game, it was nice to see a borderline penalty decision go for us for once.

Bit of a shame that Pozo (effectively) had his first start as a lone striker, but it was great to see a youngster getting a proper chance rather than 10 minutes at the end of an already won game.

I'm With Stupid said:
I watched 4 games yesterday, and other than Stoke, they all looked like teams that have been asked to play 3 games in a week. But it was nice to see us not playing well and grinding out a result for once, because normally if we don't play well, we let in a stupid goal. I thought the defence was great, Mangala's karate kick aside. But I'm really struggling to think of a clear cut chance that we created (I was quite drunk by that point, admittedly). The penalty was one of those ones you'll win half the time, but considering what happened with a blatant penalty in the last game, it was nice to see a borderline penalty decision go for us for once.

Bit of a shame that Pozo (effectively) had his first start as a lone striker, but it was great to see a youngster getting a proper chance rather than 10 minutes at the end of an already won game.
One to Pozo and Edin's knock down to Milner spring to mind

It was a clear penalty. Body or shoulder charge (No.1) to knock Milner off balance alone does not merit it. But the leg takedown (No.2) by Jags, without him going for the ball (No.3) , to prevent Milner from regaining his balance is a Professional Foul. Kudos for Marriner to spot it. Great Call.

After reading the match thread on an Everton forum, I was surprised at the vitriol aimed at Barry. He must be having a poor season, but you'd think he'd earned a bit of leeway after last seasons heroics. I remember reading in the media that it took the knowledgeable Everton fans to finally appreciate him. I guess that hasn't worked out too well.
There was also a few calls for Martinez to be sacked which surprised me. Most of them thought we'd paid the ref. Fuck knows what they'd be like if they'd suffered from some of the refs we've had this year.
The reaction to Aguero being injured was pretty decent and nice to read. Especially as the comments were made during the match when most fans would just be glad he was going off. Most of them were gutted and that was a pleasant surprise after reading Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Rag forums, because they were all praying for him to get injured. So fair play to them for that.
I was a little disappointed in Martinez post match comments too. He had every right to be angry about Mangala not being sent off, but Fernando was a yellow, no way was it a straight red. Mirallis should have picked up a second yellow and Barry should have too, as well as a straight red for the elbow. He managed not to mention that though. His comment about Everton controlling the game was pretty strange too.
He must be feeling the pressure.

blueplan said:
It was a clear penalty. Body or shoulder charge (No.1) to knock Milner off balance alone does not merit it. But the leg takedown (No.2) by Jags, without him going for the ball (No.3) , to prevent Milner from regaining his balance is a Professional Foul. Kudos for Marriner to spot it. Great Call.

For me it wasn't, it was very very soft and even Milner was getting back up. I'd be pissed if that got given against us,

lewisMCFC said:
blueplan said:

I'd be pissed if that got given against us,

I said that at the time but the more I looked at it the more it looks like a pen to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.