City v Liverpool Post Match

Mancini wants his strikers mostly create their chances and finish them as well. So other players, midfielders, wingers can concentrate on defending /avoid conceding.

So you better be Ibra under Mancini and then he will be delighted with you.

cleavers said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Liverpool have many weaknesses.

Why did we not try to exploit a single fucking one of them?

Stubborn tactics.
Completely agree with that, Liverpool played well, but at no point did we try and exploit their weaknesses, like Carragher. Dzeko made him look world class, and don't get me wrong he was once very good, but he isn't now.

Milner was superb for us, and Zaba also played well, keeping Suarez pretty quiet, but others weren't so good, and a prize for anyone who knows why we ended up with 4 f**king full backs on the pitch ? or why when going 3 at the back you take off one of the only 2 centre backs available ? or why Tevez wasn't brought on ? and to be fair why Nasri was given 3 minutes ? what could he do in 3 minutes I have no idea (and I still don't rate him when he gets 90 minutes).

Mancini, Hart, Clichy, Nastasic, Garcia, Silva, and Dzeko all had "bad days at the office" for me, Aguero was pretty poor for an hour (but fantastic for 20 minutes), and it was left to the usual work horses Barry, Zab, Lescott, and Milner to hold the team together. A pretty poor team performance, aided and abetted by some pretty poor substitutions, and managerial tactics.

He clearly took one of the centre backs off because they were playing against 2 strikers who can dribble like wingers and were pissing past them at will.So he decied to move our quickest player inside and closer to them on one side and our best tackler inside and closer to them on the other,it worked pretty well to be fair.He probably decided not to put king Carlos on because he has scored one in 13 and has been playing terribly for weeks.Against QPR he started had no touch and nogoal threat.Aguero and Dzeko have been doing their job together since the Sunderlkand game(another game the dream partnership was shite in)

Craig said:
cleavers said:
Bluemoon115 said:

Stubborn tactics.
Completely agree with that, Liverpool played well, but at no point did we try and exploit their weaknesses, like Carragher. Dzeko made him look world class, and don't get me wrong he was once very good, but he isn't now.

Milner was superb for us, and Zaba also played well, keeping Suarez pretty quiet, but others weren't so good, and a prize for anyone who knows why we ended up with 4 f**king full backs on the pitch ? or why when going 3 at the back you take off one of the only 2 centre backs available ? or why Tevez wasn't brought on ? and to be fair why Nasri was given 3 minutes ? what could he do in 3 minutes I have no idea (and I still don't rate him when he gets 90 minutes).

Mancini, Hart, Clichy, Nastasic, Garcia, Silva, and Dzeko all had "bad days at the office" for me, Aguero was pretty poor for an hour (but fantastic for 20 minutes), and it was left to the usual work horses Barry, Zab, Lescott, and Milner to hold the team together. A pretty poor team performance, aided and abetted by some pretty poor substitutions, and managerial tactics.

He clearly took one of the centre backs off because they were playing against 2 strikers who can dribble like wingers and were pissing past them at will.So he decied to move our quickest player inside and closer to them on one side and our best tackler inside and closer to them on the other,it worked pretty well to be fair.He probably decided not to put king Carlos on because he has scored one in 13 and has been playing terribly for weeks.Against QPR he started had no touch and nogoal threat.Aguero and Dzeko have been doing their job together since the Sunderlkand game(another game the dream partnership was shite in)
This.

Craig said:
cleavers said:
Bluemoon115 said:

Stubborn tactics.

He clearly took one of the centre backs off because they were playing against 2 strikers who can dribble like wingers and were pissing past them at will.So he decied to move our quickest player inside and closer to them on one side and our best tackler inside and closer to them on the other,it worked pretty well to be fair.
Well for 10-15 minutes, those on the pitch were constantly asking the bench (Mancini) where they were supposed to be playing, because they didn't appear to have a clue, which suggests to me there was no obvious plan.

If anyone really thinks that having 4 fullbacks, and 1 centre back on the pitch for 20 minutes is a good idea then fair play, but to me it looks like a f**king muddle, and I like Mancini before anyone starts on my case, but today (not for the first time) he baffled me, and clearly he baffled his own players, because they didn't know who was doing what.

But for Aguero's wonder goal, we'd have lost that game, and we still nearly did, but for Hart's one good moment of the game near the end.

I'd file the game close to shambles personally, ranks alongside the game in Amsterdam, but at least we got a point from it.

cleavers said:
Craig said:
cleavers said:

He clearly took one of the centre backs off because they were playing against 2 strikers who can dribble like wingers and were pissing past them at will.So he decied to move our quickest player inside and closer to them on one side and our best tackler inside and closer to them on the other,it worked pretty well to be fair.
Well for 10-15 minutes, those on the pitch were constantly asking the bench (Mancini) where they were supposed to be playing, because they didn't appear to have a clue, which suggests to me there was no obvious plan.

