City v Everton post match

I think it was his 5th game back, may be wrong, however, he was integral to how silva and KDB played on Saturday: people who are asking where silvas form goes need look at how he plays without Kev, he isn't half the player when he's missing... I'd feel comfortable in that Gun is probably about 80% at the moment, as is sane and unbelievably KDB, and if it looks disjointed on Saturdays performance, fuck me we'll have some side when it does click!!

Yeah I know he's finding his fitness and his feet at the moment, but we definitely had better movement before we started playing him. Once he's up to speed and fitness he should be absolute quality, but right now it's hurting us while he beds in.

Sane on the other hand looked very good in that system.

We're nowhere near the finished article, it's going to be frightening. Can't wait to see it in action vs Southampton, first trip over in 4 bloody years.

Yeah I know he's finding his fitness and his feet at the moment, but we definitely had better movement before we started playing him. Once he's up to speed and fitness he should be absolute quality, but right now it's hurting us while he beds in.

Sane on the other hand looked very good in that system.

We're nowhere near the finished article, it's going to be frightening. Can't wait to see it in action vs Southampton, first trip over in 4 bloody years.

Gundogan was asked to play in a double pivot role with Dinho and I thought he did it very well.

Exactly, it's irrelevant how quick you move the ball if the opposition doesn't move, they'll still be where they were.

I don't think they do stats for it, but I would bet if you looked at each EFC player's heat map, they'd be pretty narrow. Everton seemed to have 6 players all of very high quality with no freedom at all. They stayed in position, to their credit they had a very defensive game plan.

If like Everton you have a very good squad and a very good manager and they set up like yesterday it's very hard to beat.
You need to take your chances.
You certainly can't miss chances like we did.

The fans shouting for it to be quicker, or take men on were ignoring the oppostion.
As you say, doesn't matter how quick you move the ball if they are set in position.
If the pass cannot break the lines I find it hard to believe a long distant shot would fair any better.

It's like the fans shouting shoooot all game. Ignoring the 10 professional footballers and international goalkeeper being paid £70k + a week to stop them.

I thought we were sensational in parts yesterday.
Our front three could all have played for the EDS. Which is very exciting.

Another day, De Bruyne buries that pen, Everton game plan is out of the window and we win well.

You can see the average positions for each starting 11 on Whoscored and you would win your bet: Everton are deep and narrow. Mind you, you have to be careful: City's front five look very narrow because Sane and Sterling swapped wings.

There were times when we should have moved the ball more quickly but it was not a major issue because Everton were unfortunately very disciplined. However, moving the ball more quickly, more often has to be an objective for City because it will generally make life more difficult for our opponents. One thing I still have a complaint about is not getting crosses in more quickly. Crossing is an area of the game that I imagine Pep will be working on with the players. We need to improve accuracy but we also need to get more venom into more crosses. Pep alluded to it in his post match comments, that he is just as interested in the second ball resulting from a cross as the first. He knows defenders are going to get bodies in the way of crosses but the harder you hit them, the less chance the defender has to control the ball and the more chance of creating disorganization in the defence...

We need them to.

However the reality is Spuds, the Gooners, and all will beat them easily at home.

This happened to us last season when managed a 0-0 draw away at the mighty Villa. Everyone else went there and smashed them.

Two points dropped I'm afraid, but we are still top of the League and hopefully Pep will have gained more experience of the Premier League.

Why should that be a given? Everton currently have the second best defensive record in the division and a manager who has proved he can organise a defence and get his team working hard.

This performance was nothing like Villa away and comparing this year's Everton to last season's Villa is not what I'd call a convincing basis for an argument.

Yes, we dropped points where we shouldn't have but every team does that; the best teams do it less often and City must avoid making a habit of it.

Against 11 men behind the ball, to create chances like we did, in the way that we did, was excellent... It showed that we will cope quite easily with the tactic in the future, as there won't be many teams as good as Koemans at defending there six yard box. Also, we won't have may days where the keeper makes world class save after save......

The poles in opinion stem from those able to see the whole pitch as they were there, the movement was excellent as we were invariably in positions 9/10 times to cause a threat (against a parked bus), to suggest otherwise is shortsighted, not because the minority are 'clueless' but the camera doesn't tell the whole story!!
100% this.

Just seen Dermot Gallacher on sly sports news say Coleman should have been sent off for the challenge on Sterling. Will the FA give him a retrospective ban ? I won't hold my breath.

Wonderful performance. Magnificent football. Just one of those games which 19 times out of 20 would be a comfortable win.

Sane looks a magnifcent player, ten times better than Navas. We will win this league easily and I wouldn't be that surprised to beat Barca at least once.

All these final balls are going to start coming off, and we are going to issue some serious drubbings to some teams.
It's not just the final balls though. Imagine if their keeper didn't have the game of his life.
2 missed pens. 2 World class saves, Aguero & de Brunye. The latter was probably save of the season so far. And nolito goal.

That's 5 goals with supposedly "poor" final 3rd play.

Just seen Dermot Gallacher on sly sports news say Coleman should have been sent off for the challenge on Sterling. Will the FA give him a retrospective ban ? I won't hold my breath.

You no the score, retrospective ban's are only for City players these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.