CITY v Liverpool: Post Match Discussion

Sometimes you need to be made to work hard, its the stuff of champions and it keeps you on your toes.

Be patient. Keep it simple and wait for the right time to attack.

Think we've got a good lesson again, only not so costly like in Naples.

I hope Boyata and Razak mature soon. We need more composure in the team.

rickmcfc said:
Palerider said:
Anyone who thinks this was a point won needs to book an appointment at the doctors. We are now a top side, possibly in the top three in the world, and the only thing we lack is a winning attitude ( fans included ). Roberto Mancini has gone up in my opinion, he went to Anfield to win, he went to Munich to win and he went to Naples to win. We did not win any of those games but what we did was set a new standard for ourselves. Think about that we are now actually going to Bayern Munich and Liverpool to WIN. It's a massive change in attitude, perhaps not for Mancini but certainly for most of us as fans. Great, great times for us blues.

Go and have a lie down.

H'mm interesting. City are odds on to win the Premier League which presumably means that most people ( or at least the one's prepared to put hard cash rather than hot wind on to it ) think we are the best side in England. Most people think the Premier League is the best in Europe but recognise that Spain , Germany and Italy contain obvious contenders. Personally I think that only Barcelona and Real Madrid are currently clear of ourselves and that we are better than Bayern and the Italian teams. So possibly in the top three looks realistic.

themadinventor said:
Great result, post CL and it showed but we still ground out a point at a stadium where many will be put to the sword, well happy with that.
Me too. A little annoyed that Liverpool got back in game through a fluke and that we had to battle against a referee, but it's a lot better than last season when they tore us to pieces

Its always going to be difficult to play at Anfield, Liverpool never seems to give away to much, but good result, considering how the match turn out.......keep up the good work guys........

Well done today lads, i'd have taken that point before the game. Ref seemed to penalise tackles from behind from us but not them, we tired in the last 20 minutes but could easily have snatched it too.
Mario unlucky with 2nd booking but "why always him?"
Suarez a cracking player but a cheat.
A good point and no damage done this weekend after a disappointing midweek result.

TheMightyQuinn said:
FuZzY said:
HazeM3 said:
Balo should never be in a match squad again. Greatful for a point. Joe Hart MOTM.

Oh ffs! Call yourself a Blue? Did you think like this when he has scored for us?

Go take your head for a wobble

Agreed. Laughable post.
OP's agenda is tiresome. You do Dzeko no favors. If you think you are going to convince anyone with posts like that, you are deluded.

As for the game, I think it says as much about Liverpool as it does City. +1 man for 10 mins and they needed an OG to draw. 12 goals in now 13 games-what does that say about *their* finishing?

As someone said, we won a point (rather than dropped 2) considering the circumstances. I hate blaming the ref, but there were costly mistakes made. We defended for our life the last 10 mins but still had a chance (Silva, omg just SHOOT the f*ckin' ball!). Liverpool had plenty of chances to hit 1 home and couldn't. It may have been ugly and hard fought, but we didn't lose. Who's more disappointed-us or Liverpool??

Maybe it wasn't consistent defending all game long but it could've been worse and it wasn't. I'll take the point gladly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.