City V Fulham post match thread

3 points. Clean sheet. Able to rest some of our key players towards the end of the game.

YaYa is truly outstanding going forward. Great composure with the penalties and the goal from open play was World Class.

Glad to see Rodwell and Jovetic get some time on the pitch.

MCC said:
Well done blues. Now go and do the same at the swamp.

sorry to be picky, but please dont do exactly the same at OT! i'm not sure the languid pace will quite cut it against a slowly recovering United.

We'd played it very well today, dispatching of a really poor side without really ever breaking sweat but that it'll be tougher on Tuesday.<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:44 pm --<br /><br />
shemnel said:
MCC said:
Well done blues. Now go and do the same at the swamp.

sorry to be picky, but please dont do exactly the same at OT! i'm not sure the languid pace will quite cut it against a slowly recovering United.

We'd played it very well today, dispatching of a really poor side without really ever breaking sweat but that it'll be tougher on Tuesday.

just to clarify, exactly the same scoreline in our favour at OT will do just nicely!! i'll shut up now.

Just home weather was bloody awful felt we never got out of 2nd gear but we did what we had to do and won at a cantor, we had a bit of laugh logging on to the match day thread some people sat nice a comfy at home complaining about the atmosphere taking no account of the heavy rain and how cold it was and what is the worst away following I have seen for a good while

Juggernauts starting to roll, so many echoes of west brom (h) in the title winning season today, sent a shiver down my spine!

simon23 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
simon23 said:
ver got out of second gear and didnt really need to

solid performance from our midfield and i thought lescott was good again

only worrying thing for me is the lack of clear cut scoring opportunities we are creating which are very few.....we keep scoring goals from fantastic strikes like yayas third and ferds goal but we just arent creatin that much for our strikers in the last few games.......hopfully that will change soon

Did think MP might have given Jovetic longer but he had a few good touches when he came on as did rodwell

God you're so negative.

no realistic....

question....was it a spectacular performance? I would call it a solid one where we were rarely tested and didnt need to up our game (this is not negative...just a comment on the poor opposition)

We arent creating clear cut chances for our forwards ona regualr basis...look at the recent goals

cc final - two stunning strikes (both midfielders) and navas with the thrid on the breakaway
norwich 0-0 no goals from our strikers
Hull - silva (stunning strike)....dzeko goal at the end of the game when hull were pushing forward and we got a breakaway...similar to the chance he missed the same game)
barca - kompany goal from a corner
fulham...no goals from our forwards and the only noteable chance we had was created by negrado anticipating and hassling the player in posession of the ball (Sidwell I think)

Two games vs chelsea ...league game no goals, cup game = jovetic and nasri both good goals created by good play

the point im making is that its brilliant that we are socring so freely especially from our midfielders and attacking midfielders but we dont seem to be creating many chances for our forwards in recent games compared to earlier this season

How many chances did negrado have today abr the one he created for himself? I cannt remember any

And who do you think has been creating that space by taking away the defence ?

Didn't think it would end up as 5 after the first half, now we have 2 really hard games in a week.

"We're so dry it's unbelievable!"
"You should've come with a towel..."
"Where were you when you were dry?"
Great banter from the corner.

Fernandinho Yaya Silva Milner and Nasri were immense.

Bring on the Rags!

jimharri said:
Just back at base after an enjoyable, IF COLD, day up in 302. I thought the first half was a bit of a non-event, bar the penalty. Some of our passing was very sloppy in that opening period. Quick question; was anybody else pleasantly surprised to see that penalty given? You see countless challenges like that throughout the season not penalised. From where I was sat, it looked soft-ish. The second one was a stonewaller. As for the 3rd and 4th goals;strikes of beauty. And when MdM scores against you, you know you've got serious problems. Good to see some of our key players being subbed in preparation for our trip to the black hole of Trafford. Obvious MOTM, but credit to MdM; a steady performance today.

We'd already had two shouts (one reasonable one not) not entirely surprised, though it was the linesman who called it, not Moss.

Demichelis simply has to score direct from one of these near post corners one of these days. He's on a role now, so perhaps on Tuesday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.