City V Everton pre-match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you see a blue dippers bus driven by a sleezy Spanish manager around the vicinity,please send it to old toilet.

Yeah, I agree with you. I'm going off the shape training they did yesterday though. It's interesting that they've got Delph left wing to start. If we score a couple I can see us changing to a 433 and pulling him into center mid. We could also put Toure into the front row of midfield and pull DeBruyne wide!

They will have a midfield of 5 including Barry and McCarthy and work on the break so I wouldn't start Yaya.

What I would like us to try if not this game certainly on Saturday is a defensive midfield of Ferny , Fernando and Delph with Silva behind Kun and Nacho or KVD with Sterling / Navas and Yaya to come on after 55 minutes depending on the scoreline.

I hope the crowds arrive early today and push the team forward from the start. Remember what Sergio was beggin for....
No hand-over to the dipper's army. We need some big roars. It's our place ffs.

Everton has quite a good record here. It's time for a setback. I personally would love a come back match without ET.

Whatever lineup, we need movement and variation of pace upfront to surprise and confuse their defence. Get in the box and cover the back post.
But most of all, team up and show you want it more.

They will have a midfield of 5 including Barry and McCarthy and work on the break so I wouldn't start Yaya.

What I would like us to try if not this game certainly on Saturday is a defensive midfield of Ferny , Fernando and Delph with Silva behind Kun and Nacho or KVD with Sterling / Navas and Yaya to come on after 55 minutes depending on the scoreline.

Check my team out from a couple of pages back ;)

Check my team out from a couple of pages back ;)

That to the best of my knowledge notwithstanding injury has never been used this season and I cannot understand why it hasn't been.

It could be used today notwithstanding our famous "last minute" unavailability syndrome.

It covers all bases and leaves us with Navas / Sterling and yaya as impact and or to finish off tiring sides.

Yaya without the three of Delph , Fernando and Ferny in the same line up doesn't work for me as does Sterling Silva and KDB unless the opposition go 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 ala Crystal Palace recently.

All out attack.
Throw everything we have at them - they'll be playing for a 0-0.
No point playing 3 in midfield if they don't move off their own 18 yard line. We need players to pick them apart - ie yaya, silva and de bruyne.

Caballero
Zaba demi otamendi clichy
fernandinho yaya
de bruyne silva sterling
aguero

Sterling has to play otherwise they'll easily cope with us. Teams can easily defend that short passing style we do these days and with no pace in the side it'll make it even easier to defend.

As always seems to be the case this season, if we can start well and get one up in the first 20 mins I can see us relaxing in to this and doing well. If it's still 0-0 after 20 or worse still we go behind, then feck knows.

And it looks like there's not many tickets left (this morning only a few in upper tier of the east stand and the first couple of blocks away from the corners in upper tier colin bell - looks like just the ones away from the cameras to go..)

I hope the crowds arrive early today and push the team forward from the start. Remember what Sergio was beggin for....
No hand-over to the dipper's army. We need some big roars. It's our place ffs.

Everton has quite a good record here. It's time for a setback. I personally would love a come back match without ET.

Whatever lineup, we need movement and variation of pace upfront to surprise and confuse their defence. Get in the box and cover the back post.
But most of all, team up and show you want it more.

Come on City!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.