City v Napoli Post Match Discussion Thread

Rorz88 said:
Andouble said:
Rorz88 said:
Im not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread yet, but i know we've been through it before, but why oh why do we let the attacking team attack towards their own fans in the second half, it really does give them momentum and drive them forward in the latter stages. Liverpool always attack the kop in the second half as do most teams, so why don't we attack the 'more vocal' end ??

Napoli won the coin toss.

Fair point mate, but all i am saying is even when we do win the toss, we always play that way.

The north stand get all the goals the bastards

Thought overall it was a very entertaining game. If we would have went in at half time with a lead, Napoli would have had to come at us which in turn would have broken their 2 banks of 4 and gave us more space to exploit.

Have to give praise to Napoli they are a decent team, but still fancy us to get a result in the away leg

Hi, i'm a Napoli's supporter. So forgive my English. First of all my compliments for the forum, you know, last year we met Liverpool and although i will always be thankful to them for beating Milan, i don't have beautiful memories of that team and their supporters. Indeed, City's been very different towards our supporters and even reading your comments i can see you're honest and balanced. In Italy Napoli is often hated (they probably just envy us) so it's very pleasing to me to find some place where at least there's no hate. We both played a great match, i think we did something more because it was in Manchester and our players are inferior to City's. I honestly think City's the best team of the group, it's amazing that you can put a player like Tevez as substitute. Bayern is strong, but the best City could win against the best Bayern. Yaya Toure was great yesterday, Silva played a good half game, and Aguero made us take several yellow cards! And Dzeko is fantastic. I couldn't hope for a better start for us, a great match against a great team. I wish you good luck for the Premier, we both love the same colour, it would be fine to see England painted blue!
Again, thank you for letting me be your guest, let's meet again on 22nd of November, i hopefully be there to support my team against yours!

nice match, i think both teams can improve in next weeks, i just hope us and napoli will qualifield and kick bayern to europa league, that would be awesome! :)

mr groucho said:
Hi, i'm a Napoli's supporter. So forgive my English. First of all my compliments for the forum, you know, last year we met Liverpool and although i will always be thankful to them for beating Milan, i don't have beautiful memories of that team and their supporters. Indeed, City's been very different towards our supporters and even reading your comments i can see you're honest and balanced. In Italy Napoli is often hated (they probably just envy us) so it's very pleasing to me to find some place where at least there's no hate. We both played a great match, i think we did something more because it was in Manchester and our players are inferior to City's. I honestly think City's the best team of the group, it's amazing that you can put a player like Tevez as substitute. Bayern is strong, but the best City could win against the best Bayern. Yaya Toure was great yesterday, Silva played a good half game, and Aguero made us take several yellow cards! And Dzeko is fantastic. I couldn't hope for a better start for us, a great match against a great team. I wish you good luck for the Premier, we both love the same colour, it would be fine to see England painted blue!
Again, thank you for letting me be your guest, let's meet again on 22nd of November, i hopefully be there to support my team against yours!
Welcome to the forum! Did you go to the match?

afhald said:
nice match, i think both teams can improve in next weeks, i just hope us and napoli will qualifield and kick bayern to europa league, that would be awesome! :)

yeah i agree would be really fantastic ...........you guys are welcome to napoli for return match..

byronic said:
I think the first 20 minutes City played fantastic fluid football and to me it looked like Spurs match again - but for some reason it fizzled out and Silva and Nasri never quite upped gears going forward so the constructive play never received its positive conclusion. This needs to be looked at.

At times, it looked like a 4-4-2 to me with Silva wide on the right and Nasri wide on the left... too much space between the two of them so unable to play with the freedom they did against Spurs et al in the league so far... saying that, in the cold light of day Napoli are a good team, played well, their plans worked tactically and 1-1 was a fair result!

mr groucho said:

Great post Mr Groucho, your welcome at City anytime. We hope the Naples game brings such a high quality game. Well done.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:11 pm --<br /><br />
EaglesFan said:
I'll be first one to say that Napoli's manager got the best of us, really.

Mancini failed to recognize that they've come prepared to defend that last pass around/in front of the box. I said it at the end of first half - we will not get through the middle.

So - what do we do in the 2nd? We keep trying to the middle, and keep failing.
After a while, you could just see that our players have no clue what to do with the ball offensively.

And it's not even only Mancini, I am shocked that players themselves, especially guys like Silva and Nasri do not see the cork in the middle of the field - but just keep pushing on and on...giving away countless possesions.

I mean - God forbid we string three, fuck TWO crosses in a row!!!

Furthermore - I cant remember the last time I saw a long ball played forwardby one of our players. Honestly.

Its like we think at this level any team will just let you pass around endlessly all the way the box and set up a perfect strike?? Barcelona cant even do that- and they are number 1 team in passing (probably in history).

FFS try to skip some pitch with a long ball every now and then, it cant be worse than tapping around the center.

Good post. I agree that Mancini is an 'ARRY on the night (redknapp) believing that top players will work it out themselves. Mancini was out-coached. The top of the box was congested on purpose as they have watched our first 4 games were a majority of our goals come from. No long balls to break up the defensive rhythm. Very few crosses on target, ie unpracticed with little support in the center when the opportunity did arise.

And turnovers mid-field. Devastating. Don't let any PL teams study this second half. They'll all work out how to break us down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for Mancini to create some new set plays to give more options in attack.

Thank you all for your welcome. I think i'm going to stay here a bit, at least i'll improve my English! I'd invite you on the forum of Napoli but i guess you won't understand a lot, it's in Italian (well, it's in our own dialect, to be honest!). I'm coming back as soon!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.