CITY v Liverpool: Post Match Discussion

bluelol said:
Great point today considering some of our players were not at the races, no way a sending off, we played a pool side stronger than last year despite going down to 10 men for the last 10, this is a game we would have lost last year.

A ref that needs a operation to remove a growth known as a whistle whilst attending spec savers

Talk Shite are reporting that we have lost the chance to go 7 point clear (no shit sherlock) not the fact that we have maintained our 5 point advantage, got to focus on a negative I suppose.

This result today is how championships are won, ask the scum.

Come on City

The scum watching us get a point in one of our hardest matches away were looking very pale. Get in, we are the best team in this league by a mile.

carlosthejackal said:
The cookie monster said:
FFS
We were 2nd best today came out with apoint...lets move on.
Exactly, no point moaning or blaming refs, a ponit at Anfield when we underperformed is a huge plus.

Exactly , lost there 3 nil last year , got a point with ten men ( remember the 6-1) , 5 points clear at the top of the league , still unbeaten , you've got more chance of finding the Holy Grail than perfection.

Forza Mancini.

Palerider said:
So basically, if we ever get to the Champions League final ( an away game ) you will want us to play for penalties. I.e. not lose. Sorry mate, losing mentality which inevitably will lead to well, losing. Fortune favours the brave. Seize the day etc etc etc.

To use your infallible logic: How did the go-for-the-win mentality work in Munich and Naples?

A CL final is classified as a neutral, but nice try.

Fortune favors the tactically sound, not the brave.

With regard to the own goal, I've just been discussing this with someone...

Lescott did something very similar in the home game against Newcastle; then, the through-ball was rolling through to Hart & would have been out of the reach of their striker (think it was Demba Ba, but could be wrong?) and the nick from Joleon took it into his path where he could get enough on it to dislodge it from Hart's grasp and someone else mopped up the rebound.

Here, it was again rolling to harmlessly towards Hart and unfortunately this time the touch/nick/deflection took it into the net.

Now I know that as a defender there are times when you're not entirely sure whether there is someone lurking behind you & so natural instinct is to try and control the ball (it takes guts/discipline to leave it alone).

As I say, unfortunately sometimes things like this happen. But it has happened and we can't do anything about it now other than look at the positives: still unbeaten in the league, no worse off than we were before the weekend and a very tough away game out of the way.

CTID!!!

Today was good practice. Teams having been coming to our place beaten before they kicked off. Against Newcastle, we won the game in second gear. The tempo was far too slow and that was no good for anyone.

A lot of men stood up today and matched Liverpool's work rate.

Mancini got it right with the team sheet but didn't respond well to the game once it had begun. Balotelli was not the player for a game like this, and Silva should have played on the right to get Micah in more (who wasn't as good as he normally is). He stuck with Milner who done well defending Enrique but a little more adventure and we would have, I feel, created a lot more chances.

Also, Aguero made plenty of wrong decisions which affected us, but overall, there's a lot of positives to take from this. Yaya and Barry done plenty and controlled the midfield for large parts.

ELL107T said:
With regard to the own goal, I've just been discussing this with someone...

Lescott did something very similar in the home game against Newcastle; then, the through-ball was rolling through to Hart & would have been out of the reach of their striker (think it was Demba Ba, but could be wrong?) and the nick from Joleon took it into his path where he could get enough on it to dislodge it from Hart's grasp and someone else mopped up the rebound.

Here, it was again rolling to harmlessly towards Hart and unfortunately this time the touch/nick/deflection took it into the net.

Now I know that as a defender there are times when you're not entirely sure whether there is someone lurking behind you & so natural instinct is to try and control the ball (it takes guts/discipline to leave it alone).

As I say, unfortunately sometimes things like this happen. But it has happened and we can't do anything about it now other than look at the positives: still unbeaten in the league, no worse off than we were before the weekend and a very tough away game out of the way.

CTID!!!
It was rolling towards the steward sat in front of row 1

How lucky was Reina today on a another he could have conceded 2 or 3 goals and a red card. Yaya needs to be rested think he's the only player to have played all our games. Too slow today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.