City v Liverpool Post Match

karen7 said:
Tyler talked non stop about liverpool and was very underwhelmed at our goals as usual,he is always the same for our games except the obvious time
I watched the rerun earlier, it was quite amusing how he tried to rubbish both Nasri's pass, and Jovetic's finish for the second, despite the evidence to the contrary. in the summing up I think Neville described it as a fantastic finish.

cleavers said:
FantasyIreland said:
cleavers said:
Fernando is just what we needed, yes it will take him a little time to get up to speed in the PL, its way quicker than he's used to, but the signs are very good for me.

'Up to speed' ??

He was MOTM for me - an awesome display of midfield dominance.
I thought he played well too, it wasn't a criticism, what I meant was up to the pace of the PL, so his challenges for example are well timed.

Stop digging.

Agreed with everting else in your main post.

don't think it is negative to suggest that up to the 40th minute they shaded it , and it certainly would not have been against the run of play if they scored ,Thankfully the back four were formidable during this period and Pellers made a great call by choosing Clichy who imho had his best game for us , following on from his impressive performance at SJP in an unaccustomed right back role I think 5-6 players could easily have been chosen for MOTM indeed the only thing that niggled was the last ten minutes when we became sloppy and it is to be thanked that they missed a sitter otherwise the last seven minutes would have been a bit nervy

Re: Dipper Support

Pam said:
nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
I was very disappointed with the Liverpudlians last night, the only song I remember them singing was the "we saw you crying when we sent you down" very amusing that, up there with Ken Dodd's diddymen I thought.

I'm surprised they can even remember that far back.
And let's be fair, they didn't send us down, we sent ourselves down.

cleavers said:
karen7 said:
Tyler talked non stop about liverpool and was very underwhelmed at our goals as usual,he is always the same for our games except the obvious time
I watched the rerun earlier, it was quite amusing how he tried to rubbish both Nasri's pass, and Jovetic's finish for the second, despite the evidence to the contrary. in the summing up I think Neville described it as a fantastic finish.
I'v fucked Sky off after 7 years because of twats like Tyler

BlueBarratt said:
Whats gonna happen when we start playing for 90 minutes?
When we play the full 90 minutes it will be frightening .
I was thinking this today at work .
I think this season we will get in double figures for a league match .
I think we can Beat Man United thrashing of Ipswich in 1995 .
B.t.w the score in that match was 9-0 .

We have a very good squad and some great players.

Jovetic is like a new signing.

Just look at our bench and the players that did not make the bench.

We had the likes of Aguero, Navas, Milner, Kolarov, Sagna and Fernandinho on the bench, I am sure that they would all be starters for the top four teams.

We also have players like Negredo, Mangala and others who were not even in the squad.

I am looking forward to the season and the beautiful football we are playing and the squad and options we have to choose from.

God willing we will retain the title and do very well in CL

Thought we still looked a bit undercooked and that to me explains the drop off in the last 10 mins when usually we really go for the jugular.

Thought Nasri was excellent, his workrate is so impressive. Nando was solid and for the majority of the game defensively we looked well in control. Yaya just ticked things over in his own languid way, Dzeko worked hard and Jovetic looks like why we bought him, clever movement, dropping into the 10 position which creates the space for Silva and Nasri to exploit and our full backs to overlap. Then Navas great ball and its Sergio game over.

I think we won at about 80% of what we are capable of.

I expect us to get much much stronger and more ruthless as the season progresses. We need game time in a few players of course and that will come because we can rest players now with as i see no drop in quality at all in any position on the pitch. I looked at our bench last night and then looked who hadnt even made the bench and its fucking scary. Yet it seems a happy camp. Nice to see Lamps, Mangala, Alvaro in the tunnel supporting the lads and there time will come.

I would give last night 6/10 against the runners up. If we hit 10/10 we are going to smash somebody 10-0. Hope its the rags cunts

supercity88 said:
I think City are beginning to look like world beaters. We have progressed so so much under Pellegrini. This is a side with a core of players having missed most of pre-season because of the World Cup. This is a side who won the league last season and played about 60games in all competitions. It is a side who everyone else wants to beat. Despite all of that we went to Newcastle and a new £12m signing just completely covered the centre backs who were completely shot come 80mins. It was a professional performance and showed just how strong we are. The movement of Jovetic to allow others time and space, it is pure class. I thought our formation might be our downfall last night, but Pellegrini got it spot on by telling the team to drop deep. I don't think I have come across a manager that I struggle to find fault with. We played into Liverpool's hands at Anfield last season by allowing them to drag us out of position and exploit space in behind.

This time we said, there's the ball, come and get past us. We dropped a bit deeper and they were clueless. Instead, we picked them off as they made the costly mistake. Just like Chelsea did at Anfield last season. From then on we just kept the ball and then within one or two quick passes we found the space in behind and scored two goals that they would have been expecting to score. It was a shame we conceded but yet again it was so professional. We have a squad that can break teams down, can be patient with the ball and can be quick and direct. We have so many options and are looking excellent under a manager who made a few mistakes last season but already from the two games we have played so far, learns from them and knows how to get the 3 points. We didn't sit back and hope for a goal, we stopped Liverpool from playing their game and picked them off.

Here here. Good post.

Rascal said:
Thought we still looked a bit undercooked and that to me explains the drop off in the last 10 mins when usually we really go for the jugular.

Thought Nasri was excellent, his workrate is so impressive. Nando was solid and for the majority of the game defensively we looked well in control. Yaya just ticked things over in his own languid way, Dzeko worked hard and Jovetic looks like why we bought him, clever movement, dropping into the 10 position which creates the space for Silva and Nasri to exploit and our full backs to overlap. Then Navas great ball and its Sergio game over.

I think we won at about 80% of what we are capable of.

I expect us to get much much stronger and more ruthless as the season progresses. We need game time in a few players of course and that will come because we can rest players now with as i see no drop in quality at all in any position on the pitch. I looked at our bench last night and then looked who hadnt even made the bench and its fucking scary. Yet it seems a happy camp. Nice to see Lamps, Mangala, Alvaro in the tunnel supporting the lads and there time will come.

I would give last night 6/10 against the runners up. If we hit 10/10 we are going to smash somebody 10-0. Hope its the rags cunts
If Burnley don't put 10 past them this weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.