City v Liverpool Post Match

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
odd match, great to win and Jovetic was excellent. MDM was poor all night and gifted a goal late on and then almost made the same mistake a minute later. His passing was rank as well. Really strange match all in, great result. Joe Hart made a great save from Lambert's header and was unlucky. Vinny did well, Silva was quiet

Nope he had a very good game imo. We were just sloppy in possession at times which stemmed from Liverpool pressing us. Once we combated that we were in control of the game.

As others have said, we're not up to speed yet.

Not sure if we let them run it out of their system for the first 25 min or so or whether we were just mentally still in the dressing room. Either way, once we started playing we looked comfortable till the end when we relaxed so much we gave them a chance to smash and grab. We got a bit jittery and its not the first time we've done it when trying to see a game out.

Still, all things considered it was a good performance and we deserved the win (and maybe more goals).

Robbie Savage - "I thought Liverpool edged the first half until the mistake by Moreno". You mean until city scored and therefore took the lead - thus 'edging' the first half?

If truth be told we were nowhere near our best. That must be frightening for other teams. We only had 4 shots at goal all night and scored 3! Clinical to say the least.

Great efforts Jovetic, Clichy and Fernando.

Welcome back Kun. I hope he is ok he had a slight frown after the game.

Good win and we can get better. They played well for 20 minutes in the first half but we then dominated, second half only one team in it.

At this time, i think its only right to think of the 96 and lay a wreath or two.

Courtesy of Rory Smith:

"It's just a shame Man City couldn't produce that display before Chelsea wrapped the title up against Burnley last Monday."

I laughed.

Rodgers really hanging a lot on being better for the first 40 minutes, which is hilarious. That's not even a full half!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.