City v Hull pre-match thread

Hull City (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if he'll risk Kompany again? Delph deserves to start after last night.
Don't think either have another game in their legs so soon. Navas should be fine to play again and Yaya should be well able for this one so we'll be alright personnel wise.

Yaya isn't up for it anymore. Full stop. Back in a sulk.
I think it's more a case of not being able to handle the intensity of the bigger matches and we need to take certain players out of the firing line. I'd go:

Caballero

Navas (Zaba if fit)
Otamendi
Stones
Kolarov

Yaya

Sterling
Dinho (Delph if able)
Silva
Sané

Aguero

If Yaya is really sulking bring in Garcia and drop Dinho/Delph back to pivot.

I think it's more a case of not being able to handle the intensity of the bigger matches and we need to take certain players out of the firing line. I'd go:

Caballero

Navas (Zaba if fit)
Otamendi
Stones
Kolarov

Yaya

Sterling
Dinho (Delph if able)
Silva
Sané

Aguero

If Yaya is really sulking bring in Garcia and drop Dinho/Delph back to pivot.

I'd go Delph anyway - he should play 5 of the remaining games or so and get a chance to prove he should stick around. If he plays like he did yesterday then it's a no-brainer. Yaya is gone at the end of the season regardless, and he doesn't really make a huge difference on the pitch any more.

I'd go Delph anyway - he should play 5 of the remaining games or so and get a chance to prove he should stick around. If he plays like he did yesterday then it's a no-brainer. Yaya is gone at the end of the season regardless, and he doesn't really make a huge difference on the pitch any more.
Delph would definitely get in on merit after last night, I'd just be worried he'd turn in a lethargic performance after his first 90 minutes in however long it's been. Yaya hasn't been offering much recently but this game should suit him.

This is a must win game against a difficult opponent fighting relegation. We need to give it all we have got.

Delph would definitely get in on merit after last night, I'd just be worried he'd turn in a lethargic performance after his first 90 minutes in however long it's been. Yaya hasn't been offering much recently but this game should suit him.

While that's true, he hasn't played in a while, I feel that Delph and Kompany have to basically show they can play 3 games in a week to be worth the squad place they take up. It's harsh but we need a squad full of healthy, durable footballers who can survive a month if an injury crisis means they have to play every game.

They've been 100% fit for quite some time, just not being selected, so time to sink or swim really.

Obviously the club have all the stats and metrics from heart rate to number of sprints in training and distance covered to identify if someone's knackered from the previous game and I wouldn't advocate playing them if they're showing clear signs of fatigue, only if they're relatively normal compared to the rest of the team which played yesterday.

....................Willy................
...Otamendi....Kompany....Stones..
...............Delph....Yaya...........
Sterling....Silva.....KDB.......Sane
..................Kun....................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.