City v Ipswich 1981 FA Cup Semi

my dad went to this game.

Tells me of a tale of him, one of his brothers and mates in a pub and its attacked.

Gone off all over. Police come in and they find me dad and his group all in a back room, lower in their seats still suppin' their pints :)

He went to the final aswell, infact the other week gave me the city shirt he wore for the final

My memory of this team was simply that - at the time I collected football cards, and one of the City players Tommy Caton looked very similar to The Greatest American Hero, a TV show at the time that I watched. So he was the guy I looked out for when City were playing on the telly in the FA Cup that year.

My greatest day watching City away (pre2008) Went with mum and dad (all season ticket holders and still living). Walked around Villa Park, one side and half with nicely dressed people, lots of nicely dressed ladies waving blue and white newly purchased flags. Then behind the North Stand and Witton Road Stand with God's own, scruffy, pissed falling in the gutters, and trying to jib ANY turnstile. Love City and the family!

My greatest day watching City away (pre2008) Went with mum and dad (all season ticket holders and still living). Walked around Villa Park, one side and half with nicely dressed people, lots of nicely dressed ladies waving blue and white newly purchased flags. Then behind the North Stand and Witton Road Stand with God's own, scruffy, pissed falling in the gutters, and trying to jib ANY turnstile. Love City and the family!
True, the female‘s who followed City back then were a bit rough.*

* runs for cover at this point

Sounds like most City games at Fulham (a)

Kevin Beattie was Ipswich’s version of Colin Bell, a great player devastated by injuries. He almost dragged them level single handed, had a brilliant game in defeat
Had Beattie scored from that early ipswich corner,it would have been a very different outcome..he soared through the air and connected with a powerful header. A great player.

Just thinking about thei r keeper ,Paul Cooper..,he was involved in 3 of my fav ever football matches from the 1980s..

City 1 ipswich 0 fa cup semi
City 5 utd 1; and
Ipswich 6 utd 3......; )

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.