City v Liverpool Post Match

JoeMercer'sWay said:
cleavers said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
can't consider it a wonder goal imo, it was great persistence and hit and hope really, don't think from that angle you can do much but pray you've caught it right, and he still ended up on his arse but this time he managed to shoot before falling on his arse. He really needs new boots.
It was, firstly he chased a lost cause, made the keeper make an error, then hit it without a touch. From that angle and distance he had no right to even be on target, and even if it had the post and gone in, it would have been a great strike, but it went in "clean", wonderful strike for me, and I can't recall seeing anyone score from there other than with a "poor" cross, and he clearly meant it, obviously there is an element of luck involved, and Reina had compromised himself, but it was for me a "wonder goal", pretty well up there with Beckham's half way line effort (at least he had 3 stumps to aim at, not 1).

hit and hope for me, great effort to get into that position but from there a hell of a lot of luck needed.
In many ways I do agree, but there was technique in there too, it shouldn't be dismissed as just "hit and hope", any more than Beckham's half way line effort was. Like Beckham, to even have the audacity to try was brilliant, and in Aguero's position, 99.9% of players would have tried to drag it back to get a better angle. There is no doubt he meant it, "hit and hope" or not, for me its still a brilliant goal.

Class goal for me, and him chasing a lost cause was equally important.

cleavers said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
cleavers said:
It was, firstly he chased a lost cause, made the keeper make an error, then hit it without a touch. From that angle and distance he had no right to even be on target, and even if it had the post and gone in, it would have been a great strike, but it went in "clean", wonderful strike for me, and I can't recall seeing anyone score from there other than with a "poor" cross, and he clearly meant it, obviously there is an element of luck involved, and Reina had compromised himself, but it was for me a "wonder goal", pretty well up there with Beckham's half way line effort (at least he had 3 stumps to aim at, not 1).

hit and hope for me, great effort to get into that position but from there a hell of a lot of luck needed.
In many ways I do agree, but there was technique in there too, it shouldn't be dismissed as just "hit and hope", any more than Beckham's half way line effort was. Like Beckham, to even have the audacity to try was brilliant, and in Aguero's position, 99.9% of players would have tried to drag it back to get a better angle. There is no doubt he meant it, "hit and hope" or not, for me its still a brilliant goal.

i agree except I think Beckham had more to aim at and therefore had more control over it.

Anyway it's all semantics, he scored and then remembered he's really good at football.

He still needs new boots.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
i agree except I think Beckham had more to aim at and therefore had more control over it.

Anyway it's all semantics, he scored and then remembered he's really good at football.

Agree about Beckham, which is why Aguero's goal is better for me, like I said above its the difference between aiming at 3 stumps, and 1 stump. Lucky yes a little, but totally intended.

Funnily enough, before he scored, a few minutes earlier when he fell over trying a shot, my lad screamed "fucking get some decent studs" it was hard to disagree.

cleavers said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Agree about Beckham, which is why Aguero's goal is better for me, like I said above its the difference between aiming at 3 stumps, and 1 stump. Lucky yes a little, but totally intended.

Funnily enough, before he scored, a few minutes earlier when he fell over trying a shot, my lad screamed "fucking get some decent studs" it was hard to disagree.

been screaming since about December for him to get some longer studs, it's getting boring now, nearly scored goal of the season today beating about 4 men, got into the box and fell on his arse, not good enough sadly, it's only amusing a) once when b) you're winning comfortably.

Mancini can't honestly believe we are still in any sort of a position to catch United at this point. He should refuse to answer questions in regards to keeping the league silverware. The question really is can City keep hold of the Second spot. I agree, piss poor.

Can I report Carlos Tevez missing? Why was he not on the pitch today? Frustrating is all I can say!

For all this talk of "we'd have lost without Aguero's lucky/wonder-goal", don't forget that Gerard's goal was equally lucky/wonderful. They both tried to do something difficult that 9 out of 10 times wouldn't go in. They both went in, so it was a draw.

Yes, they were marginally better on the day, but we were far from shit. This wasn't the clueless Liverpool of early this season (and last) - they put us under pressure, they have several world class players, and they'll give every big team a hard time for the rest of the year.

cleavers said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
cleavers said:

It is a wonder goal for me, no doubt about it. Apologies if already mentioned, but I was wondering where I had watched a similar goal, and then I found it..

Roberto Carlos scored a similar goal from a tight angle:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhVDFEW5348[/youtube]

at least now we don't need to compare Aguero's effort to a fluke goal by Beckham ;)

CaliforniaBlue said:
For all this talk of "we'd have lost without Aguero's lucky/wonder-goal", don't forget that Gerard's goal was equally lucky/wonderful. They both tried to do something difficult that 9 out of 10 times wouldn't go in. They both went in, so it was a draw.

Yes, they were marginally better on the day, but we were far from shit. This wasn't the clueless Liverpool of early this season (and last) - they put us under pressure, they have several world class players, and they'll give every big team a hard time for the rest of the year.

ah come on, Hart did sod all wrong for Gerrard's, it was just a great, pure, clean hit, not really that lucky.

Reina went complete walkies for Aguero so there was a lot of luck before he even got the shot away.

sincity said:
cleavers said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

It is a wonder goal for me, no doubt about it. Apologies if already mentioned, but I was wondering where I had watched a similar goal, and then I found it..

Roberto Carlos scored a similar goal from a tight angle:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhVDFEW5348[/youtube]

at least now we don't need to compare Aguero's effort to a fluke goal by Beckham ;)
To be fair Carlos didnt mean that and his celebration shows it, which makes it a fluke, fucking awesome though. Same season as this
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy8-DnZzdkw[/youtube]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.