If anyone really thinks that having 4 fullbacks, and 1 centre back on the pitch for 20 minutes is a good idea then fair play, but to me it looks like a f**king muddle, and I like Mancini before anyone starts on my case, but today (not for the first time) he baffled me, and clearly he baffled his own players, because they didn't know who was doing what.

But for Aguero's wonder goal, we'd have lost that game, and we still nearly did, but for Hart's one good moment of the game near the end.

I'd file the game close to shambles personally, ranks alongside the game in Amsterdam, but at least we got a point from it.

We were poor today without a doubt and if we had lost we could not have whinged.When we went 3 at the back though we started to get back into thge game,for 10 minutes before that we could not get a kick.The Ajax game the 352 was a shambles but it was not today.The main thing them 2 games had in common was we played against 2 average sides with lots of energy an movement we struggled like mad.You can play whatever formation you like but it won't change that....I know loads of people have wrote him off after 2 bad passes but I really hope Rodwell can stay fit because he is the one player we have that could make a difference on that front.

cleavers said:
Craig said:
cleavers said:

the fullbacks at CB is one of Mancini's most stupid errors, the other is clichy at RB, the problem is though even when it does n't work he will still do it again, even when a normally reliable player has an absolute stinker like Gael did in Lisbon. I have given up on him now and if it alienates the squad and help gets him the sack then I hope he persists with it. I am tired of Heartthrob Bob now and I just want us to move on with somebody else.

Craig said:
cleavers said:
Craig said:

We were poor today without a doubt and if we had lost we could not have whinged.When we went 3 at the back though we started to get back into thge game,for 10 minutes before that we could not get a kick.The Ajax game the 352 was a shambles but it was not today.The main thing them 2 games had in common was we played against 2 average sides with lots of energy an movement we struggled like mad.You can play whatever formation you like but it won't change that....I know loads of people have wrote him off after 2 bad passes but I really hope Rodwell can stay fit because he is the one player we have that could make a difference on that front.
No disrespect, but I'm guessing you watched the game on TV, apologies if you were there.

When Nastasic went off, and we went 3 at the back with Clichy, Lescott, and Zab, none of them knew who was doing what, Lescott even went to the bench to try figure it out in a break in play. Then when Maicon came on there were more arms outstretched to the bench, particularly from Lescott again, and more especially Milner, who had been doing well down both flanks, its no great surprise when the team has 4 fullbacks on the pitch at once.

The only possible plus point, was that Liverpool didn't know what we were doing either. We got very lucky with Aguero's wonder goal, but lets not dress it up as something it wasn't, the only real plus point in the last 20 minutes was Aguero suddenly becoming world class, defensively we looked a shambles to me, and not for the first time with 3 at the back, also Liverpool had more chances in the last 15 minutes than they had all game, and they didn't have that many.

cleavers said:
Craig said:
cleavers said:

No disrespect, but I'm guessing you watched the game on TV, apologies if you were there.

When Nastasic went off, and we went 3 at the back with Clichy, Lescott, and Zab, none of them knew who was doing what, Lescott even went to the bench to try figure it out in a break in play. Then when Maicon came on there were more arms outstretched to the bench, particularly from Lescott again, and more especially Milner, who had been doing well down both flanks, its no great surprise when the team has 4 fullbacks on the pitch at once.

The only possible plus point, was that Liverpool didn't know what we were doing either. We got very lucky with Aguero's wonder goal, but lets not dress it up as something it wasn't, the only real plus point in the last 20 minutes was Aguero suddenly becoming world class, defensively we looked a shambles to me, and not for the first time with 3 at the back, also Liverpool had more chances in the last 15 minutes than they had all game, and they didn't have that many.

can't consider it a wonder goal imo, it was great persistence and hit and hope really, don't think from that angle you can do much but pray you've caught it right, and he still ended up on his arse but this time he managed to shoot before falling on his arse. He really needs new boots.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
can't consider it a wonder goal imo, it was great persistence and hit and hope really, don't think from that angle you can do much but pray you've caught it right, and he still ended up on his arse but this time he managed to shoot before falling on his arse. He really needs new boots.
It was, firstly he chased a lost cause, made the keeper make an error, then hit it without a touch. From that angle and distance he had no right to even be on target, and even if it had the post and gone in, it would have been a great strike, but it went in "clean", wonderful strike for me, and I can't recall seeing anyone score from there other than with a "poor" cross, and he clearly meant it, obviously there is an element of luck involved, and Reina had compromised himself, but it was for me a "wonder goal", pretty well up there with Beckham's half way line effort (at least he had 3 stumps to aim at, not 1).

cleavers said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
It was, firstly he chased a lost cause, made the keeper make an error, then hit it without a touch. From that angle and distance he had no right to even be on target, and even if it had the post and gone in, it would have been a great strike, but it went in "clean", wonderful strike for me, and I can't recall seeing anyone score from there other than with a "poor" cross, and he clearly meant it, obviously there is an element of luck involved, and Reina had compromised himself, but it was for me a "wonder goal", pretty well up there with Beckham's half way line effort (at least he had 3 stumps to aim at, not 1).

hit and hope for me, great effort to get into that position but from there a hell of a lot of luck needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.