City v Liverpool Post Match

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
cleavers said:
Craig said:
He clearly took one of the centre backs off because they were playing against 2 strikers who can dribble like wingers and were pissing past them at will.So he decied to move our quickest player inside and closer to them on one side and our best tackler inside and closer to them on the other,it worked pretty well to be fair.
Well for 10-15 minutes, those on the pitch were constantly asking the bench (Mancini) where they were supposed to be playing, because they didn't appear to have a clue, which suggests to me there was no obvious plan.

If anyone really thinks that having 4 fullbacks, and 1 centre back on the pitch for 20 minutes is a good idea then fair play, but to me it looks like a f**king muddle, and I like Mancini before anyone starts on my case, but today (not for the first time) he baffled me, and clearly he baffled his own players, because they didn't know who was doing what.

But for Aguero's wonder goal, we'd have lost that game, and we still nearly did, but for Hart's one good moment of the game near the end.

I'd file the game close to shambles personally, ranks alongside the game in Amsterdam, but at least we got a point from it.

the fullbacks at CB is one of Mancini's most stupid errors, the other is clichy at RB, the problem is though even when it does n't work he will still do it again, even when a normally reliable player has an absolute stinker like Gael did in Lisbon. I have given up on him now and if it alienates the squad and help gets him the sack then I hope he persists with it. I am tired of Heartthrob Bob now and I just want us to move on with somebody else.

Some fuckin whining shit on this thread but this has to be the best. Hoping we (that's City i'm on about) get beat so you can see your dream of Bobby being sacked come true. Unbefuckinlievable.

pominoz said:
Am i the only one that thinks it was a very good game to watch, and that we did well against a fired up and good Liverpool team?

Some spoilt smackarses on here.

No. I thought it was a cracking game with a couple of high quality goals. Our depleted squad gave as good as they got and we could have nicked it at the end.

All these 'new' fans need to realise we will not win every game. And as the more experienced amongst us know, being a Blue is as much about dealing with a set-back by dusting ourselves down and moving on to the next game.

Firstly, it was a cracking game of football.

Secondly: the harder I practise the luckier I get.

Aguerro's goal was one of the greatest ever scored by a City player and it is churlish in the extreme to call it lucky. The guy worked hard to create the chance from a forty/sixty challenge. He made his own luck. Credit him with that, if you want to bang on about it being lucky.

Some of our players had a poor outing but well, that's not down to lack of effort or bad luck. That's gonna happen over a season. Hart should've saved Gerard's goal but then again, how many has he saved when we had no right to expect him to do so? So, I'm not going to start banging my tin drum about his mistakes, just yet.

We're probably not going to win the league now but that's life. By challenging again (and we will continue to do so for a while yet), we've proven that last season wasn't some fluke. We're gonna be there or thereabouts for the foreseeable - and if there's one thing that's been shown up, time and again over the years, it's that teams who compete pick up their share of silverware. So you never know, we might get lucky if we hang on in there.
We've just gotta make sure that we're in a position to take advantage of whatever good luck comes our way.

Honestly, the way some people are bitching on here, just now, if they won the Euromillions Lottery I'd fully expect them to moan that it wasn't a rollover week.

stonerblue said:
pominoz said:
Am i the only one that thinks it was a very good game to watch, and that we did well against a fired up and good Liverpool team?

No. I thought it was a cracking game with a couple of high quality goals. Our depleted squad gave as good as they got and we could have nicked it at the end.

All these 'new' fans need to realise we will not win every game. And as the more experienced amongst us know, being a Blue is as much about dealing with a set-back by dusting ourselves down and moving on to the next game.
Depleted squad. Love it.

Bluemoon115 said:
stonerblue said:
pominoz said:

Depleted squad. Love it.

Captain, cantre half and leader- injured
Highly influential midfielder- unavailable

Any team would miss these two ever-presents.

Pics and comments on the Liverpool game are now online at
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.rtfract.com/citfeb13.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.rtfract.com/citfeb13.htm</a>

JoeMercer'sWay said:
CaliforniaBlue said:
For all this talk of "we'd have lost without Aguero's lucky/wonder-goal", don't forget that Gerard's goal was equally lucky/wonderful. They both tried to do something difficult that 9 out of 10 times wouldn't go in. They both went in, so it was a draw.

Yes, they were marginally better on the day, but we were far from shit. This wasn't the clueless Liverpool of early this season (and last) - they put us under pressure, they have several world class players, and they'll give every big team a hard time for the rest of the year.

ah come on, Hart did sod all wrong for Gerrard's, it was just a great, pure, clean hit, not really that lucky.

Reina went complete walkies for Aguero so there was a lot of luck before he even got the shot away.

I was talking about the strike itself, and wasn't faulting Hart. However, Gerard was lucky that no one closed him down before he got the shot off.

Many complain about Mancini's tactical naivite and poor squad rotation, but those are all things where he needs to learn to take advice, and stop being so stubborn. The formation is too narrow and the build-up is too slow, too much like SerieA. Just let the shackles off Robby and let them play to their strengths.
Many seem to ignore the difficulty of retaining the championship, not many clubs repeat in consecutive years. Many seem to ignore the fact that we have several key players not available though injuries or ACON. Take a deep breath, relax, we will have a top 3 finish again this year and qualify for the champs league, and have a good shot at the FA Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.