CITY V FC Barcelona, Wednesday 9th Oct 2024, 8PM. Home leg. UWCL

The downside of beating Barca like that is that they’ll buy all our players!

They can try but they weren't able to prise an out of contract Lauren Hemp away and I think La Liga is becoming an increasingly less attractive league when you see Barca rolling teams over 8 and 9 nil every week. With someone like Aleixandri i get it, as she'd be going home, but i think our best players seem pretty settled and at home with us at the moment.

They can try but they weren't able to prise an out of contract Lauren Hemp away and I think La Liga is becoming an increasingly less attractive league when you see Barca rolling teams over 8 and 9 nil every week. With someone like Aleixandri i get it, as she'd be going home, but i think our best players seem pretty settled and at home with us at the moment.
True, but on the flip side, you’re far more likely to win the CL.

True, but on the flip side, you’re far more likely to win the CL.
definitely true right now but i think the gap between Barca and the English sides has been consistently closing for the past couple of years and WSL is growing at a much faster rate in terms of competitiveness and attendances.

I expect Chelsea fans were rubbing their hands with glee after watching last night as Barca looked very much there for the taking. Chelsea already beat them once last season and were left feeling a bit hard done by after questionable refereeing decisions in the semi final. French league football seems to entering a bit of a flop era too at the moment.

definitely true right now but i think the gap between Barca and the English sides has been consistently closing for the past couple of years and WSL is growing at a much faster rate in terms of competitiveness and attendances.

I expect Chelsea fans were rubbing their hands with glee after watching last night as Barca looked very much there for the taking. Chelsea already beat them once last season and were left feeling a bit hard done by after questionable refereeing decisions in the semi final. French league football seems to entering a bit of a flop era too at the moment.
Barca should have mixed it up a bit last night. A couple of balls over the top would have caused chaos. The fact they are so embedded to slow, beautiful football made them slightly more beatable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.