CITY v Liverpool: Post Match Discussion

I think a point each was fair post match but pre match we should have an attitude that only a win is good enough. I think Mancini went all out for the win which is definitely the correct attitude. For the record, like most City fans, I'm pre-programmed ( brainwashed ) to think a point at Anfield, Highbury, Old Trafford etc is a good result but thankfully men like Mancini don't! Basically our attitude is designed to get us 40 points and survival, Mancini's is a strategy to win the Premiership. His experience comes from being a winner our's from being losers. Mancini is fast becoming my favourite manager of all time![/quote]

this!^^^

Decent point, not the best performance but I'll take it, especially since the Geordies result yesterday.

Re: City against counter-attacking football

phil31 said:
I had this conversation with a city fan the other day.

We look like a house built on sand. We look like we could crumble at any time.
If we go on a bad run, our confidence could disappear.
We dont look solid enough. Something is amiss and i cant put my finger on it.

Well, I hope he/she told you to stop talking nonsense.

Re: Support our boys

Couldn't agree more....to repeat several earlier posts we've done exceptionally
well after all our CL games..there were some tired legs out there and we still
dug a point out at Anfield.

A scouse buddy has just commented they've got 4 points from 6 after playing Chelsea and us...i pointed out our results away to Utd,Spurs and Pool (and the aggregate score)...considering my 45 years of supporting City and the combined record we have against those 3 i couldn't be happier...we used to lose and now we don't.

CTID

MaineDAWG2008 said:
...instead of fookin criticising.

All iv read so far is nothing but negativity towards a number of our players. Yaya, Nasri, Mario, Dzeko, Kolarov to name a few.

Fustration is one thing, but hearing calls for players not to be included in teamsheets and to be removed from the club (mario) is ridiculous.

We are still unbeaten.

Get a friikkin grip ffs.

Either support the team or get lost!!

I agree, probably a sign of where we are now status wise, in the car on the way home it said on the news that city were HELD to a 1-1 draw with Liverpool.........HELD ffs this was liverpool, at Anfield,
positives ....Milner Joleon, Hart,Barry, great game, Clichy, Vinny, David Micah, good game, all this after playing,- or at least travelling there- away in Italy five days ago and pool having a weeks rest and playing at home
Still unbeaten and still 5 points clear, what more do we want we need to calm down a little we are still the best team in the prem by a country mile

oh! Suarez is worst than fukin tranny ever was

It was great result considering a hard mid-week game. I expect that the scum will be more disappointed than us after this weekend. Yes, not a great performance but players cant turn it on all the time.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Some really good performances today.

Hart obviously but also Lescott,Vinnie after a shaky start plus ,Clichy,Barry,Milner.

LOL! Sky gave Milner 5/10!

Palerider said:
Anyone who thinks this was a point won needs to book an appointment at the doctors. We are now a top side, possibly in the top three in the world, and the only thing we lack is a winning attitude ( fans included ). Roberto Mancini has gone up in my opinion, he went to Anfield to win, he went to Munich to win and he went to Naples to win. We did not win any of those games but what we did was set a new standard for ourselves. Think about that we are now actually going to Bayern Munich and Liverpool to WIN. It's a massive change in attitude, perhaps not for Mancini but certainly for most of us as fans. Great, great times for us blues.

It's a good thing you are not our manager.

In CL the key is not to win, but not to lose, in away games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.