City V Everton pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evertons result yesterday means FA THEY always raise the bar against us as many teams seem to do 1-0 WILL do us after et but i cannot with our wonky defence, see us not conceding Also we could do without our library atmosphere ,with 9000 scousers screaming for them If the MEN have it correct we are struggling to sell seats i cannot get my head round the fact that ,for the last four decades we of a certain age have dreamt for events like a Semi-final or a European night

I would almost be tempted to start without Yaya and Silva as both seem off form and we have looked better with Aguero and Iheanacho. I have a suspicion though that it may be a little deceptive in that Iheanacho played against a Norwich side that didn't care about the FA Cup and Palace who didn't care about the League Cup. It can also be easier to play the final 20 mins as the game opens up.

I think Yaya will start as he does give us a bit more of control. I would like to think that we wouldn't start Yaya without a shield of Fernandinho and Delph but I doubt it.

If either were to be rested I would prefer it to be Silva as I thought he took up the same positions as Aguero a few times and they seemed to get in each other's way. Silva hasn't really hit his best form after his ankle injury but I'm sure its just a little dip in form. No doubt he'll be back to his best soon.

Just can't see us stopping them from scoring which then means we need 3. Sagna has been fantastic this season but Zab to come in to offer some kind of penetration seeing as none of the front lads want to move off the ball. Kelechi needs to start with Aguero. Sterling and Navas on the wings with Dinho and delph in the middle. Not that i expect to see anything like that side from pellegrini

Everton made our midfield look like it was non-existent. Besic, Barry, Barkley and Lukaku managed to tear us apart. We need to make sure our midfield is high energy and take the game to Everton. They'll be nervous in comparison and they've had a couple of injuries and been inconsistent. With Aguero on the pitch we'll also have a chance, I think we just need to ensure our back four are protected and then look to attack quickly. Martinez won't show us any respect, and I don't think he'll see the point in sitting deep and defending considering they've been incapable of defending this season except for when we tried to pick them off in the league (though we didn't test them much).

If we come out of the blocks quick, and get the equaliser their heads will drop and I think we'll roll them over.

"tear us apart" thought we lost 2-1 and were robbed by a ref that didnt give us a stonewall penalty , "wont show us any respect" well they did in the 0-0 draw , because the blue dippers only passed the half way line twice .If the bluedips are that good , why should we bother turning up ,is it worth battling down the M62 for a couple of hours to support the lads ? This could be Barcelona all over again we are gonna get outclassed , just hope we can keep the score respectable , as we have spent £500m on the squad , and it appears we are now a one man team . Bloody glad we have got the 40 points we need , at least we are safe for another year.

"tear us apart" thought we lost 2-1 and were robbed by a ref that didnt give us a stonewall penalty , "wont show us any respect" well they did in the 0-0 draw , because the blue dippers only passed the half way line twice .If the bluedips are that good , why should we bother turning up ,is it worth battling down the M62 for a couple of hours to support the lads ? This could be Barcelona all over again we are gonna get outclassed , just hope we can keep the score respectable , as we have spent £500m on the squad , and it appears we are now a one man team . Bloody glad we have got the 40 points we need , at least we are safe for another year.
this....sick innit ha

Just can't see us stopping them from scoring which then means we need 3. Sagna has been fantastic this season but Zab to come in to offer some kind of penetration seeing as none of the front lads want to move off the ball. Kelechi needs to start with Aguero. Sterling and Navas on the wings with Dinho and delph in the middle. Not that i expect to see anything like that side from pellegrini

and most of This.

I reckon come 90 minutes it will be the same result as last leg just reversed. 2-1 CITY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.